Which Team Made The Best Head-coaching Hire? Ranking Nfl's Eight New Head Coaches | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Team Made The Best Head-coaching Hire? Ranking Nfl's Eight New Head Coaches

Being a diehard phins fan I pray that flores turns out to be everything we have been looking for in a head coach.But former new England assistant coaches have not done well as head coaches.

https://sports.yahoo.com/team-made-...ng-nfls-eight-new-head-coaches-141303628.html

d66728896d48fb199a7a073a5a5014a9

1. Brian Flores, Miami — Is putting Flores No. 1 an overreaction to Super Bowl LIII? Sure. But Flores actually has something really good on his resume. He’s not someone who was fired from his alma mater after not winning in the Big 12, he didn’t wash out with the Dolphins, and he didn’t direct one offense that was in the bottom eight of the league last season. He wasn’t hired after one good-half season as an offensive coordinator or because a team hopes Sean McVay’s magic has rubbed off. He’s not a short-term answer in his 60s. Flores is 37 years old, well respected by players and for a while has been touted as a star in making. He landed on a Dolphins team that won’t be good for a while, and hopefully he’ll be given patience. He’ll need it. But he absolutely could be the first Bill Belichick assistant to hit it big.

Click on link for rest of article.
Good article. I feel good in general about Flores.
Though I do content the overwhelming idea that we won't be any good for a while. We were 7-9 with the trifecta: bad coaching, horrendous QB play for 9 games and injuries. While there is nothing you can do about injuries the same starting squad from last year is a 9-7 or better team with simply mediocre QB play and better coaching.

Flores is a coach who has learned to get the best out of his players and he was in an environment of not losing or rebuilding but simply reloading. While there will be some changes people will be utterly surprised if that turnaround will happen fast than expected.

Back
Top Bottom