Which fan are you? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which fan are you?

I don't feel like I fit into any of the other categories. I'm not an Eeyore. I really just kind of see it for how it actually is. You watch something fail enough times in enough ways, you start to get a healthy understanding of how not to win in this league.
I agree. Judging only by my mostly negative posts, you'd think that I'm an Eeyore. However, that's not exactly true, as my category would be "someone who puts the team above individual players, coaches, or GMs, and just because someone wears the aqua and orange or works for the team, that does not mean that I must root for them if their conduct or performance is detrimental to the team's overall success".

For example, many here loved Landry, but I hated him and was glad to see him go. On one hand, yes, he set a rookie record for most receptions over his first few seasons and picked up a lot of first downs. On the other hand, all of those catches didn't equate to a record setting number of yards because Philbin ran his pathetic short pass-based dink and dunk offense through Landry. And, Landry was a show-off Diva who at the time was competing with his friend OBJ for highlights; if OBJ made a one-handed catch on Sunday, then the odds were that Landry would attempt one too, even though missing it could hurt the team. Also, Landry could not control himself and was consistently flagged for taunting and dumb stuff. Many saw him as a star, but I saw him as bad for the team, and wanting him gone was for the good of the team.

More recently, there are many here who attack anyone who has anything negative to say about the team, as if everyone on the team is perfect. For example, when Williams got hurt, the powers that be decided that they would put their worst o-lineman at Center. Now, let's look at this logically... the Center is an important position, yet Grier and McDaniel went into the season with NO actual Center on the active roster in case something happened to Williams. This was a completely idiotic decision that they made, yet many here think that they're doing a great job. Pointing out something that is terribly wrong does not make me a troll or someone who hates the team, it means that I want the best for the team that I love, and if that means that I need to say that someone should be replaced, then so be it. Go Fins!

1. Actual Trolls: fans of other teams who just CLAIM to be Finfans.

2. Eeyores: poor schlubs who just relentlessly focus on the negative.

3. Fanboys: Everything the Dolphins do is Godlike. ALL those UDFAs will be stars!!!

4. Analysts: Typicaly dry and boring individuals, but they post lots of data for our consumption.

5. Comedians: Yeah... Circumstances happen.

6. Mods: Why the **** did I take this job?

7. Gamblers/Gamers: What's the spread, bro?

8. Game Day Hyenas: OMG OMG OMG... we only got two yards on that play. Fire Grier, Fire McD, trade everyone IMMEDIATELY!!

9: Aspiring GM/ Draft Junkie

10. Reporter

Who did I forget? I'll edit as needed.
Part 4, 5 & 9

3. Fanboys: Everything the Dolphins do is Godlike. ALL those UDFAs will be stars!!!

4. Analysts: Typicaly dry and boring individuals, but they post lots of data for our consumption.

8. Game Day Hyenas: OMG OMG OMG... we only got two yards on that play. Fire Grier, Fire McD, trade everyone IMMEDIATELY!!

10. Reporter

You forgot the scarred for life Dolphins fan ... The ones that are cautiously optimistic because of decades of abuse, but still come back for more. Maybe we are gluttons for punishment? Last two years has been refreshing though.

10. Reporter

I’m a 9 with a heavy dose of 5.

Back
Top Bottom