Which player is the key to the Dolphin's season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which player is the key to the Dolphin's season?

Feeley will be the starter week One IF he can learn and be comfortable with the offense. Feeley is just too much better and more promising than Fiedler not to be the starter.

That being said it will be Feeleys' play at QB and the David Boston Aquisition, which will impose brutal mismatches for opposing Ds, will make them the keys for the Dolphin Season success. Moreover everything around us has to fall into place as well because through the course of the season something we would have never thought of now may come up and bite us in the ***. In other words LUCK could be our biggest contributor for 2004.

If Fiedler does indeed start Week One then the key to the Season will be our Defense because Fiedler isn't taking us anywhere with his arm.

Jeno/D-Mac(healthy)/VCarey/WSmith and a 4.5 yard/carry for RW wont hurt either.

i was so mad last year when the dolphins did not go after Boston. with this guy on the field their is going to be less blitzing too.an easy dump off with one less guy on defense covering deep can become an easy touchdown because they will need atleast 2 guys to tackle Boston.im pumped because of him in our offense.imagine if we didnt acquire him how boring of a season we would be looking forward too.

Finfan80 said:
I think it will be our play at QB. If we get even just above average QB play, we have the potential to do very well, with Ricky and our receivers (assuming our D plays like it has the last two seasons). I don't think Fiedler has the potential to play much better than he has, so I would have to say AJ is the key to whether we do very well or just well -which would be about the same as the last two seasons

I AGREE 100%.

the last two years, he was 77.5% and 75.9%
the two years before that he was, 90.3% and 90.5%

i wouldnt mind seeing olindo mare getting over his 2 year case of the hiccups

but the KEY would be the QB
and the LOCK would be this very lucky schedule we have

The key player is David Boston. If he's back to his 2001 form, it won't matter who's getting him the ball; he'll make plays. What's more, anything that keeps Ricky from facing 8 man fronts will free up the whole offense. But if Boston goes back to being a marginally productive head case, he's no help to us.

100% without a doubt, A.J. Feeley. If he starts and plays well we will make the playoffs. If Feidler starts...................

The entire starting O-line is the Key player this year. Yes some of the new individual talent like Boston will help, but the O-line is the Key!

Truth of the matter

The real deal is this:

Next seasonn really relies on the defensive unit as a whole.
Look at the important games last season when Miami's offense unfortunately relied way too much on the defense in the 4th quarter. (Patriots game that we lost in OT) for example.

Miami's offense has so much potetial this year yes, however defense wins games. A team that can't score can't win. Our offense can only do so much as well as the defense.......HOWEVER it takes a defensive front to close the games out.

I say the O-line is the key to our season. The AFC East is stacked with good defensive football teams and we have to protect the QB and run block light years better than we did in 2003. If this revamped O-line clicks everything else will fall into place.

so you guys who think the o-line is key donot agree with me when i say that Boston will take some pressure of them because no team is going to be dumb enough to blitz alot. he will eat them for lunch if they do.also dont forget is going to be 7 in the box not 8 anymore.i still stick with Boston being the key.if he wasent around youll would be seeing 8 in the box, more blitz packages, because d-backs and safeties will have no respect for the wr other than chambers.so they will be attacking the line more. dont you guys agree?

This will probably change before the end of training camp, but right now I'd say the key is Greg Jermain. It seemed last year that right guard was playing el Toro to opposing tackles. Poor Rickys first step after taking a handoff to the right side was a juke to keep from getting submarined. Fielder was having to bail on seven step drops from pressure from that spot.

I feel the right tackle/guard combo is going to be the real key for this offense. If whoever ends up as the starters start the season at least average, and improve as the season goes on, then I can forsee a 4 touchdown a game offense.

If our offense can put up 4 touchdowns a game, then this time next year we'll be talking about repeating.

The O-line allows the QB the time to get the ball down the field to Boston. Yes he will help keep that extra man out of the box if the QB has time to get the ball down the field.

true 5.0 sure Boston will help, but I believe Boston is the Gravy while the oline is the meat.

Bottle Nose said:
This will probably change before the end of training camp, but right now I'd say the key is Greg Jermain. It seemed last year that right guard was playing el Toro to opposing tackles. Poor Rickys first step after taking a handoff to the right side was a juke to keep from getting submarined. Fielder was having to bail on seven step drops from pressure from that spot.

So, wouldn't the RG have been playing the matador, and not the bull? ;)

They key is player to our season is Olindo Mare. You can't miss game winning field goals and especially 2 in one game granted 1 was blocked. He makes one of them we go 11-5 and are in the playoff's.

I don't expect our offense to be scoring points at will. Some games we will not score much and are going to have to rely on the kicker i.e the ravens game. So Olindo needs to step up his game.

Back
Top Bottom