Which Team Made The Best Head-coaching Hire? Ranking Nfl's Eight New Head Coaches | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Team Made The Best Head-coaching Hire? Ranking Nfl's Eight New Head Coaches

I have a feeling the implied political bias the poster was referring to may have something to do with his status as the only minority on the list.

I agree that everyone outside of Arians could probably be ranked in any order and a decent argument could be made for it. The fact that Arians wasn't the clear cut number one does leave me a bit skeptical though. I certainly have no proof that it was due to any political biases, but im also at a loss for any other reasonable explanation. The guy is a multiple coach of the year winner. Just makes no sense.

The explanation is simple... He was the only new coach coming off an impressive super bowl victory in which his unit was largely responsible for the success. No need to hunt down "liberal media boogeymen" to explain it.

The explanation is simple... He was the only new coach coming off an impressive super bowl victory in which his unit was largely responsible for the success. No need to hunt down "liberal media boogeymen" to explain it.

I agree, I wouldnt have personally attributed it to that without more evidence. I also wouldn't dismiss it offhand though. Like I said, i think an argument could be made that you could rank 2-7 in literally any order. But Arians not being the clear cut number 1 is just beyond rational explanation.

Wonder why Richards wasn't touted by anyone else by Finheaven? The more learn about Flores, but better I feel. We will need to give him time and resources. I personally hope he doesn't hitch himself to only one QB. If in 2020 we pick a QB and he doesn't pass the eye test that season, then we pick another QB in 2021. That will make or break Flores/Grier.

Wtf. We can’t even talking about basic football without man-babies whining about liberal media and safe spaces? Unbelievable.

Is putting Flores No. 1 an overreaction to Super Bowl LIII? Sure.

At least they're honest about their bullshit articles.

Had the other 7 teams known Flores and the Pats D would shut down McCay and the Rams O then Flores most likely would have shot up to the top of everyone's list.

Everyone knows that supposed political bias is a huge problem in generic sports news... How did Breitbart rank the new coaches?
All the white coaches went to the top of the list and then the order was determined by the fewest minorities put in position of authority the higher they were ranked.

Had the other 7 teams known Flores and the Pats D would shut down McCay and the Rams O then Flores most likely would have shot up to the top of everyone's list.
So maybe just maybe Chris Grier knows what he's doing??

I definitely feel better about Flores than when we hired Gase. I’m not expecting much the first year but there needs to be progress by year 3.

I really don't think many franchises base their coaching search around a one game performance from a first year play caller. I mean hell, we had literally already decided on him prior.

...let's see the finished staff -- which is trending in a positive vector IMO....

Still gotta sign the Dom and Caldwell. Then add some more high IQ high NRG

coaching youth. Watch the roster moves. Eval the draft. Then we can predict

a basic design for next season and moving forward.

That said, I'd be shocked if 2019 season wasn't a long overdue "sacrifice."

Let's get through a season first and then see which new coaching staff has their s**t together... mmmkay?

Back
Top Bottom