Which Qb will dominate the AFC East? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Qb will dominate the AFC East?

nyjunc said:
Quick, w/o looking it up how many wins did daunte lead Minnesota to?

So the guy had 1 good year w/o Moss, moss was still in every game except 3 or 4 and was still the main threat and opened things up for every one else. tell me how he did w/o Moss last year?

Quick tell me how many times one man has won a superbowl on his own with no defense, and no running game

and

Quick tell me how Moss did last year without Daunte

Alex22 said:
Quick tell me how many times one man has won a superbowl on his own with no defense, and no running game

and

Quick tell me how Moss did last year without Daunte

Daunte had a GREAT running game in minnesota and daunte always made his D's lookk worse than they were by a)turning it over and b)not delivering in big games and putting too much pressure on his D.

nyjunc said:
Daunte had a GREAT running game in minnesota and daunte always made his D's lookk worse than they were by a)turning it over and b)not delivering in big games and putting too much pressure on his D.

Michael Bennet? :lol:

Robert Smith <-- great player but retired

So who was carrying this amazing running game?

That defense was terrible, they were the Colts of the NFC, all offense, but all that offense came from Daunte and Moss

Not as good as the colts, but same philosophy, score more than the other team and forget the defense

Alex22 said:
Michael Bennet? :lol:

Robert Smith <-- great player but retired

So who was carrying this amazing running game?

That defense was terrible, they were the Colts of the NFC, all offense, but all that offense came from Daunte and Moss

Not as good as the colts, but same philosophy, score more than the other team and forget the defense

I put this together in another argument. Please read it and tell me what you think:

below is a breakdown of the Vikes RBs since '00(notice the YPC):

2000: Robert Smith 295 rushes, 1521 yds, 5.2 YPC, 7 TDs

2001: Only year w/o a good ground game. bennett had 172 carries for 682 yds but did have a respectable 4.0 YPC so they could run it they just chose not to.

2002: Bennett- 255 carries, 1296 yds, 5.1 YPC, 5 TDs and Moe williams added another 414 yds on 4.9 YPC w/ 11 TDs- this looks like a good running game to me, doesn't it?
Totals: 339 carries, 1710 yds, 5 YPC, 16 TDs

2003: bennett 90, 447 yds, 5 YPC, 1 TD
Smith- 107, 579 yds, 5.4 YPC, 5 TD
174, 745 yds, 4.3 YPC, 5 TDs
Totals: 371 carries, 1771 yds, 4.7 YPC, 11 TDs
This wasn't a good ground game?

2004: Bennett- 70, 276 yds, 3.9, 1 TD
Moore- 65, 379, 5.8
Smith- 124, 544, 4.4, 2 TDs
Moore- 30, 161, 5.4, 3 Tds
Totals: 289 carries, 1360 yds, 4.7 YPC, 6 TDs
Ground game a little down b/c they threw more.

Tell me how many teams have ahd better running games than he has?

Justasportsfan said:
at least we're not being homers about it. :D

Sorry, we're a little excited about getting a THREE time probowler at qb.

:rolleyes: We're all homers. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Compairing him to Brady is silly, but hating on pepper is even more silly.

nyjunc said:
I put this together in another argument. Please read it and tell me what you think:

Tell me how many teams have ahd better running games than he has?

Just because you get the yards doesnt mean your a great running team, its when/how you get them

They could never controll a game on the ground, thats just fact

definately daunte. brady is a very good qb on a great team, which makes him look better than he is. Daunte is a phenominal qb wo can make any throw, any play imaginable on the field. stronger arm, faster, bigger, stronger,more accurate, higher pass percentage, has put up much bigger numbers

Alex22 said:
Just because you get the yards doesnt mean your a great running team, its when/how you get them

They could never controll a game on the ground, thats just fact

The YPC was insane, t's not the RB's fault they relied too much on daunte which is a major reason they didn't win alot.

definately daunte. brady is a very good qb on a great team, which makes him look better than he is. Daunte is a phenominal qb wo can make any throw, any play imaginable on the field. stronger arm, faster, bigger, stronger,more accurate, higher pass percentage, has put up much bigger numbers

:sidelol: :lolcry: :lolcry: :sidelol:

That is quite possibly the funniest post EVER on a message board.

Sorry, we're a little excited about getting a THREE time probowler at qb.

it's not about pro Bowls, Roethlisberger didn't make the PB last year but he was a key to a SB winning team. Brady didn't make the PB in 2003 but he was a key in leading NE to the SB. WINNING is what QBs are judged on, fantasy #s are nice but give me a guy w/ decent #s and wins over a guy w/ great #s and loses any day.

Miami will also have a dominate run game this year, therefore according to your argument, Culpepper will flourish.

Also, on the note the Culpepper will not play a full year. I doubt Brady will play a full year either. He is due for injury and there have been some personnel changes.

I hope it is DC but it is just way to early to argue this! I hate Brady with a passion but it being DC's first year in the AFC. You still have to say Brady is the best at this moment. However i believe that will change very soon. The Pats reign is over it is our time now! Go Dolphins!!!!

Back
Top Bottom