Where would you rank Hard Rock Stadium to other Stadiums? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where would you rank Hard Rock Stadium to other Stadiums?

Renovated Stadium is one of the NFL's best without question. However, it's in a ridiculous area that no one can make any sense of. The original idea was that there would be a bunch of hotels built out there. Huizenga had a whole plan after he bought it with I believe even a theme park out there on the surrounding parcels but it didn't come to pass. Surrounding area is a crap hole dining wise. Sure, some good holes in the wall but still..
I believe huizenga wanted to build a brand new stadium but in the sawgrass area in broward and build Wayne’s world or whatever. It would also have a baseball and hockey stadium/arena

How steep is the upper level? We are planning a trip this season. My wife's experience with upper levels is limited to At&T stadium here in Dallas. That upper level is so steep that it gives her vertigo and she swore never to go back. It's almost like you are looking straight down.

Last time we went to Hard Rock we sat in the lower level. I wouldn't mind sitting in the upper level, but I would have to convince her that it's different than AT&T Stadium.
I haven't been to AT&T stadium, so i can't compare. But it doesn't seem terribly steep. My kids were like 5 and 7 and went, and my wife who likes to complain didn't mention vertigo.

Since temperatures have been tracked in the history of the NFL, the Dolphins have a losing record in games above 85 degrees.

So if it happened at some point, I guess my question is, when?
It felt like we scraped close wins at home when Gase was HC, and tended to get killed on the road. I think the heat was one of the big factors in that, but I can't prove it.

I attended over 500 college and pro games over a 40 year period. i have attended games in over 30 stadiums around the country and while there are some excellent stadiums throughout the country.

The best stadium I have ever seen a game in was the old Orange Bowl. While it had terrible food and bathrooms and the fiberglass seats were terrible. I have never experienced the same excitement by the fans that I felt inside the Orange Bowl when it was filled with Dolphins or Canes fans.

The present stadium is nice and more comfortable than the old Orange Bowl but in all the games I attended at Hard Rock Stadium, I never experienced the same excitement by the fans I saw dozens of times in the Orange Bowl.

I've seen the Dolphins play twice in my life and both games were in New Orleans vs the Saints

I love it. Only been to two since the renovations. Such an improvement from the original Joe Robbie/Dolphin Stadium/Land shark whatever.
seems to me all the upper bowl is pretty much protected by the canopy. Just hope they fix the parking (after having so much shut building
the F1 track last season). Love the old days where you could do laps around the stadium and great tailgating everywhere.
As far as how steep, I think its not bad compared to others. Gillette upper deck is very steep. was up there an saw a couple come up, she had horrible time even
walking up. Sat for about 2 min and left. too steep. HRS not nearly that bad.
Been to Gillette, Tampa, HRS, the older version, Orange bowl, Old Giants stadium, and Buffalo. Orange bowl was special because of the atmosphere, not the
venue. It was an amazing place to see a game. Hard Rock is the best I've been to. I can see it getting loud and crazy once the team gets good (this year).

Compared to the recent stadiums it’s below average because it old. Is it kept nice? Yes it is. But what I would recommend is tearing down marlin stadium and built a state of the art new orange bowl.

Since temperatures have been tracked in the history of the NFL, the Dolphins have a losing record in games above 85 degrees.

So if it happened at some point, I guess my question is, when?
You keep acting like it's one thing. Football is never one thing. That's the idiocy of fandom, where people say things like, we shouldn't hire a college coach or a former OC, or a former DC, or a retread HC, etc., b/c the last one failed. Or a million other statements like that. They always act like it's one thing. It never is. The fact is for a long time the Dolphins had the best record in football and during that time half of their games were played in hot weather. You can pretend it wasn't a factor, IMO it obviously was.

Compared to the recent stadiums it’s below average because it old. Is it kept nice? Yes it is. But what I would recommend is tearing down marlin stadium and built a state of the art new orange bowl.
Nah. Take the Cowboys for example. Their current stadium has all the glitz, glamor, and spectacle you could ever want in a stadium, but it absolutely sucks to watch a game there. The old Texas Stadium was a toilet, but it was a much better game day experience than the new stadium.

I’ve been to . Jets, New Orleans, falcons new and old, Washington redskinss.

1.falcons new
2. New orleans
3. Miami
4. Falcons old
5.jets
6. Washington..

So I’d say it’s average

I hear you all on the orange bowl. But... a few years ago when UM beat Notre Dame that stadium was ROCKING

I love it. Only been to two since the renovations. Such an improvement from the original Joe Robbie/Dolphin Stadium/Land shark whatever.
seems to me all the upper bowl is pretty much protected by the canopy. Just hope they fix the parking (after having so much shut building
the F1 track last season). Love the old days where you could do laps around the stadium and great tailgating everywhere.
As far as how steep, I think its not bad compared to others. Gillette upper deck is very steep. was up there an saw a couple come up, she had horrible time even
walking up. Sat for about 2 min and left. too steep. HRS not nearly that bad.
Been to Gillette, Tampa, HRS, the older version, Orange bowl, Old Giants stadium, and Buffalo. Orange bowl was special because of the atmosphere, not the
venue. It was an amazing place to see a game. Hard Rock is the best I've been to. I can see it getting loud and crazy once the team gets good (this year).
I liked the post but your wrong imo about the orange bowl venue, the venue created the atmosphere for one reason, stands proximity to the field

Been flying down twice a year for games since 1988. Was there when the place was built and the transformation is amazing. There‘s always complaints that fans never show up but when we’re winning games that stadium is alive, well, and loud.
I always stay at the Ritz in Key Biscayne. I make it a long weekend so I like the resort vacation feel. They treat me like gold and because I’m such a repeat customer they often upgrade me to the penthouse at no extra charge.
Can‘t beat the experience

Back
Top Bottom