Which player is the key to the Dolphin's season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which player is the key to the Dolphin's season?

Kistner10

Starter
Reaction score
Which player do you think is the key to Dolphins advancing far into the playoffs this year?? My pick is Wade Smith. If he has a solid season than that will give Ricky more room to run. If Ricky ends up with a big season it wont matter who our QB is. Who's your pick??

I think it will be our play at QB. If we get even just above average QB play, we have the potential to do very well, with Ricky and our receivers (assuming our D plays like it has the last two seasons). I don't think Fiedler has the potential to play much better than he has, so I would have to say AJ is the key to whether we do very well or just well -which would be about the same as the last two seasons

the key to us advancing is David Boston. his presence will draw double coverage away from Chambers. it will keep 8 men in the box away from Ricky. it will allow McMichael to get open in the middle. Boston will also draw the best covering corner because of his skills. Chambers will benefit greatly from this. the play action are going to be awsome because if they drop 8 to catch Ricky Boston or Chambers are going to be open all day long.but if they dont drop 8 Ricky is going to be running allover the place wich will prompt more d-backs and safety's to keep a close eye on him , wich like i said a play action will leave Boston open or Chambers open. and for all you Bills, Jets , and PAt fans who say whos going to throw them the ball....with this offense Jay Fiedler or AJ Feeley are going to look like probowlers.meanwhile Ty Law, Troy Vincent, and who do the Jets have thats a good corner....:roflmao::roflmao:. nobody i think. anyhow these corners are going to hate playing the dolphins.

true5.0 said:
the key to us advancing is David Boston. his presence will draw double coverage away from Chambers. it will keep 8 men in the box away from Ricky. it will allow McMichael to get open in the middle. Boston will also draw the best covering corner because of his skills. Chambers will benefit greatly from this. the play action are going to be awsome because if they drop 8 to catch Ricky Boston or Chambers are going to be open all day long.but if they dont drop 8 Ricky is going to be running allover the place wich will prompt more d-backs and safety's to keep a close eye on him , wich like i said a play action will leave Boston open or Chambers open. and for all you Bills, Jets , and PAt fans who say whos going to throw them the ball....with this offense Jay Fiedler or AJ Feeley are going to look like probowlers.meanwhile Ty Law, Troy Vincent, and who do the Jets have thats a good corner....:roflmao::roflmao:. nobody i think. anyhow these corners are going to hate playing the dolphins.
great post agree 100% :D

I think it will be AJ Feeley. I believe AJ is going to start by the way:D . Anyways, i just look at it like our one weakness other then O-Line is QB. If AJ does good, then our O-Line will have to hold there blocks alot less time(i assume tht getting the ball of quickly will b part of being good). this should give wut seems to be a promising O-Line a much needed chance to gel and become a solid unit. This will also take pressure off Ricky of course.

Kistner10 said:
Which player do you think is the key to Dolphins advancing far into the playoffs this year?? My pick is Wade Smith. If he has a solid season than that will give Ricky more room to run. If Ricky ends up with a big season it wont matter who our QB is. Who's your pick??

Sure, I mean, if Ricky runs for say, 1853 yds? Then no way we don't make the playoffs, right? No matter who the QB is? :rolleyes:

Feeley is the key to this season. Getting teams to fear the deep pass -or just our passing game at all, is key to getting Ricky running room.

Of course that becomes easier if Boston shows up, and the new OL performs at least average. Being a team sport, many parts have to work together to be successful. If you insist on naming one player, then the QB has to be it.

Finfan80 said:
I think it will be our play at QB. If we get even just above average QB play, we have the potential to do very well, with Ricky and our receivers (assuming our D plays like it has the last two seasons). I don't think Fiedler has the potential to play much better than he has, so I would have to say AJ is the key to whether we do very well or just well -which would be about the same as the last two seasons

I agree. Whoever starts, I don't care at this point, looks like it will be Jay. But whoever starts needs to play decent. They don't have to do anything amazing. Just run the offense well. If that happens, we will make it at least into the playoffs.

It is defenitely AJ Feeley/Fiedler. Fiedler will start the season and Feeley will slip in come midseason once the fiedler hangnail arives. I would also have to say that david boston is very key becuase he will open the offense so much for RW. But you cant dispell the OL at all. It takes eleven guys to make it happen week in and week out. I would throw in Carey since he is a rook playing an important spot that means changes if he doesnt stick well at RT.

But in the end Feeley is it IMO becuase i think our offense is going to be doing some new stuff at the line of scrimmage (audibilize) and the qb has to make it all work with communication and talent. i beleive we will see some two and three step drops and fire.

I think it will be the QB. As long as Wany is the coach, Fiedler is going to start. I wish Feeley would get a fair shot at the starting job. Sage for that matter.

Wanny and the coaching staff. They will decide who plays QB - we need that position to grade out a B average at least.

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
Sure, I mean, if Ricky runs for say, 1853 yds? Then no way we don't make the playoffs, right? No matter who the QB is? :rolleyes:
:cry: dont remind me. Good rebutle tho:goof: .

Back
Top Bottom