who else thinks miami is playoff bound? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who else thinks miami is playoff bound?

Wagon Circler said:
Perhaps. I'd rather eat crow supporting my team than eating it hating on another one.

I WILL GARNTEE YOU ONE THING TEAMS WONT BE BACK DEFENDING THE PASS LIKE THEY DID LAST YEAR :evil: OR IF THEY DO BY BY RICKY RONNIE AND KAY JAY:evil:

As much as I would like to dream of a 10-6 season, my common sense says 8-8. Of course some teams have made the playoffs at 8-8, BUT?:confused:

Syra39 said:
As much as I would like to dream of a 10-6 season, my common sense says 8-8. Of course some teams have made the playoffs at 8-8, BUT?:confused:

I second this.

I really dont think its that farfetched.. With all the parody in the league there is no reason why we cant become a 9-7 or 10-6 team. This will be a very well coached team with a bunch of new parts.. The nfl is all about schemes and adjustments, personel has less and less to do with a successful franchise.

• Saban: Expectations lead to Frustration. We are focusing on one play at a time. You don't think about a planting a flag at the top of the mountain while your standing in base camp.

Hey I would love to see it too, buts lets be realistic. I am just hoping for a winning record. I have my hopes up, but even I might be too optomistic. Don't set your sights too high, I think a Superbowl spot is 2-3 years away at the earliest.

I don't think our chances hinge on last year's record. Last year was about a new O for new personnel, and the lack of direction by the coaching staff for that O. There's a lot of talented players on this team, the only areas of concern, and it's a big concern is at S and CB. If the players there step up, this could be a successful season. The other is injuries, which can kill a season.

The one thing that will make this a long year is comfort level with the new D and O. As everyone has seen in mini camps, the team is still learning the new system and making a lot of mistakes. Based on the reports, those mistake can carried over to the first part of the season, as they did last year. What I'm hoping is the organization and coaching, with direction, cut down those before the season officially begins. I think this maybe the case and thus, this could be an interesting season. If the mistakes are cut to a minium in the first half of the year and players gain confidence, then this could be a good season, maybe a 10-6 season.

Everyone points to the chargers, but they weren't changing O or D or having to adjust to a new coaching staff. It was more of the same for them, just better execution. They didn't have to think as much on the field. And that's the key, thinking instead of reacting. So let's see the learning turn to knowing and then we have something.

Wagon Circler said:
I would be eating a lot of crow if this actually happens. I think there is no way the fins make the playoffs in this ultra competitive division of this ultra competitive conference.
Sun., Oct 9, Miami Dolphins - W

Sun., Dec 4, at Miami - W

Well at least you are giving Miami two wins against your team, that's a start. :D

I'm thinking 8-8, with 9-7 being the outlier. It's not impossible but playoffs are for next year. 8-8 with a very competitive team and infusion of youth would be satisfactory.

DonShula84 said:
I dont want to say no because anything can happen, and Im a homer, but Im not expecting it and wont be shocked if it doesnt happen

My sentiments exactly!

Steve

The only was Miami makes the playoffs this year is if our QB whoever it is, plays like Marino...ok ok Big Ben at least. We have the Defense.....we will have the running game, got decent receivers.....IT will be the O-lines play, and whether or not the QB throws TD's....or INT's for TD's.....man I got sick of that last year.

I am 100% certain that the Dolphins will make the playoffs.
I am uncertain as to which year this will occur.

Back
Top Bottom