Who do you want with our 1st pick in the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do you want with our 1st pick in the draft

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure we draft Tua with our first pick and I would be ok with Okudah cb to team up with X .

I wanted a healthy Tua but that isn't possible now.

Chase Young (we need a DE and he might be considered the best player in the draft)
Andrew Thomas (an elite LT commands serious FA money so they are worth high draft capitol)
Justin Herbert (he has regressed but has an impressive body of work, more than Burrow IMHO)
Jerry Jeudy (too early to take a WR but he is a good one)
Jeff Okudah (I think there will be plenty of good CB's available with our later picks)
Isaiah Simmons (can't see it but I could understand Flo drooling over this "Swiss army knife")

We are going to have our choice of some really awesome players.
I'm just praying we have learned as an organization with so many needs that you don't take Thomas top 5.

We are going to have our choice of some really awesome players.
I'm just praying we have learned as an organization with so many needs that you don't take Thomas top 5.
Although it wouldn't be my preference, I also realize there aren't going to be much in the way of LTs in free agency, and the going rate for just average players at that position is absorbanent. The same is true at DE, and corner.

When all is said, and done, if Young is gone, I'm not against moving back a few spots, and taking Herbert.

Although it wouldn't be my preference, I also realize there aren't going to be much in the way of LTs in free agency, and the going rate for just average players at that position is absorbanent. The same is true at DE, and corner.

When all is said, and done, if Young is gone, I'm not against moving back a few spots, and taking Herbert.
Right now Oline does look a little light. But FA always starts that way. Then cuts come. Every year players end up available that were not talk about this early.
I'm also not sure how owners are going to use the franchise tag this year. It is one of the major topic during the current cba discussions. I'm not sure yet what type of impact it will have. Personally I think we will start to see owners backing away from it. But that is just my speculation on what I've heard out of owners meetings.

I’d say there is pretty much a 100% chance it goes Burrow at 1 and Young at 2. If we don’t have either of those picks, I’d prefer to trade back. If this staff truly takes after NE I’d imagine it’s the route they go. Thomas is an elite LT, but it would be a cold day in hell before NE used a top 5 pick on O-Line.

I’d say there is pretty much a 100% chance it goes Burrow at 1 and Young at 2. If we don’t have either of those picks, I’d prefer to trade back. If this staff truly takes after NE I’d imagine it’s the route they go. Thomas is an elite LT, but it would be a cold day in hell before NE used a top 5 pick on O-Line.
I don't know that Young at 2 is a foregone conclusion. Is is probably the top rated player in the draft, but most "experts" have the Giants taking the LT, so it's possible he is there at #3.

Joe Burreaux or Chase Young. If we get out of the 1st round with either of them it will have been a successful draft in my opinion.

The 2 safest picks in the draft.

Last edited:
I don't know that Young at 2 is a foregone conclusion. Is is probably the top rated player in the draft, but most "experts" have the Giants taking the LT, so it's possible he is there at #3.
I've been reading this too. With SB and Jones how do you not grab Thomas to put in front of them.

Back
Top Bottom