who do you think should get AL MVP?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who do you think should get AL MVP??

marke27

dime corner
Reaction score
well this is a question alot of people are going to have a different view on. for me it comes down to a couple players. of course im going to say give it to my fav player Grady Sizemore, even thou he is on a losing team. just look at his numbers....he is #1 in the majors in extra base hits, #1 in the majors also in runs scored and doubles. #2 in the AL in triples....and also made some history this year becoming only the 4th player in major league history to have 25 hrs, 50 doubles and 10 triples...and you add in 20 plus steals and you have the complete player. but beside being a homer, if i had to give it to someone other then Grady, my vote would go to Justin Morneau of the Twins. i dont think Ortiz should get it cause for one hes a DH and doesnt play the feild, also he isnt the greatest avg hitter. so all in all Grady #1....but if it goes to a player on a winning team, it goes to Morneau. thoughts??

the fact he plays on a terrible team is enough to axe him from the race...unless he was putting up record-breaking numbers, which he is not.

I'll say Jeter or Morneau

Grady is one of the best young players in baseball however he won't even get in the top 5 in MVP voting. And really he shouldn't. He's having a great year but Jeter, Morneau, Santana, Mauer, Ortiz, Dye, Thomas all will get votes over him.

I agree with Rocky that the award should go to Jeter or Morneau.

Grady Sizemore? LOL LOL LOL

I didn't know it was April 1st!!!

P.S.........Jeter will win it

I pick Morneau. The Yankees win the division without Jeter. The Twins are not in the playoffs without Morneau's bat. And since pitchers have to be historically good to win the MVP, it goes to Morneau.

MikeO said:
Grady Sizemore? LOL LOL LOL

I didn't know it was April 1st!!!

P.S.........Jeter will win it

funny u say that when guys on epsn news say grady will be in the top 5 in voting and the texas rangers announcers last night said Grady is becomeing one of the best players in baseball......ha ya so funny. take it your a yankee fan..........

marke27 said:
funny u say that when guys on epsn news say grady will be in the top 5 in voting and the texas rangers announcers last night said Grady is becomeing one of the best players in baseball......ha ya so funny. take it your a yankee fan..........

He is a great player, but shouldnt be the first name mentioned in a thread about the MVP or even get serious consideration to be honest.

marke27 said:

The texas rangers announcers???? Were gonna go to them for credibility on this subject??? If they were any good they wouldn't be "the texas rangers announcers" :sidelol: :sidelol: Get in a major market then we can take them seriously.

And if Grady is in the Top 5 (which I dont think he will) then its at #5. So.......:confused: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

I am kinda rootring for Ortiz to win it (seriously, no joke)

Just beacuse I am sick and tired of hearing him and those chowder head fans in Boston cry about this thing. And to hear them go on about it for another 365 days might be too much to take.

Just give the crybaby the award so we can move on already and get everyone to shut up about it.

Nick is God said:
Arod.

:sidelol:

Sorry man, I couldn't resist.

:confused: :confused: :confused: Why is he in this conversation? :confused: :confused: :confused:

My homer pick: Frank Thomas (he gets comeback player of the year without a doubt)

Reality: Derek Jeter, Ortiz, Thomas, Morneau and Mauer in that order (Morneau and Mauer will split the Twins vote, hurting both of them).

unifiedtheory said:
My homer pick: Frank Thomas (he gets comeback player of the year without a doubt)

Reality: Derek Jeter, Ortiz, Thomas, Morneau and Mauer in that order (Morneau and Mauer will split the Twins vote, hurting both of them).

Jim Thome will get comeback player of the year. I'm a ChiSox fan but regardless of being a homer or not Jermaine Dye is a top 3 MVP player. I think Morneau but Jeter probably will. The White Sox were awful the 2nd half of the year but Dye deserves some credit.

Back
Top Bottom