Which AFC East Team Wins The SB Next... And Why? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which AFC East Team Wins The SB Next... And Why?

I don't understand where all this Patriots will continue to roll this division for "years"...I'll give you some reasons why this could be the last year(s) of Patriots stranglehold atop the division...

Tedy Bruschi 34 yrs old
Roosevelt Colvin 30 yrs old
Kevin Faulk 31 yrs old
Rodney Harrison 35 yrs old
Artrell Hawkins 31 yrs old
Tory James 34 yrs old
Randy Moss 30 yrs old
Stephen Neal 31 yrs old
Chad Scott 33 yrs old
Junior Seau 38 yrs old
Adalius Thomas 30 yrs old
Mike Vrabel 32 yrs old

That's a ton of age. To expect those guys to continue to play at the level they've played at the last 5 yrs would be a pretty imposing task to complete. These New England Patriots remind me a lot of the New York Yankees. Following a tough loss (Patriots collapse to the Colts, Yankees loss to D-Backs game 7), they forgo the principle they used to build their franchise (build within from the draft, sign driven role players, or solid priced veteran leadership) and start a spending spree trying to go for that last run (Moss, Stallworth, Thomas, etc. for the Pats and Giambi, Sheffield, Kevin Brown, etc. for the Yankees). It changes the team chemistry concept and really puts the salary cap situation in a flux. Luckily, in football when you cut guys you might not have to pay for it as much as you do in baseball. Still, I don't see the Patriots winning the Super Bowl this year and I certainly don't see them standing atop the division for the next "several" years. The talent level in this division is becoming very good, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this division turn out like it did a decade ago where 3/4 teams compete for a chance at the playoffs.

To call the Jets and Dolphins "lesser teams" isn't all that correct either. While the Patriots, might look like the most dominant team on paper because of signings, I think we'll see this season that they aren't that better by such a wide and vast margin as you proclaim. I expect the Patriots to win the division this year, but I'm definitely not convinced they'll do it for years to come.

I don't understand where all this Patriots will continue to roll this division for "years"...I'll give you some reasons why this could be the last year(s) of Patriots stranglehold atop the division...

Tedy Bruschi 34 yrs old
Roosevelt Colvin 30 yrs old
Kevin Faulk 31 yrs old
Rodney Harrison 35 yrs old
Artrell Hawkins 31 yrs old
Tory James 34 yrs old
Randy Moss 30 yrs old
Stephen Neal 31 yrs old
Chad Scott 33 yrs old
Junior Seau 38 yrs old
Adalius Thomas 30 yrs old
Mike Vrabel 32 yrs old

That's a ton of age. To expect those guys to continue to play at the level they've played at the last 5 yrs would be a pretty imposing task to complete. These New England Patriots remind me a lot of the New York Yankees. Following a tough loss (Patriots collapse to the Colts, Yankees loss to D-Backs game 7), they forgo the principle they used to build their franchise (build within from the draft, sign driven role players, or solid priced veteran leadership) and start a spending spree trying to go for that last run (Moss, Stallworth, Thomas, etc. for the Pats and Giambi, Sheffield, Kevin Brown, etc. for the Yankees). It changes the team chemistry concept and really puts the salary cap situation in a flux. Luckily, in football when you cut guys you might not have to pay for it as much as you do in baseball. Still, I don't see the Patriots winning the Super Bowl this year and I certainly don't see them standing atop the division for the next "several" years. The talent level in this division is becoming very good, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this division turn out like it did a decade ago where 3/4 teams compete for a chance at the playoffs.

To call the Jets and Dolphins "lesser teams" isn't all that correct either. While the Patriots, might look like the most dominant team on paper because of signings, I think we'll see this season that they aren't that better by such a wide and vast margin as you proclaim. I expect the Patriots to win the division this year, but I'm definitely not convinced they'll do it for years to come.

And here is why they will continue to win
Tom Brady 29
Logan Mankins 25
Dan Koppen 27
Nick Kaczur 27
Ben Watson 26
Laurence Maroney 22
Chad Jackson 22
Richard Seymour 27
Vince Wilfork 25
Ty Warren 26
Eugene Wilson 27
Asante Samuel 26
Ellis Hobbs 24
Brandon Meriweather 23

Everyone but Jackson is a starter and only Asante Samuel's future with the team is in question. Of the players you named, 5 aren't even starters.

Tom Brady 29
Logan Mankins 25
Dan Koppen 27
Nick Kaczur 27
Ben Watson 26
Laurence Maroney 22
Chad Jackson 22
Richard Seymour 27
Vince Wilfork 25
Ty Warren 26
Eugene Wilson 27
Asante Samuel 26
Ellis Hobbs 24
Brandon Meriweather 23

Everyone but Jackson is a starter and only Asante Samuel's future with the team is in question. Of the players you named, 5 aren't even starters.
Once BB retires after this year who will hold the nucleus of the team together? FA will pick it apart in the next couple years.

