Where were you during the Meltdown in the Meadowlands? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where were you during the Meltdown in the Meadowlands?

I was like Agua, I know better than to trust these guys with a lead. I spent the 4th quarter practically tearing apart a pillow while trying to remain as calm as possible seeing as it was the very beginning of my relationship with my current GF. I couldn't let her see the mad Dolphin fan yet.....I must have done okay since were still together.

One other thing that happened that night was exceptionally funny. I had a friend that was going to Chicago the next day and he needed to borrow a jacket. I have a heavy duty Dolphins starter jacket that takes up permanent residence in the back of my closet so I let him take that one.

Being in the back of the closet so much, I often used the pockets of the jacket as stash holes. one of the things that was stashed in there was a "personal massager" that belonged to my ex. Of course I had forgotten all about it when I gave him the jacket but, the next day, I suddenly remebered it. I tried to call him on his cel but, he didn't answer. I left a desperate message on his voice mail trying to warn him before potentially embarassing circumstances should occur.

I was too late.

So he could have it handy when he got to Chicago, he carried the jacket with him instead of packing it. When he passed it through the scanner he said, that the old man working the scanner looked up at him, looked back down, back up at him, back down again and then the jacket came through the other side. He went into the pocket and pulled out the object and said, "What's this?" Without missing a beat, and never having seen the thing before my friend said, "It's a toothbrush holder".

The old man gave a little laugh, put it back in the pocket and gave my friend the jacket.

He got my message right after that. He was laughing his a$$ off when he called me. I told him that I didn't do it on purpose. He said he knew that, it was too perfect. :lol:

unfortunately the true dolpfans all suffured thru this defeat the remaining few went to bed thinking it was a blow out in miamis favor, needless to say i was up for the whole entire horrible defensive meltdown. i was in my apartment in west palm beach pacing the place like i was in the indy 500.

unfortunately, i too was at the game with my bro-in-law and one of my friends.(both HUGE jets fans). i was talking trash all game. man, did i get it after that game. all the way home. and it seemed like it took an hour just getting out of the meadowlands, with all the jets fans causing traffic. i didn't get homw til 3 in the morning and had to be at work at 7am. On top of all that , i got ripped a new one at work as well!( all my co-workers are jets fans). not good when youre on 2 hours sleep and hung over!! Needless to say, it was a night i wish i could forget. :(

Why did you bring this game up,..it was my worst night mare, that's the game that started my questioning our great D..The crazy part when you think of that game is Jay was killing the Jets on the Bomb...he was hitting it all over the field..

I was thinking about the Pats. God bless them. But I will say that two words will make me :rofl: whenever I think of that game.

Vinny.......Testeverde

Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde
Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde Vinny Testeverde

Vinny Testeverde
Vinny Testeverde
Vinny Testeverde
Vinny Testeverde
Vinny Testeverde
Vinny Testeverde
Vinny Testeverde

:D

MDFINFAN said:
Why did you bring this game up,..it was my worst night mare, that's the game that started my questioning our great D..The crazy part when you think of that game is Jay was killing the Jets on the Bomb...he was hitting it all over the field..
Apparently you have forgotten Jay's back to back interceptions in overtime also?:roflmao:

The first half of the game, I was on the couch, in the living room giddy as heck watching the phins kick the crap out of the Jets on the tube!

When things began to unravel, my demeanor changed to spewing some very choice words towards New York, Wanny, and Jay Feebler! While being constantly reminded by my wife that the children are in bed and shouldn't hear such vulgar ness.

As the end of the game was nearing, I was in shock. I decided to listen to the game while crawling to the kitchen, looking for the oven and the gas pipe! I turned the oven on, ready to end it all, as my hair, eyebrows and ears caught fire; I remembered my oven isn’t gas, but electric!!!

Today, I’m a ruined fan. Instead of the gorgeous blond mane of hair I had, I now sport dark black, charred, frizzy curly hair. My eyebrows still haven’t grown back. I’ve had fifteen surgeries on my ears. Instead of burnt crispy lobs, my ears are small and round. In fact, I’ve had many people say I look like a tall Chimpanzee.

I have only Wanny and Feebler to thank for this. People laugh at me all the time. The only thing that makes this easier for me is...

... most say I look better than Jay Feebler!!!

I hate threads asking us where we were during horrible times in Fins history. :( I'd rather not think about that horrible game. :(

Not only was it my B-day, but I had made a bet with my co-worker (a Jets fans) on the game. I lost $20 and had to wear a stupid Jets hat all day at work.

Scrap said:
Not only was it my B-day, but I had made a bet with my co-worker (a Jets fans) on the game. I lost $20 and had to wear a stupid Jets hat all day at work.
:eek: But...but...thats like...sacriligeous or something! Oh the horror...

Back
Top Bottom