Which AFC East Team Wins The SB Next... And Why? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which AFC East Team Wins The SB Next... And Why?

it's his job to WIN!

No, it's the team's job to win. Offense, defense, special teams. It's never one player's job.

Why is it when Chad plays we tend to win and when he doesn't we tend to lose? QBs are judged mainly on wins and Chad wins when he plays and the Jets lose when he doesn't.

Maybe the TEAM gets a boost? To my knowledge, Chad doesn't play on defense, cover kicks, and other things needed to win the game.

Another poster said "The hardest piece of the puzzle to find is the quarterback and Buffalo is farther ahead in this than either Miami or New York. " That's where Chad comes in.

Wasn't me...all I gave was a list of games in which Losman shows his upside, the upside in which was said seen absent. That's all. :)

No, it's the team's job to win. Offense, defense, special teams. It's never one player's job.

QBs are judged on wins especially when JP had a capable team around him. He didn't have 1984 Bills talent around him.

Maybe the TEAM gets a boost? To my knowledge, Chad doesn't play on defense, cover kicks, and other things needed to win the game.

maybe but why doesn't Buf get a boost when JP plays?

Wasn't me...all I gave was a list of games in which Losman shows his upside, the upside in which was said seen absent. That's all.

Sorry for the confusion.

QBs are judged on wins especially when JP had a capable team around him. He didn't have 1984 Bills talent around him.

True, but it wasn't exactly 1991 Bills talent either. :wink:

Thank goodness for the offensive line being addressed, and getting a TB who can catch.

maybe but why doesn't Buf get a boost when JP plays?

As opposed to?

Also, it's not like the team wasn't competitive against top teams. We were two points away from beating New England, 3 away from San Diego, and 1 away @ Indianapolis. The team was always ready to play.

Losman caught fire the second half of the season, and me, personally, I expect it to continue, with having the same coach, offensive coordinator, and set of WR's returning. More continuity, ya know?

So I guess the Dolphins didn't really need a QB to keep them out of the playoffs for 5 years eh?

BZ

Nope. Would it help to have Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? Of course. But, would you say Trent Dilfer deserves all the recognition for leading the Ravens to a SB win? Or what about David Garrard for leading the Jags to the playoffs 2 years ago, or how about Damon Huard and the Chiefs last year? Would you say that the reason those teams did what they did was mainly due to the QB play? Ya, it contributed, but it wasn't the sole or main reason. That Ravens defense had a lot to do to help it. Fred Taylor, the Jaguars defense, and a very weak schedule had a hand in their run. Larry Johnson and an improved defense, while making sure Huard wouldn't lose games allowed the Chiefs to be successful.

Every player is just as important as the next---that's the general idea of a team.

Nope. Would it help to have Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? Of course. But, would you say Trent Dilfer deserves all the recognition for leading the Ravens to a SB win? Or what about David Garrard for leading the Jags to the playoffs 2 years ago, or how about Damon Huard and the Chiefs last year? Would you say that the reason those teams did what they did was mainly due to the QB play? Ya, it contributed, but it wasn't the sole or main reason. That Ravens defense had a lot to do to help it. Fred Taylor, the Jaguars defense, and a very weak schedule had a hand in their run. Larry Johnson and an improved defense, while making sure Huard wouldn't lose games allowed the Chiefs to be successful.

Every player is just as important as the next---that's the general idea of a team.

Thanks for schooling me on teams.

Sure, if the rest of your team is top notch, you can carry another weaker link, but the Bills aren't good enough to carry JP and JP isn't good enough to carry the Bills.

BZ

Sure, if the rest of your team is top notch, you can carry another weaker link, but the Bills aren't good enough to carry JP and JP isn't good enough to carry the Bills.

BZ

I don't know know if that was meant to be sarcastic, but being a generally nice guy, I'll assume that you weren't.

I wasn't saying that it in particular to the Bills. I was saying it that I don't understand why some people lump the successess/failures of teams and directly tie them to QB play---it just isn't always the case.

