Which teams will we... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which teams will we...

Originally posted by Muck
How can you guys think about losing?? Worse yet, how can you actually pick the games we'll lose!?!? The thought is to hideous for me to even contemplate!! :couch:
Reality is a bitch muck

It's never good to count on better than 3-3 in the AFCE, as far as I'm concerned. And I'll make no predictions on the detailed results of those games... too wild.

We may have a problem with the Giants (keeping focus and intensity up over a bye week for a quietly dangerous non-conference opponent), the Colts (Sammy Knight could prove he belongs here or prove costly... someone's gotta play safety over whoever's on Harrison), and the Titans (if the defense has any collapses in it, this year).

I think we'll do very well against the Eagles at home, and the Chargers on the road, at night.

Personally, I think we'll take the Giants... both the Colts and the Titans have singular talents that can take over a game in George and Harrison, which has been often been the formula for beating a Dolphins defense.

That leaves us 11-5... perhaps as good as 13-3, if our defensive upgrades are really upgrades.

I'll split the difference and predict 12-4, which should be good enough for a bye.

Originally posted by JeffJewell
It's never good to count on better than 3-3 in the AFCE, as far as I'm concerned. And I'll make no predictions on the detailed results of those games... too wild.

We may have a problem with the Giants (keeping focus and intensity up over a bye week for a quietly dangerous non-conference opponent), the Colts (Sammy Knight could prove he belongs here or prove costly... someone's gotta play safety over whoever's on Harrison), and the Titans (if the defense has any collapses in it, this year).

I think we'll do very well against the Eagles at home, and the Chargers on the road, at night.

Personally, I think we'll take the Giants... both the Colts and the Titans have singular talents that can take over a game in George and Harrison, which has been often been the formula for beating a Dolphins defense.

That leaves us 11-5... perhaps as good as 13-3, if our defensive upgrades are really upgrades.

I'll split the difference and predict 12-4, which should be good enough for a bye.
you guys have a right to be excited, but let's stay on the ground here...you were 9-7 last year....is getting Seau(who's still good, but not what he once was), Griese(who could not succeed in a QB-friendly offense), a good SS, and an unproven WR really gonna vault you 5 more W's to 12-4?...hey, it could happen, but think realistically for a moment

Seau(who's still good, but not what he once was), Griese(who could not succeed in a QB-friendly offense), a good SS, and an unproven WR really gonna vault you 5 more W's to 12-4?...hey, it could happen, but think realistically for a moment

Well, to be fair, I suggest that dumping Lucas would be good for two game (11-5), then possibly Seau and Knight could overcome some demonstrated weaknesses on our d to the tune of another game or two.

Me scratchy-scratchy where 9 plus 5 equals 12?:huh: Hey, it could happen, but think realistically for a moment. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, to be fair, I suggest that dumping Lucas would be good for two game (11-5), then possibly Seau and Knight could overcome some demonstrated weaknesses on our d to the tune of another game or two.

Me scratchy-scratchy where 9 plus 5 equals 12?:huh: Hey, it could happen, but think realistically for a moment. ;)

don't mind him... he has a problem with numbers... :lol: :D :goof:

whoops, i meant 3 games..brain fart

I'll split the difference and predict 12-4, which should be good enough for a bye

A bye sounds very good to me. How about home field advantage during playoffs?

Oh, wait...maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. :eek:

I think that the Dolphins will not lose more than three games and will win the division.

It seems that everyone has an opinion regarding our record.

What rating would you give this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
:jetssuck: :nesucks: :billsbite
The Dolphins always start strong and the Jets always start weak. We will Kill the Jets on week 2.
:stupid:

Originally posted by gunn34
:jetssuck: :nesucks: :billsbite
The Dolphins always start strong and the Jets always start weak. We will Kill the Jets on week 2.
:stupid:
if you're going to go by past patterns, then I'm already penciling in a win 12/21...and so are the Pats 12/7

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
you guys have a right to be excited, but let's stay on the ground here...you were 9-7 last year....is getting Seau(who's still good, but not what he once was), Griese(who could not succeed in a QB-friendly offense), a good SS, and an unproven WR really gonna vault you 5 more W's to 12-4?...hey, it could happen, but think realistically for a moment

I dont understand your logic here.. You continue to say Miami choked late last year and everyone in the media has said Miami vastly underachieved last year without the players we picked up this year.. 12-4 is not out of the possibility for Miami.. Miami went 11-5 with Lamar Smith and alot less talent than we have now.. not only did we go 11-5 one year.. but Twice!!.. Where's the confusion?? 12-4 for Miami this coming season is very reasonable..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

I dont understand your logic here.. You continue to say Miami choked late last year and everyone in the media has said Miami vastly underachieved last year without the players we picked up this year.. 12-4 is not out of the possibility for Miami.. Miami went 11-5 with Lamar Smith and alot less talent than we have now.. not only did we go 11-5 one year.. but Twice!!.. Where's the confusion?? 12-4 for Miami this coming season is very reasonable..
if you say so, is that what you're predicting then?....take a look at you schedule, read it over a couple times, then tell me what your prediction is...keep in mind who your starting QB and Head Coach are;)

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
if you say so, is that what you're predicting then?....take a look at you schedule, read it over a couple times, then tell me what your prediction is...keep in mind who your starting QB and Head Coach are;)

Same QB and Head Coach in 2000 and 2001 where Miami went 11-5 in both years.. With less talent.. :D

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Same QB and Head Coach in 2000 and 2001 where Miami went 11-5 in both years.. With less talent.. :D
yes, and the competition was much weaker too

Back
Top Bottom