Which fan are you? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which fan are you?

I would put myself at 4.5 plus 9, so 13 and a half.

Minus the "dry and boring".

Put me in the middle of the Kimberly Desert in Australia reading from a kitchen appliance manual and I would not be "dry and boring". :DUH:

Analyst and gambler I'd say... although I don't bet on sports, I view pretty much every strategy games through the lens of expected value, which stems from my poker playing days...

The jump from 3. Fanboy to 4. Analyst needs a step in between or perhaps two.

3.5a Finfan Optimist (watches to the bitter end expecting a comeback late in the 4th)

3.5b Finfan Pessimist (After the first pass of the game on offense is incomplete, they declare game over)

I'm more of the optimistic type when it comes to the Fins, but we have plenty of Pessimists on here who should also be recognized
I feel like we always have one 3.5b in my watch group. It's usually always the same person but I'd be lying, if I said I've never done it.

1. Actual Trolls: fans of other teams who just CLAIM to be Finfans.

2. Eeyores: poor schlubs who just relentlessly focus on the negative.

3. Fanboys: Everything the Dolphins do is Godlike. ALL those UDFAs will be stars!!!

4. Analysts: Typicaly dry and boring individuals, but they post lots of data for our consumption.

5. Comedians: Yeah... Circumstances happen.

6. Mods: Why the **** did I take this job?

7. Gamblers/Gamers: What's the spread, bro?

8. Game Day Hyenas: OMG OMG OMG... we only got two yards on that play. Fire Grier, Fire McD, trade everyone IMMEDIATELY!!

9: Aspiring GM/ Draft Junkie

10. Reporter

Who did I forget? I'll edit as needed.
11. Life long fan. Continues to absorb pain.

Analyst and gambler I'd say... although I don't bet on sports, I view pretty much every strategy games through the lens of expected value, which stems from my poker playing days...
Just Gambler.
It would cover more fans.

69 cuz every year we gonna turn it around!

& I'll keep believing till I'm burned or buried.

1716669551679.gif

I get that considering we haven't won anything since I was ..11 years old but if your expectations are so low whats the point of even caring?

I get that and I'm not that way. I just get annoyed when fans say crap like "moral victory" after a tough loss in a big game. And I get annoyed when so many say things like "it was still a successful season....". Im realistic with my expectations. I have higher expectations now because of the talent on this roster. Back when we traded minkah and Tunsil it was obvious what we were doing and i didnt expect to win every game but i still watched them and wanted them to win but i just didnt get mad when they loss like i do now. I think so many young fans are used to seeing 8-8 or 7-9 or less records over the years they have come accustomed to that as the "standard".

I get that and I'm not that way. I just get annoyed when fans say crap like "moral victory" after a tough loss in a big game. And I get annoyed when so many say things like "it was still a successful season....". Im realistic with my expectations. I have higher expectations now because of the talent on this roster. Back when we traded minkah and Tunsil it was obvious what we were doing and i didnt expect to win every game but i still watched them and wanted them to win but i just didnt get mad when they loss like i do now. I think so many young fans are used to seeing 8-8 or 7-9 or less records over the years they have come accustomed to that as the "standard".
I agree and totally understand .

1. Actual Trolls: fans of other teams who just CLAIM to be Finfans.

2. Eeyores: poor schlubs who just relentlessly focus on the negative.

3. Fanboys: Everything the Dolphins do is Godlike. ALL those UDFAs will be stars!!!

4. Analysts: Typicaly dry and boring individuals, but they post lots of data for our consumption.

5. Comedians: Yeah... Circumstances happen.

6. Mods: Why the **** did I take this job?

7. Gamblers/Gamers: What's the spread, bro?

8. Game Day Hyenas: OMG OMG OMG... we only got two yards on that play. Fire Grier, Fire McD, trade everyone IMMEDIATELY!!

9: Aspiring GM/ Draft Junkie

10. Reporter

Who did I forget? I'll edit as needed.
I am a 10. Reporter, who cannot stand 1’s, 2’s, 3’s and 8’s. Lol

I'm in the 4 - 9 club, that has a decent amount of us. Flashes of 5, but not so much on the main board. F A R from 1 in that not only are the Phins by far my favorite NFL team, but none of my favorites in any other sport or college football comes even remotely close to my Dolphins fandom.

I'm in the 4 - 9 club, that has a decent amount of us. Flashes of 5, but not so much on the main board. F A R from 1 in that not only are the Phins by far my favorite NFL team, but none of my favorites in any other sport or college football comes even remotely close to my Dolphins fandom.
Point me to this Flashes of 5...I may have missed it. 😂

Back
Top Bottom