Which QB gives us the best shot to go places? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which QB gives us the best shot to go places?

Which QB can take us to the promise land in 2004?

• Kurt Warner FA - STL

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Mark Brunell FA - JAX

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Phillip Rivers - NC State

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Eli Manning - Ole Miss

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Ben Rothlesberger - Miami(O)

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.8%

• Total voters
Where's the "none of the above" choice?? I don't see much of for any of those QBs helping us go all the way in 2004.

I voted for Ben Rothlesberger in this poll, but there is a guy that nearly no one hears about, but who is a very fine quarterback and I am convinced could make it big in the NFL. Ryan Dinwiddie from the Boise State Broncos. He has good feet and a quick release, good presence and maturity on the field and is a dead on accurate passer. He is not a great runner but he is hard to get a hand on (fair is fair, he plays behind a very good O-line). He has gaudy stats on one of the best offenses in 1-A. He has grown huge this season as a QB and as a person. I am convinced he can be the next Marc Bulger (spelling?) if some team gives him a chance. I would love to see Miami be that team!

If we're talking about going places in 2004 and 2005, Brunell is the man.

If we're talking about going places long term, I like the price tag/risk/reward potential of Rivers. I would be content with picking him if the Dolphins end up with two first rounders so long as the other first rounder gets used to trade down and pick up a WR and a G in the second round. I could live with a line that includes only a rookie G and a free agent G if the new coach thinks Wade Smith will be a decent LT by next season and is sold on McKinney...

Originally posted by Idaphin
I voted for Ben Rothlesberger in this poll, but there is a guy that nearly no one hears about, but who is a very fine quarterback and I am convinced could make it big in the NFL. Ryan Dinwiddie from the Boise State Broncos. He has good feet and a quick release, good presence and maturity on the field and is a dead on accurate passer. He is not a great runner but he is hard to get a hand on (fair is fair, he plays behind a very good O-line). He has gaudy stats on one of the best offenses in 1-A. He has grown huge this season as a QB and as a person. I am convinced he can be the next Marc Bulger (spelling?) if some team gives him a chance. I would love to see Miami be that team!

Dude I LOVE DINWIDDIE. I've been watching that kid for years. He has phenomenal touch, while not having big arm of Roethlisberger, he's no worse then Pennington in that department. I've been pimping Ryan all year, and can only pray we draft him. Highest rated QB EVER in college football. And he actually got better in 2003, after losing 8 starters on his offense from 2002.

I voted for Manning (even though I am not really thinking about 2004 but past that), however, I think it is very unrealistic to think that we could get Manning or Roethlisberger. I would love to have either, but I just don't see us getting a pick high enough, even if we get rid of Ogunleye and trade up.

I don't think any of those guys will help us in 2004.

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
Vote everyone

Peyton Manning, FA !! ;) :lol:

Let's see, Fiedler, Griese, madison counts for about 22 mil. Think the Colts would just trade him for these 3?? Oh that's right, he's a fA. Just cut those 3 and sign Peyton for the 22 mil and I'd bet he'd even pay marvin out of his own pocket to come along with him !! :D

I actually think we have the answer on the team..He's Rosenfel...I think he needs a chance..I actually think this a brady waiting to happen...I've said this from the start of the season and I still think that way.

I agree with Jimmy here. But only conditionally.

I think he's right on the money, we trade our low pick down for a 2nd and 3rd rounder, plus we'll pick up a first and third round tender, and we'll have a nice draft. By trading our low one, Rivers SHOULD be in range. I think his stock will fall a little at the combine with his mechanics, so that'd help out. Then pick up a WR, and work on the O-line with remaining pick.s

HOWEVER. What I truely WANT is, for us to trade both those top picks, to move high enough to take Eli or Roth. Won't happen, but one can dream.

And I want to know what basis you have for saying ELi won't be as good? I'm not arguing..well kind of, I just want to know if you have any reason, other than gut instinct to back it up? Eli has the better arm and mechanics, while Payton is a film guru. I think Eli can be big.

How about Tom Brady....OOOOOOOOOOOO that's right, he plays for the PATS!

If the Fins do lose to the Bills this week and are out of the playoffs, they should start Sage at QB for the Jets game. I'd just like to see how he plays for a whole game. I can't recall, has he even been in a game this year.

Originally posted by ajdoggie
If the Fins do lose to the Bills this week and are out of the playoffs, they should start Sage at QB for the Jets game. I'd just like to see how he plays for a whole game. I can't recall, has he even been in a game this year.

Sage played at the end of the Titans game since we were getting blown out. He threw a touchdown pass in the last minutes to prevent a shutout.

Back
Top Bottom