Which Free Agent Signing Will Outshine... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Free Agent Signing Will Outshine...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
...in McDaniel's style of football?

Terror Armstead, OT
Raheem Mostert, RB
Cedrick Wilson, WR
Chase Edmonds, RB
Emmamuel Ogbah, DE
Connor Williams, G
Preston Williams, WR
Duke Riley, LB
Elandon Roberts, LB
Keion Crossen, CB
Durham Smythe, TE
Alec Ingold, FB
Brennan Scarlett, LB
Trent Sherfield, WR

My vote is on Armstead and Edmonds.
You?

Last edited:
I am going to go dark hose here with Ingold and Wilson. I think Alec will add a element of toughness to the running game. Cedric had a shot at being a stud due to Hill and Waddle and the coverage they will command, plus you have Gesicki and the RB's on the inside so Wilson should be setup perfectly to succeed.

Best case scenario is Armstead. We NEED him to play at an elite level.

Sadly I don't have much faith in Edmonds or Mostert.

IMO Armstead and Mostert are the most picture perfect fits for McDaniel's system. But most fans won't notice 80% of what Armstead brings so I'm not sure they'll recognize him "shining". Mostert will be noticed if he stays healthy.

Next tier for me is Williams and Edmonds. Again, most fans won't notice most of what Williams does unless he's getting penalized. Edmonds will almost certainly have his flash plays and is incredibly efficient as a 3rd down back. I expect he'll have a great average and people will clamor for him tho be the lead back, but I'm not sure that's his best use.

I should also include the FBs here (Lovett wasn't included in the OP's list). Everybody loves seeing that key block. And both guys are versatile enough to provide some of those key plays in the season like Juszczyk does and he's obviously a fan favorite.

The guy who will probably be a disappointment to many fans is Hill. If you watch the KC game against Buffalo where Hill had a great game 11 catches, 150 yards and a TD I believe every pass he caught was 20 yards or less in the air. If he did the same here in Miami, people who don't watch more than highlights will believe that it was Tua's fault. And potentially those 11 catches and 150 might be split between Hill and Waddle. I wouldn't be disappointed b/c that was a win in an important game, but the usual complainers will, of course, complain.

I am going to go dark hose here with Ingold and Wilson. I think Alec will add a element of toughness to the running game. Cedric had a shot at being a stud due to Hill and Waddle and the coverage they will command, plus you have Gesicki and the RB's on the inside so Wilson should be setup perfectly to succeed.

Not too dark; I was thinking the same thing.

The exact two guys I was going to say.

Trent Sherfield actually has a chance to surprise. Seems an odd choice since he's battling for a roster spot, but I think he's currently the 4th receiver. Just throwing that one out there as I think he has some intriguing upside.

I can't wait to see how McDaniel uses Gesicki. Are there enough footballs to go around?

I really think Cedric Wilson who was injured a good amount of time, will really shine.He catches everything and his QB experience will be lethal with this offense.

Cedric Wilson.

Think he should thrive with all of the attention on the perimeter.

TA if he stays healthy will be the biggest impact though.

I think basically we WILL run the football because Mike McD will scheme it into existence. And by doing so, we will be miles ahead in winning on the road, especially late in the year. We will run an offense tailored to what our guys can do well. Efficient offense, chunk yardage, and good defense. All parts humming in synch.

...in McDaniel's style of football?

Terror Armstead, OT
Raheem Mostert, RB
Cedrick Wilson, WR
Chase Edmonds, RB
Emmamuel Ogbah, DE
Connor Williams, G
Preston Williams, WR
Duke Riley, LB
Elandon Roberts, LB
Keion Crossen, CB
Durham Smythe, TE
Alec Ingold, FB
Brennan Scarlett, LB
Trent Sherfield, WR

My vote is on Armstead and Edmonds.
You?
From what I've learned of Mcdaniels' offense - all of them.
That is why they were selected - LOL

I think a ton of people are underrating Cedric Wilson and the opportunities he’s going to get in this offense. He really came on in every opportunity he got in a crowded WR room (injuries) in Dallas last year. He’s a guy that made plays deep on the boundary, in the slot, and had some big yac plays. He has a QB background, and put that on display in Dallas as well. There’s a lot that McDaniel can do with him, and the defense is going to be zeroed in on Hill, Waddle, and Gesicki.

Back
Top Bottom