Which AFC EAST Team has Improved Most Overall (Coaches, Players, etc) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which AFC EAST Team has Improved Most Overall (Coaches, Players, etc)

Consider Player and Coaching additions

• Buffalo Bills

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Drew Bledsoe's stats for the Steelers game:

Comp: 10 Att: 21 Comp%: 47.6 Yards: 102 Yards per attempt(ouch) 4.86 Long: 18 TDs: 1 TD%: 4.8 INT: 0 INT%: .0 Sacked: 2 Yards sacked: 11 QB RATING: 77.9

Jay 80.3 huh? who?

Now I know what you're gunna say. Jay only busted out a 50 rating in the playoff game. Well Lamar Smith busted out 6 yards on 6 carries. We had no Chambers and 1/2 Gadsden.

Actually, lets make it interesting. I wonder what his rating is say James McKnight caught that TD pass. I don't know how far the throw was, so lets just say it was a 35 yard TD pass instead of an INT.

Comp: 16 Att: 28 Comp%: 57.1 Yards: 157 Yards per attempt: 5.61 Long: 35 TDs:1 TD%: 1 INTs: 0 INT%: 0 Sacked: 3 Yards sacked: 17 QB RATING : 84.97

This is without Chambers and 1/2 of Gadsden.

Thanks McKnight. You caused a 35 point swing in Jay's QB rating.

Interesting. Thanks Dolph. I stand corrected. But I still think Bledsoe has improved the Bills the most.

sure they improved the most

Originally posted by Sherif
Interesting. Thanks Dolph. I stand corrected. But I still think Bledsoe has improved the Bills the most.
when you have rob johnson as your QB, anybody would be an improvement!

Pennington is crap. If they had ANYONE to step up, Vinny would have been released last week.

The Jets are gonna be hurtin. Vinny Testicle is a has been... and Pennington will never live up to the hype that the NY press wants to extole upon him. The OLine is still decent, but not dominating as it once was...Martin is always a force to be reckoned with, but if you find a way to slow hiim down, what do they have left? The defense got worse losing Cox and both corners...now two corners from different systems have to learn to work together, and Cox's leadership will be missed big time.

If the Jets are so bad...then how come we don't beat them??? The Jets are going to be competitive...Do Not Dismiss them...Oh and by the way...They have been missing Cox's leadership for over a year...He one the SB with the Patriots last season and has signed on with the Aints this year:goof:

THe Bills will be most improved...from 3-13 to like 7-9 or 8-8. As regan said..."When you are at the bottom it is easier to improve."

:monkey: Bills

:monkey: Jets

As a Buffalo fan masquerading as a Buffalo fan :D, of course I think Buffalo has made the biggest offseason strides. Among fans and team insiders both, there is a general recognition that the Bills did not make the move to acquire proven quality on the defensive line. Having opted for Mike Williams in round one, and picking up a WR who they thought had slipped to them in round 2 (Josh Reed) the Bills found the top flight DTs were all gone. Ryan Denny has the potential to be a solid Phil Hansen type DE down the road, but he's not the top flite guy who is a lock to come in and start successfully from day one.

Also, the Bills did not make an obvious huge upgrade at safety as some hoped they would do. Prioleau stepped in last year and did a credible job. Jenkins, whom the Bills acquired in the off season is a lot like Prioleau, a strong run supporter who's not necessarily gonna be able to cover receivers the way you'd like a safety to do. Coy Wire is athletic enough, and a little bigger than Prioleau, but can he make that big switch from linebacker soon enough to be a factor this season. Tony Driver has some promise too, but he's coming off a serious injury and is far from a sure thing. As you can see, from a Bills fan perspective, we think the biggest questions remaining for the Bills are on the defense.

It's true that Bledsoe needs to make a return to the form he had earlier in his career for the offence to put fear into the hearts of opponents, and the Patriots obviously were betting that he would not be able to make a comeback. You can't tell anything for certain on the basis of a couple mini camps, but so far everyone in Buffalo likes what they see.

Originally posted by phins054
If the Jets are so bad...then how come we don't beat them??? The Jets are going to be competitive...Do Not Dismiss them...Oh and by the way...They have been missing Cox's leadership for over a year...He one the SB with the Patriots last season and has signed on with the Aints this year:goof:

We should have...twice last year. We were/are the better team. Call it what you will, the players psyching themselves out, luck, whatever... fact is, the only people who think we shouldn't have beat them, at least once, are the Jets and thier fans.
I never dismiss the Jets...no matter how bad they are, and how good we are, they always give us fits. Just because we are better, doesn't mean they can't beat us. I stand corrected with Cox... :goof: I must have been locked in a time warp at the time...
They still will miss his leadership though ;)

should have

If and should are big words...

You should have beat us in 1998, 1999,2000,and 2001 but you did not...

We will see what happens in 2002... the Jets are not a pushover

but try telling that to a Phin Fan

See You on the 22nd of Sept...

and in the words of ESPN's Chris Berman "and that's why they play the games"

JETS JETS JETS JETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: should have

Originally posted by nyrican
If and should are big words...

You should have beat us in 1998, 1999,2000,and 2001 but you did not...

We will see what happens in 2002... the Jets are not a pushover

but try telling that to a Phin Fan

See You on the 22nd of Sept...

and in the words of ESPN's Chris Berman "and that's why they play the games"

JETS JETS JETS JETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
out of those four years how many yimes did the jets go to the playoffs. the fins went all four. seems like you can beat the fins but you can't seem to beat anybody else.

if that makes your season, go for it!

playoffs

it's got nothing to do with it being our season... fishfans just cant face the true facts,, can't touch us buddy boy!!!!

and about making the playoffs, that is the fishfans response all the time that the topic is discussed..

let me say this if i were a fish fan i wouldn't be pounding my chest about making the playoffs

man you guys get hammered all the time.. just guess how many points you have scored in your playoff games..
:rolleyes:

you can weep too.

I hear you, what a percentage...

now lets look at some numbers buddy boy...

in your defeats by the way which I enjoyed

1998- 38-3 Denver
1999 62-7 Jacksonville is still scoring
2000 27-0 da raydahs
2001 20-3 ravens

ouch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh let me end it like this DOWN BY 23 IN 4TH JETS STUN FISH IN OT...

JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: you can weep too.

Originally posted by nyrican
I hear you, what a percentage...

now lets look at some numbers buddy boy...

in your defeats by the way which I enjoyed

1998- 38-3 Denver
1999 62-7 Jacksonville is still scoring
2000 27-0 da raydahs
2001 20-3 ravens

ouch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh let me end it like this DOWN BY 23 IN 4TH JETS STUN FISH IN OT...

JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the fins have been to 5 superbowls, the jets, who have been around much longer, have been to one, 1, uno, I, count em 1, bwahahahahahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom