Who else loved the Curtis Weaver pick?! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who else loved the Curtis Weaver pick?!

Outside of Tua I'd say it was my favorite pick of the draft. I was clamouring for him earlier in the draft. Dolphins played it great. Couldn't be happier. We got great value at premium position. Good stuff.

Marginal athlete, lack of explosive numbers...he has the sacks, but I don't see a player who is anything more than Charles Harris. As a 5th rounder though, good value if he can learn to play the run.

Trace Armstrong was also a marginal athlete IMO - but he was tough & relentless….if this guy can bring us some old school Trace Armstrong desire - he could be an asset.

Trace Armstrong was also a marginal athlete IMO - but he was tough & relentless….if this guy can bring us some old school Trace Armstrong desire - he could be an asset.
I'm telling you, once we get his ass in training camp and the Dolphins strength and conditioning coaches get ahold of him, he is going to be a beast. The man had more sacks than Chase Young over the past 3 years. Infact, more sacks than any college player in the world. Once he gets into shape, I think he'll be the next Brian Urlacher. Mark my words!

My favorite pick outside of Tua. Kinda reminds me when everyone was excited on here when we drafted Reshad Jones in the 5th round (I believe) or Ajayi. Hopefully he surprises and plays at a high level like those guys did.

Its his bend and technique that PFF praises him for. They say he doesn't look or test very athletic at all, but that his other skills make up for it.

He always finds a way to get to the quarterback. As a Boise State fan I noticed more when he wasn't making sacks than when he was making sacks.

It was like, "What's wrong with Weaver? He doesn't have a sack this game."

They said Zach was too slow and too small to play as well.

We will see the first day is on the practice field.

Apparently he played the 2019 season overweight and out of shape.
Yeah, just watch that Florida State game from last year and you'll see why he went in the 5th round. He looked so slow. But he has a great nose for the ball, takes good angles on pursuit, has a few different rush moves. If they can develop in physically I think he could be good. He's for sure worth a 5th round pick.

Needs a lot of work. Best case he’s a backup to be honest. I don’t see him being involved until maybe year 3. UDFA DT’s could be better tbh

Almost every mock draft I saw had this guy in the early 3rd or sometimes even 2nd round....could really be the steal of this draft.

Also I'm not some blind homer but I love our draft. Even guys like Brandon Jones and Raekwon Davis could turn out to be steals

Back
Top Bottom