who do you think should get AL MVP?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who do you think should get AL MVP??

UCFinfan86 said:
I know we both used the word most, i just took your post as saying people were only not saying jeter because they are biased against jeter, if you were too including both sides were biased then my bad, i took it wrong

Its all good :)

dob72 said:
the mvp ranking right now should be

Ortiz>Morneau>Dye>Vlad>Thome>Hafner>Thomas>Mauer>Jeter

When was the last time Hafner even played? He's been out for a few weeks now. I think Dye and Ortiz should get consideration but 5 of your top 6 aren't going to the playoffs. Wheres Johan on the list? Easily should be above Hafner/Thome/Vlad. I'm not a Yankees fan but putting Jeter behind 3 Dh's and 5 guys who aren't going to the playoffs seems to be a stretch.

djfresh47 said:
When was the last time Hafner even played?
got me but he's still has more production than jeter

djfresh47 said:
Wheres Johan on the list? Easily should be above Hafner/Thome/Vlad. I'm not a Yankees fan but putting Jeter behind 3 Dh's and 5 guys who aren't going to the playoffs seems to be a stretch.
i don't think a pitcher should get it they have there own award

and all those guys have more production than jeter i don't see how being on a playoff team matters when they give the mvp's to guys on last place teams

without being biasied this how the mvp rankings should be

jeters not even the mvp of his team mo is(well steinbreners wallat is)look at his lineup he's the guy pitchers want to face two guys on his team have more rbi's(maybe 3 not sure about jorge) and another guy on his team has more runs scored and atleast 5 guys on his team have more home runs yeah he's really the mvp LMFAO

it would be a joke to give it to him but thats what the yankees do best turn baseball into a joke

also cano has now moved adhead of him for the batting title

lol so the mvp is a guy who dosen't even lead his team in avg rbi's hr's or run scored yeah ok

dob72 said:
the mvp ranking right now should be

Finally Vlads name comes up! He shouldnt win or get a ton of consideration because the Angels, baring a miracle, wont make the playoffs. If that miracle happens though he has to be considered.

.326/32/115 w/ 15 steals is pretty nice numbers

Some of you people are CLUELESS when it comes to baseball

Hafner has been out for a month +. To even mention him in MVP is laughable.

Vlad's numbers aren't anything special and he sure as heck didn't carry his team anywhere.

And I won't even disucss the fool who has Jeter listed as 8th or 9th in the MVP race. Please, this is why SOME people have no credibility around here and are laughed at by the staff behind their backs!! Seriously. Take a plane ride back to reality and talk sports. Don't be the class clown

MikeO said:
Some of you people are CLUELESS when it comes to baseball

Hafner has been out for a month +. To even mention him in MVP is laughable.

Vlad's numbers aren't anything special and he sure as heck didn't carry his team anywhere.

And I won't even disucss the fool who has Jeter listed as 8th or 9th in the MVP race. Please, this is why SOME people have no credibility around here and are laughed at by the staff behind their backs!! Seriously. Take a plane ride back to reality and talk sports. Don't be the class clown

Nice that the way cool staff laughs at people behind their backs. What is this high school? The site is nothing with out the people coming here, you shouldnt laugh at them behind their backs because with out them your little site is nothing.

Also Vlads #s arent that far off from Morneau. You should read an entire post before you laugh because you just look foolish. I said only if the Angels have a miracle and make the playoffs should Vlad be considered seriously. And even then, I didnt say he should win it.

DonShula84 said:
Nice that the way cool staff laughs at people behind their backs. What is this high school? The site is nothing with out the people coming here, you shouldnt laugh at them behind their backs because with out them your little site is nothing.

Also Vlads #s arent that far off from Morneau. You should read an entire post before you laugh because you just look foolish. I said only if the Angels have a miracle and make the playoffs should Vlad be considered seriously. And even then, I didnt say he should win it.

Mikeo just likes to rub it in that he's staff, i guess it makes him feel like hes special or powerful.

dob72 said:

:chuckle:

Motion said:

yuh i will agree, I don't know if jeter should get the MVP, but there is no way hes that low on the list, id say the lowest jeter should be is 3-4th, He could be first maybe, i still haven't decided, but no way is he 8th.

dob72 said:
got me but he's still has more production than jeter

i don't think a pitcher should get it they have there own award

and all those guys have more production than jeter i don't see how being on a playoff team matters when they give the mvp's to guys on last place teams

jeters not even the mvp of his team mo is(well steinbreners wallat is)look at his lineup he's the guy pitchers want to face two guys on his team have more rbi's(maybe 3 not sure about jorge) and another guy on his team has more runs scored and atleast 5 guys on his team have more home runs yeah he's really the mvp LMFAO

it would be a joke to give it to him but thats what the yankees do best turn baseball into a joke

also cano has now moved adhead of him for the batting title

lol so the mvp is a guy who dosen't even lead his team in avg rbi's hr's or run scored yeah ok

If we're not going to consider pitchers then take those DH's out of their hitters have an award called the silver slugger. Derek Jeter is the Yankees MVP and I think most people would agree with that. People like to hate the Yankees and it makes them very bias but Jeter is going to finish top 3 at the least. The Yankees have turned baseball into a joke by not winning a world series in 5 years what a tragedy.

djfresh47 said:
If we're not going to consider pitchers then take those DH's out of their hitters have an award called the silver slugger. Derek Jeter is the Yankees MVP and I think most people would agree with that. People like to hate the Yankees and it makes them very bias but Jeter is going to finish top 3 at the least. The Yankees have turned baseball into a joke by not winning a world series in 5 years what a tragedy.

I understand what you're saying but at least DHs play everyday (or should I say bat every day) while starters only play 30 to 35 games a year.

I think anyone who steps on the field can get the MVP award. Pitcher, DH, CF, RF, 1st basemen, SS whoever.

djfresh47 said:
If we're not going to consider pitchers then take those DH's out of their hitters have an award called the silver slugger
i don't think being a DH should take anything away from them

they play a full time postion if its not a real position why even have it in basball

since it is in baseball i'll keep considering it a real postion

djfresh47 said:
Derek Jeter is the Yankees MVP and I think most people would agree with that.

dob72 said:

like i said if jeter wins the mvp it would be a joke but once again thats what the yankees do best

Ray Finkle said:
I understand what you're saying but at least DHs play everyday (or should I say bat every day) while starters only play 30 to 35 games a year.

I think anyone who steps on the field can get the MVP award. Pitcher, DH, CF, RF, 1st basemen, SS whoever.

It would take alot for me to put a DH 1st if the Red Sox made the playoffs Ortiz would probably win it or atleast finish top 3. Johan has been as much of a reason for the Twins being one of the best teams the 2nd half of the year. Putting a guy out there every 5th day and saving the Twins bullpen and being basically an automatic win has to get MVP consideration. When Liriano went down I think everybody myself included believed the Twins would collapse, then Radke went down and I thought it was a no-brainer. Right now I think Morneau is MVP and i'd slot Jeter 2nd but I think Santana could easily be 3rd, although I think Dye goes there and Ortiz 4th followed by Johan.

Back
Top Bottom