Where were you during the Meltdown in the Meadowlands? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where were you during the Meltdown in the Meadowlands?

MarksBrothers85

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was at home watching it with a few buddies of mine from high school , and we were having a ball watching the Fins tear it up. In the first half Lamar Smith had that long TD run, the defense was simply dominating, hell even Jay looked like Marino at times. When they stopped the Jets on 4th and goal in the third quarter with the score 30-7, my friends left. But then it happened, TD after TD, B4 i knew it the score was 30-30. But then, Leslie Sheppard caught a long TD pass to put Miami on top again and I was relieved, but then Jumbo Elliot caught a score and then the FG went thru in OT. I shut it off even before it actually went thru. I was so pissed off i didn't go to school the next day. But, at the end of the season justice was served, the Dolphins went 11-5 and won the AFC East, while the Jets collapsed from 9-4 to finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs ;)

AHHHHhhhhhh man...I was watching with a couple of my buddies also..(all Dolfan haters) I was so excited about our Off. play ....all of them were stonefaced and jealous..(Browns n Bengals fans) but then the collapse began..damn it sam if you wouldve only knocked the ball away instead of going for the pick us fin fans wouldve never had to remember these types of things!!:roflmao:

i was actually tryin to coax this girl i knew into phone sex. it worked but i could barely do anything cause i was pissed

At my dorm apartment in college, watching the game incredulously with my roommate and friend who happens to be a huge Jets fan...

MarksBrothers85 said:
I was at home watching it with a few buddies of mine from high school , and we were having a ball watching the Fins tear it up. In the first half Lamar Smith had that long TD run, the defense was simply dominating, hell even Jay looked like Marino at times. When they stopped the Jets on 4th and goal in the third quarter with the score 30-7, my friends left. But then it happened, TD after TD, B4 i knew it the score was 30-30. But then, Leslie Sheppard caught a long TD pass to put Miami on top again and I was relieved, but then Jumbo Elliot caught a score and then the FG went thru in OT. I shut it off even before it actually went thru. I was so pissed off i didn't go to school the next day. But, at the end of the season justice was served, the Dolphins went 11-5 and won the AFC East, while the Jets collapsed from 9-4 to finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs ;)

I was alone at my pad. Remember calling my brother who lived in another city several times during the game we were both gloating and pumped. After the game, we talked again, trying to console each other about the debacle we just saw. We could barely speak.

finleyfinton said:
i was actually tryin to coax this girl i knew into phone sex. it worked but i could barely do anything cause i was pissed

so what your saying is you almost got screwed twice in one night

At home, in stunned amazement at how they could allow it to happen.

The worst thing of all was how could Jay Fiedler throw back to back interceptions in overtime? He made the horrible throw and it was picked off, then he was lucky enough to Thurman Thomas(then with us) strip the ball away and we got it back only to have Fiedler throw yet another interception, that was the starting point of realizing Jay Fiedler was just not gonna be the QB to lead this team to any real success.

I was at home watching while my wife ran around the house doing various things. She would check in for scores, knowing how much i hate the jets. She figured the way Miami was playing she would have a happy husband that night. Then the wheels fell off. I knew we were in trouble when a tackle catches a TD. She checked one last time and thought i was joking when I told her the phins lost. To this day whenever I start talking about the phins with my older son ,(4 yrs old and already a phin fan), she will bring up that jet game. Now that i have relived in i need to go to my safe place and get into the fetal position.

i have to admit, i still think its my fault we lost, i was at home watching and had that rythm going like our ball, dope, there ball relax, it worked very very well but then i ran out of stuff....we all know what happened then....:(

Back
Top Bottom