Which Free Agent Signing Will Outshine... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Free Agent Signing Will Outshine...

I think a ton of people are underrating Cedric Wilson and the opportunities he’s going to get in this offense. He really came on in every opportunity he got in a crowded WR room (injuries) in Dallas last year. He’s a guy that made plays deep on the boundary, in the slot, and had some big yac plays. He has a QB background, and put that on display in Dallas as well. There’s a lot that McDaniel can do with him, and the defense is going to be zeroed in on Hill, Waddle, and Gesicki.
"Hit it where they ain't" - Ty Cobb

Good for baseball and good for football.

My money would be on Chase Edmonds. Wouldn't surprise to see a 200 carry, 1000 yard season. Caveat being if we draft at RB he may not get the workload to hit those numbers.

As for the most value I'm going more left field and saying Durham Smyth. Has the versatility and style to thrive in this system both as a catcher and blocker.

Williams and Wilson.

C. Williams will surprise us on how good he is and Williams will (as already mentioned) benefit form never being double covered. And he's a damn good player!

I'm going to vote for Edmonds, but only because this is an expectations game. We EXPECT Armstead and Hill to be excellent, so that won't surprise. Meanwhile, Edmonds has the ability to be our 1A back if the offense has improved. He'll be able to take what is there, and add a little to that, and he'll do it for a cheap price, and in an area where we were desperate for improvement.

I believe that he'll receive the larger share of the carries, unless we draft a rookie who shines right out of the gate... and I really don't see this happening with our league low of draft picks and bigger needs.

Chase Edmonds... over 1000 yards.

Sadly, you failed to provide a reason WHY?

Because neither have shown they can be productive over the long hall as anything other than a part time player.

I know bellcow backs are going the way of the dinosaur in the NFL and teams love RB by committee, but I prefer a sturdy every down RB that can get some momentum going and take over a game and carry the team on their back. We don't have any RB's like that on our roster right now.

Connor Williams - cuts down on the penalties and is a stud

Cedrick Wilson - with Hill, Waddle and Mike G getting all the attention from opposing defenses I think Wilson makes some huge plays this year. Love his versatility

How quickly we forget who we are. Every single season I have a 100 new reasons to believe THIS SEASON WILL BE DIFFERENT !!! Then by the end of the season I am out hunting a new TV with an indestructible remote, and out buying a new cat toy for kicking him across the room a few times. But not this year, this year I refuse to get my hopes up. This year I am expecting 0-17. And to honor my new philosophical approach, my pick for best FA to outshine them all has to be Thomas Morstead. By midseason I expect to be punting on 1st down so that we don't turn it over. I think Thomas may set an NFL record for most punts in a single season.
"Morstead for Player of the Year" !!!!

I know bellcow backs are going the way of the dinosaur in the NFL and teams love RB by committee, but I prefer a sturdy every down RB that can get some momentum going and take over a game and carry the team on their back. We don't have any RB's like that on our roster right now.

The first half of your sentence explained why the second half isn't going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom