• Curtis Martin

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Ronnie Brown

Votes: 87 50.9%
  • Ricky "Pothead" Williams

Votes: 36 21.1%

• Total voters
patsdynasty said:
i dont care if dillon is the best or not but he is a great back and a huge upgrade from what the pats had in a smith, who did a decent job but wasnt the premiere rb like dillon is.....
How can you even mention Dillon and Smith in the same breath? Thats like me mentioning Abdul Jabbar to 2002/03 version of RW! :lol:

Id really need to see brown to see how he plays, with ricky before I got pissed at him, was amazing to watch. He was a great RB. I really wish he didnt get on this teams bad side and mine because he was a monster.

The only reason I dont say ronnie is because he hasnt done anything yet, so currently I would say the current rushing champion is the man, C. Martin. Out of the NFL though 1 RB for 1 year, I would still choose Bettis. Loves the game and can always get those short yards you will need.

bakedmatt said:
i have enough confidence in brown from what i've seen him do to think he will succeed. that's how. if it's between he and willis? i don't think it's that much of a stretch.

That much of a stretch? Willis McGahee lit the NFL on fire and Ronnie Brown still hasn't played in the NFL. I'd say that's a BIG STRETCH.

Sauceman said:
That much of a stretch? Willis McGahee lit the NFL on fire and Ronnie Brown still hasn't played in the NFL. I'd say that's a BIG STRETCH.

i don't need to see the future to have an opinion. what is this about? are you asking me who is going to have the more illustrious career? who ****ing knows?! i like brown because he's ours, and i think he's talented enough to make things happen. i've already said this.

and between watching willis run and ronnie run, i think they're both outstanding backs with promising futures.

Justasportsfan said:
did you have to ask Nick? If you guys pciked up Clarrett ,guess who'd win ?

Actually if Brown is able to even come close to what his potential is, he would average close to, if not over 4 yards a carry (Not awesome, but I am considering him as a rookie, and this is where he will need to learn the most), will be the best receiving RB in AFC east, will be the best blocking RB in the AFC East. I think picking Ronnie is not to far off if he does these things, because he will be the most complete back of all those mentioned.

NJ_Fin_Fan said:
I'd take McGahee, until Ronnie proves that he can handle the load in the NFL. (McGahee already has proven that.)

I expect Ronnie Brown to be excellent (and hope he's a blended threat similar to Tomlinson), but he has to prove himself first.

If you are going in that Route, then why not Martin or Dillion? McGahee has not yet played a whole season (he came back from a major injury), so he too has a lot to prove.

If we were making a Super Bowl run this year like it looked like we were trying to do in years past, I'd absolutely want Dillon. He's the best guy right in the meat of his career. Martin is too old/has too much wear and seems due for an injury. McGahee is a substantial injury risk, not that I wish it on him -- he's an electric player that I enjoy watching even in a Bills uniform. Ronnie is a rookie. You can't pick Ricky at this point even if he was my choice up until the day he quit. He had great skills, but his heart obviously wouldn't be in the game.

Since we're not trying to make some last ditch run, I like Ronnie best. Martin is still too old. I don't like Dillon's past actions and attitude taken, but he'd still be second choice. McGahee still has those bad knees.

Justasportsfan said:
that was Drew Rosenhaus talking. Not Willis. This has been established. You need to update your facts.

Oh, ok, considering you were there with Willis and big bad Drew, you must know for a fact that it was all the big bad agent that was doing this. :lol:

Ruderic said:
Brown hasn't played a down in the NFL. Homers.

...And Willis is coming back from a bad injury, Martin has age looking him in the face, Corey has proven to have too much of the me attitude (Like Ricky), while Brown has all the potential in the world to be a 1000 yard runner every year, brings in 30-45 recept every year for 10+ yard average, and will do an above average job when asked to stay and block, and has a Team 1st mindset.

Ricky Williams with Dillon coming in second. When Ricky steps on the field he doesnt quit, and he can completely dominate a game, forcing defenses to account for him at all times.

Ronnie Brown has never craiied the ball in the NFL yet you'd rather have him over proven PB caliber(HOF caliber in Curtis' case) RBs. Let me remind you, we chose Blair Thomas and he was supposed to be everything Ronnie Brown is supposed to be. Let the guy at least play a year before you place the bar so high he cannot reach it.

nyjunc said:
Ronnie Brown has never craiied the ball in the NFL yet you'd rather have him over proven PB caliber(HOF caliber in Curtis' case) RBs. Let me remind you, we chose Blair Thomas and he was supposed to be everything Ronnie Brown is supposed to be. Let the guy at least play a year before you place the bar so high he cannot reach it.

true that Martin is a proved and a good RB but he is getting old and doesn't have alot of time left and if your building a team you don't want a guy you can only get a year or two or maybe even three years out of. You want a guy who will be there for like ten years and has good potential as Brown does

nick19991 said:
true that Martin is a proved and a good RB but he is getting old and doesn't have alot of time left and if your building a team you don't want a guy you can only get a year or two or maybe even three years out of. You want a guy who will be there for like ten years and has good potential as Brown does

If we are talking about the future give me McGahee, if we are talking about this year give me Martin or Dillon. I need to see Brown show me something first, next year at this time Brown could be at the top of both lists but I can't put him ahead of the others yet.

Omaha_Dolfan said:
Ricky Williams with Dillon coming in second. When Ricky steps on the field he doesnt quit, and he can completely dominate a game, forcing defenses to account for him at all times.
Don't you get it? They don't play for the fins. Now if you didn't have Brown but either Dillon or RW instead, one of them would win the poll.

Brown

I don't know why anyone hasn't brought this up already. Ronnie was a back up to Cadillac Williams for most of his college career. While he did do well spelling him last season and creating a two-headed attack, not to mention filling in when Williams was injured, I can't be too confident in our new starting running back having been a back up in college. He definitely has a lot to prove, and hopefully his pass catching ability will be a huge benefit to his career here...Especially considering I'm not at all confident with our QB's...

Anyways, I think this question is very case specific for each team. Dillon was the perfect fit for New England because he's a power runner and they have a good O-line. Martin, I think, is the overall best and could work out anywhere there is a decent O-line (not here). McGahee has the most potential and would have been a top-3 pick if he hadn't blown out his knee. And don't tell me when he was playing down here at Miami that we wouldn't have all loved to have him, especially if we had known how RW would have turned out...I like Ronnie for the 'Phins though because he's a big guy and with our shoddy O-line might be able to create something. He may not have a good season this year, but once we get an O-line he should be pretty dominant. He's the best fit for our team, but in my opinion probably third or fourth best.

I'd go: 1) Martin-but only for this year, 2) McGahee, 3) Brown, 4) Dillon-just because he's older and benefitting from an O-line better than the rest of the teams...Screw RW

Back
Top Bottom