Which Free Agent Signing Will Outshine... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Free Agent Signing Will Outshine...

several good Candidates mention already......I'm hoping Armstead and Williams play great and of course Edmonds and Wilson should be able to make some plays for us but at the end of the day I'm just hoping Tua has a great year with Mike.

IMO Armstead and Mostert are the most picture perfect fits for McDaniel's system. But most fans won't notice 80% of what Armstead brings so I'm not sure they'll recognize him "shining". Mostert will be noticed if he stays healthy.

Next tier for me is Williams and Edmonds. Again, most fans won't notice most of what Williams does unless he's getting penalized. Edmonds will almost certainly have his flash plays and is incredibly efficient as a 3rd down back. I expect he'll have a great average and people will clamor for him tho be the lead back, but I'm not sure that's his best use.

I should also include the FBs here (Lovett wasn't included in the OP's list). Everybody loves seeing that key block. And both guys are versatile enough to provide some of those key plays in the season like Juszczyk does and he's obviously a fan favorite.

The guy who will probably be a disappointment to many fans is Hill. If you watch the KC game against Buffalo where Hill had a great game 11 catches, 150 yards and a TD I believe every pass he caught was 20 yards or less in the air. If he did the same here in Miami, people who don't watch more than highlights will believe that it was Tua's fault. And potentially those 11 catches and 150 might be split between Hill and Waddle. I wouldn't be disappointed b/c that was a win in an important game, but the usual complainers will, of course, complain.

Armstead alone could be the biggest addition we've had in years if he can stay healthy and play as he has in the past. I also expect Ingold to play well. Williams could be amazing at LG given we have had immediate pressure from, the interior defense from our LG spot. Having a reasonable player there could be huge.

I still find it odd that we were so high and quick to sign Chase Edmonds, he was literally one of the first free agents signed. In his 3 or 4 years in Arizona he was never the guy and was really inconsistent, just seems odd that we prioritize a receiving RB who has just been meh so far in his NFL career.

Back
Top Bottom