Which Team Made The Best Head-coaching Hire? Ranking Nfl's Eight New Head Coaches | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Team Made The Best Head-coaching Hire? Ranking Nfl's Eight New Head Coaches

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://sports.yahoo.com/team-made-...ng-nfls-eight-new-head-coaches-141303628.html

d66728896d48fb199a7a073a5a5014a9

1. Brian Flores, Miami — Is putting Flores No. 1 an overreaction to Super Bowl LIII? Sure. But Flores actually has something really good on his resume. He’s not someone who was fired from his alma mater after not winning in the Big 12, he didn’t wash out with the Dolphins, and he didn’t direct one offense that was in the bottom eight of the league last season. He wasn’t hired after one good-half season as an offensive coordinator or because a team hopes Sean McVay’s magic has rubbed off. He’s not a short-term answer in his 60s. Flores is 37 years old, well respected by players and for a while has been touted as a star in making. He landed on a Dolphins team that won’t be good for a while, and hopefully he’ll be given patience. He’ll need it. But he absolutely could be the first Bill Belichick assistant to hit it big.

Click on link for rest of article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like most of the league, I was looking for and hoping to get the next Sean McVay. Young hotshot OC who could blossom into a long time great coach. But that guy wasn't out there this year.

I think the Arians and Fangio hirings could work out well. Those would be my top two. I would put Flores into the category of the unknowns. Lots of unknowns surrounding guys like Taylor, Kingsburry, and Flores. Any one of those guys could prove to be a genius, but they're bigger gambles than Arians or Fangio, for sure.

Looking at that list, it looks pretty damn bad. I'd be surprised if there is more than one or 2 of these guys left by 2021.

I'd rather read this than Adam Gase is an A++++++, Zac Taylor is an A------------, and Brian Flores is an F-----------------

Back
Top Bottom