Tom Brady 29
Logan Mankins 25
Dan Koppen 27
Nick Kaczur 27
Ben Watson 26
Laurence Maroney 22
Chad Jackson 22
Richard Seymour 27
Vince Wilfork 25
Ty Warren 26
Eugene Wilson 27
Asante Samuel 26
Ellis Hobbs 24
Brandon Meriweather 23

Merriweather isn't a starter yet. But, that is nit-picking. Other than Tom Brady and Dan Koppen, where are the leaders? For years, the picture of the Patriots has been Tedy Bruschi in the middle, or Rodney Harrison's fire, or Mike Vrabel's versatility and big plays, and of course Mr. Brady. That's a lot of turnover, especially with all your leaders aging. Again, it's just my opinion, but those things will hurt. I think it's a tall task to just say you all will react so easily to the change. Not to mention, when has a team ever been the head of a division for 10-12 yrs in this league? Doing something that's never been done before is an even taller task.

Merriweather isn't a starter yet. But, that is nit-picking. Other than Tom Brady and Dan Koppen, where are the leaders? For years, the picture of the Patriots has been Tedy Bruschi in the middle, or Rodney Harrison's fire, or Mike Vrabel's versatility and big plays, and of course Mr. Brady. That's a lot of turnover, especially with all your leaders aging. Again, it's just my opinion, but those things will hurt. I think it's a tall task to just say you all will react so easily to the change. Not to mention, when has a team ever been the head of a division for 10-12 yrs in this league? Doing something that's never been done before is an even taller task.

Vrabel's probably got a good 4 years left in him. Plus there's always time for someone else to step up and become a leader. I'd consider Richard Seymour a leader. You have to remember, Lawyer Milloy was considered a leader, as was Ty Law, Willie McGinest and Ted Johnson. I think they've done pretty well without those guys.

Not to mention, when has a team ever been the head of a division for 10-12 yrs in this league? Doing something that's never been done before is an even taller task.

Let's also keep in mind the Patriots plan to win their first Super Bowl was a five year plan. They completed it four years early. Which was why they won two more afterwards. I think they'll have a few more years left of domination and then it'll be over.

Let's also keep in mind the Patriots plan to win their first Super Bowl was a five year plan. They completed it four years early. Which was why they won two more afterwards. I think they'll have a few more years left of domination and then it'll be over.

They haven't been dominate the last 2 years.

You left out the part about "except for the three Superbowl wins in four years". I'd call that domination.:kick:

It's a 'what have you done for me lately' world man. It sucks but that's how it is. Live it up while you can, b/c it won't last forever

Well out of the teams that are not the Pats I would have to say Bills.

The hardest piece of the puzzle to find is the quarterback and Buffalo is farther ahead in this than either Miami or New York.

Both Miami and New York have talented prospects but they haven't done anything yet. JP Losman has been playing against NFL competition for 2 years going on 3. Add to that his rapid improvement last year in both poise and accuracy and Buffalo could well have the quarterback they have been looking for since Kelly.

Other pieces of the Buffalo offense:

Left Tackle: Jason Peters Would probably go top 3 if he were to re-enter the NFL draft. Absolute freak of nature that started out as tight end but is now playing left tackle. Could be a Pro-Bowler this year.

Left Guard: Derrick Dockery Massive road-grader that gives 100% every snap. Best guard Bills have had since Ruben Brown left. Next to Peters will give Buffalo scary left side. Has not peaked yet and why Bills made massive contract offer.

Wide Receiver: Lee Evans Could end up being best Bills receiver EVER. Already put up Pro-Bowl worthy effort last year could actually top that this year. Reminds some of a young Marvin Harrison or Torry Holt. Has not peaked yet.

Running back: Marshawn Lynch: Slightly behind A Peterson by Bills scouts only because of breakaway speed. In terms of versatility, shiftiness, and vision might outperform AP in NFL. Will add extra dimension to Bills offense. Poor man's Marshall Faulk.

Offensive Coordinator: Steve Fairchild

One of the most highly regarded up and coming coordinators in the NFL. Many believe he will be a head coach someday. Will bring Rams-esque feel to Buffalo with some power football mixed in.

In order to win a SuperBowl you need all your talent to peak at the same time. Obviously any of these players could regress or never realize their potential. But if they all improve and realize their talent at the same time...

Tom Brady 29
Logan Mankins 25
Dan Koppen 27
Nick Kaczur 27
Ben Watson 26
Laurence Maroney 22
Chad Jackson 22
Richard Seymour 27
Vince Wilfork 25
Ty Warren 26
Eugene Wilson 27
Asante Samuel 26
Ellis Hobbs 24
Brandon Meriweather 23

Now why did you have to go and ruin Phin fans hopes and Dreams :sidelol:.

Didn't ruin my hopes and dreams at all...I haven't seen a Super Bowl team from the AFC EAST the last two year and I don't plan on seeing one this year either.

So, tell me ,why aren't you watching football in 2007?

Well out of the teams that are not the Pats I would have to say Bills.

The hardest piece of the puzzle to find is the quarterback and Buffalo is farther ahead in this than either Miami or New York.

Both Miami and New York have talented prospects but they haven't done anything yet.

Well, if Pennington hasn't done anything yet, then Losman isn't even on the list. When healthy, and he has been of late, Penny is a very good QB, and is far from a "prospect."

Back
Top Bottom