BZ

But JP isnt bad enough to have to be carried by the bills and the rest of the team isnt bad enough to have to be carried by JP. Like the Jets, Pennington cant carry the team on his own and the rest of the team isnt carrying Pennington

But JP isnt bad enough to have to be carried by the bills and the rest of the team isnt bad enough to have to be carried by JP. Like the Jets, Pennington cant carry the team on his own and the rest of the team isnt carrying Pennington

I think the Jets are just a good "team". In every sense of the word, I think do all the things that characterize what team's are supposed to do. I don't think Chad is the greatest or even one of the best QBs---and that is tough because I loved watching him play at Marshall and wish he was a Dolphin---but his best quality is that Jets team generally believes when he is playing they can beat whomever. Isn't that really the type of guy you want leading your team?

I'd take him over McNabb, Bulger, Hasselbeck, and many other QB's that headline the "upper-echelon of QBs".

But unlike the Bills, the Jets have had winning seasons and been to the playoffs in the last 5 years.

BZ

But unlike the Bills, the Jets have had winning seasons and been to the playoffs in the last 5 years.

BZ

True, the Jets were the better team, had a better front office and better coaching. That translates into post season appearences.

At this point in time there isn't much seperating the Jets and Bills talent wise, in fact they are closer than you may want to admit. That includes coaching.

Oh Wait,:smackhead blasphemy, I forgot we are talking the Man-Genious here. Belichicks mini me.

Talk is cheap in July, lets get through a couple of preseason games at least before sounding off like you know whats in store for 07.

Talk is cheap in July, lets get through a couple of preseason games at least before sounding off like you know whats in store for 07.

Talk is pretty much all you do on a message board. Nobody knows whats in store for there team in the coming season, but we can speculate based on recent history. That being the case, the Jets seam like the most likely team to win the next SB from the AFC east barring the Pats.

I agree that we're not head and shoulders above anyone in the division talent wise, but coaching is what makes your talent shine. I think we have an advantage over the Phins and Bills in that department at this point.

The problem with Buffalo, Miami, and the NYJ is none of them have the big time QB to take them to the promised land. Of the three, the Jets probably have the best in Pennington, but thats not saying much.

To me, all three are stuck in limbo, not good enough to make a run and not bad enough to get a shot at the next great QB. Of course, if any of them get lucky and steal the next Tom Brady, they move to the head of the class.

I like what Buffalo is doing to be honest. If they move to LA or sell to an owner who will spend a ton of money to compete with Kraft, my money is on them..

The problem with Buffalo, Miami, and the NYJ is none of them have the big time QB to take them to the promised land. Of the three, the Jets probably have the best in Pennington, but thats not saying much.

To me, all three are stuck in limbo, not good enough to make a run and not bad enough to get a shot at the next great QB. Of course, if any of them get lucky and steal the next Tom Brady, they move to the head of the class.

I like what Buffalo is doing to be honest. If they move to LA or sell to an owner who will spend a ton of money to compete with Kraft, my money is on them.

I think Penny can take the Jets all the way provided he stays healthy. While he is no Peyton Manning (or Brady for that matter...), Penny has the skills to make that team win. They have stockpiled enough talent IMHO to win it all.

The hardest part for the Jets is our division. The Bills and Fins are improving as well, so in addition to the Pats, the Jets face a tough road ahead. They are our number one challenge at the moment. They played us tough.

Talk is pretty much all you do on a message board. Nobody knows whats in store for there team in the coming season, but we can speculate based on recent history. That being the case, the Jets seam like the most likely team to win the next SB from the AFC east barring the Pats.

I agree that we're not head and shoulders above anyone in the division talent wise, but coaching is what makes your talent shine. I think we have an advantage over the Phins and Bills in that department at this point.

All true Jets81. I come here to read the talk mostly. There is a good representation of the division on this site and usually good posts. But pretty well all I have read on the national media about the Bills looks like they may have done their research from old press clippings from 05 & 06. Then again we all know our own teams better than rivals, that includes most news hacks.

Yeah, coaching is what brings out the talent, uses it correctly and makes it shine. Your right there. I just happen to think that the Bills coaching is flying under the radar too. (like most everything else about the 07 team).

Thats not to take anything away from Mangenius, or whatever the local pet name is for him. He has earned his rookie year bragging rights.

Back
Top Bottom