Who do you think has the toughest confrence in the Afc!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do you think has the toughest confrence in the Afc!!

Oaklandraider said:
The raiders do have a good defense we added buress to help out in the 4-3 we are playing we added renaldo hill a good defensive back who will proably play safety this season we also have a first rounder from Cal who we picked two seasons ago who will be good. Our D-line is going to very tough with buress and sapp,ted washington theyll put up some big #s. Our line backers will be ryan riddle out of cal whos pretty damn good and middle will be danny clark our other outside will be kirk morrison an outstanding rookie. our other Cb is shut down evryone knows who C-wood is. Our O speaks for them self it will proably be one of the most potent offenses this season.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but you sound like some of us here predicting the Fins...while the Raiders have made improvements, you still have one thing that will hold you back...your offense will be about as vanilla as....well, as the Fins offense has been for 3 years...it'll be run left, right, middle and occasionally throw it up to Moss. He'll be complaining by the 3rd game if I had to put a bet on it...that is the NT offense...get used to it...Oh, and forget about using your TE or FB for anything other than blocking.

I think the AFC West is better than last year...KC has a little D, Raiders added Moss and Jordan and tinkered with the D, Denver I'm not to sure about whether they improved or not...if they were concerned about their DL, they seem to have signed worse players than they had...The Bolts haven't made any major changes, but they were pretty darn good last year. They should, by all rights, improve if for nothing but based on a year of experience and some PO experience.

In the East, the Pats are...well, the Pats...I gave up betting against them until they prove they no longer have it...The Jests had a good year and if Pennington stays healthy, they'll be right in the thick of things. The Frills may have taken a step backwards with Losman, but that remains to be seen. They still have a pretty good D and came on strong at the end of last year. The Fins have improved...they won't contend for the division, but they will be a better team than last year...the 1-7 record against our division will change this year. I just hope that all of y'all think that we will suck like last year so we can come up and slobberknock ya' when we play ya...

So, I think the East is the toughest division in the conference. The West has improved, but not enough yet...

nyjunc said:
It's definitely the East.

East:

NE- SB Champs, should take small step back but still class of league.
NYJ- reached div rd last year and have improved, also they own the Chargers who were the best team in the AFC West last year.
Buf- Solid everywhere except QB and that's only b/c Losman has no experience. If Losman doesn't play like a rookie they can be very good
Mia- awful last year but have some talent and a new CS, should be at least a few games better

West:

SD- came from nowhere but they have young talent and should contend again.
Den- always overrated, make WC rd then get thrashed. Jake Plummer is awful and they will not make the playoffs this year.
KC- D is better but how much? O is getting older. Should be better and maybe a playoff team
Oak-really improved on O but have no D, will be exciting but will lose 9-10 games.

Bills-are not smart by intrusting JP losman with the job that early, Holcolmb should be able to battle for the job to see how Losman reacts to it.

Den-most overrated team in the NFL O-line(NICE) RB(good cuz of the line) Qb(Plummer is a bum and is inconsistent)

KC-NO D-Line and Offense is aging but still will be top 5

LarryFinFan said:
Not trying to rain on your parade, but you sound like some of us here predicting the Fins...while the Raiders have made improvements, you still have one thing that will hold you back...your offense will be about as vanilla as....well, as the Fins offense has been for 3 years...it'll be run left, right, middle and occasionally throw it up to Moss. He'll be complaining by the 3rd game if I had to put a bet on it...that is the NT offense...get used to it...Oh, and forget about using your TE or FB for anything other than blocking.

I think the AFC West is better than last year...KC has a little D, Raiders added Moss and Jordan and tinkered with the D, Denver I'm not to sure about whether they improved or not...if they were concerned about their DL, they seem to have signed worse players than they had...The Bolts haven't made any major changes, but they were pretty darn good last year. They should, by all rights, improve if for nothing but based on a year of experience and some PO experience.

In the East, the Pats are...well, the Pats...I gave up betting against them until they prove they no longer have it...The Jests had a good year and if Pennington stays healthy, they'll be right in the thick of things. The Frills may have taken a step backwards with Losman, but that remains to be seen. They still have a pretty good D and came on strong at the end of last year. The Fins have improved...they won't contend for the division, but they will be a better team than last year...the 1-7 record against our division will change this year. I just hope that all of y'all think that we will suck like last year so we can come up and slobberknock ya' when we play ya...

So, I think the East is the toughest division in the conference. The West has improved, but not enough yet...

:yeahthat:

I would say it has been the east and could still possibly be the east.

East:
Patriots = Superbowl Champs, they have to be number 1 till proven otherwise, it seems every year they lose people but Bill gets em ready to play and proves people wrong.
Jets = Now have a kicker to go along with Pennington and Martin, plus one of the best BACKUP QB's in the league.
Bills = good solid team with a new QB. I dont like the argument that Losman is going to be a major weakness for the Bills. He hasnt shown anything yet but then again he hasnt shown anything bad yet either. If we had gotten Smith people would be singing his praises also, just like the Bills fans are singing Losman's.
Dolphins = A better team than the 10 - 6 team of two years ago in my opinion but with better coaching. Will have to wait and see if they perform like it.

West:
Chiefs = in my opinion the dark horse of the AFC. With the additions of Surtain and Knight while drafting DJ. This may be the year that the defense can hold their own on every other series and if they can do that and the offense stays potent it should be enough.
Chargers = Have seen a lot of one year wonders in the NFL these days, but they have a lot of talent and probably the best 1 - 2 QB punch in the league, not to mention probably the best overall back.
Broncos = the only thing I can tell you about the Broncos is simply they are the Broncos and that will probably mean they will threaten for a WC spot.
Raiders = a lot of offensive weapons and a D that is questionable, could they be the Chiefs of the last two seasons?

but it is definately closer this year than in previous years will have to wait and see.

But regardless I would still be willing to say the best in the NFC who I think everyone would be willing to say is still probably Philly and if not them then Atlanta with a healthy Vick would be able to do nothing but compete for a wildcard spot in the AFC.

I think it's the AFC North. Baltimore will be the most improved team in the NFL IMO, Cincinatti is only going to get better with Carson Palmer, and Pittsburgh was 15-1 last year. It's thinkable that Pittsburgh will finish 3rd in the division. The Afc West is good, and I could be a homer and call the Afc East the best, but with the Pats losing 2 coordinators, Miami having AJ, Buffalo starting basically a rookie, and Pennington's uncertain health, I think the Afc North is a better division. The whole AFC is loaded even the South is going to be better with Leftwich and Carr coming of age, it's ridiculous how much better the AFC is than the NFC. I think Philly is the only team in the NFC that could contend for a playoff spot in the AFC.

Well the season will tell all but like I said earlier the whole Afc is loaded and I do believe that another thing is our O will be solid I cant agree with anyone who says its not going to be and or should be ok!!! Only the season will tell my team faces the world champs in the opening game to the season do you think we can take'em.:confused:

Our O is proably going to be in the top 10 moss,porter the best wideout tandem since the old fins back in the day and our Rb is going to be sick lamont is raw no doubt about it. Our tight end should be ok also our line is sick to.

Oaklandraider said:
Our O is proably going to be in the top 10 moss,porter the best wideout tandem since the old fins back in the day and our Rb is going to be sick lamont is raw no doubt about it. Our tight end should be ok also our line is sick to.
I hope they all get better soon. :cooldude:

Denver sucks! they always choke come playoff time but other then them the AFC West is pretty good but every team in the AFC East is good

Back
Top Bottom