who else thinks miami is playoff bound? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who else thinks miami is playoff bound?

The fact that the AFC East is apt to be the toughest in the NFL this year could make your chances much more difficult.

Buffalo: they stil have a long way to go but they really are going to be a better team Parrish, Moulds, and Evans give Losman some good targets this year.
The Running game for the Bills will be at least as good as last season, but not much better.
Thier D-Line took some hits this off season with the loss of Pat Williams.
They could still do as wel as 9-7

Jets: Every thing stands on Chad Pennington's shoulder. Is it healed, will it ever be solid enough to last a whole season? Beyond Pennington they are a pretty solid team. The additions of Jolley, Blaylock and Coles will help them right away.
They did help the D in the Draft and with FAs. The loss of Jason Ferguson will be felt the most. Sione Pouha could help fix that quickly.

Patriots: Players they added that will have solid positive impact. David Terrell he finds himself in a place where he is not expected to be the go to guy. He has already shown positve work. Duane Starks and Chad Scott If all they are is backups it is a major improvment over Earthwind Moreland (or as he was called in NE, Breakwind) Ty Poole will likely be gone as he is old slow and worn out. Troy brown as a CB? ok it was fun to see but really did it scare anyone.
They also Added Ellis Hobbs, and James Sanders in the Draft. And the late season pickup Hank Poteat ,with a TC and time to learn the Pats D will be a very good addition. As for the loss of Keith Traylor... Come on guys The Rookie Wilfork caught on to the system 3 times faster than Traylor did. He is only 6'2" 340 is just plain fat and he is slow.

OK lets look at the Fins: Ronnie Brown was a real nice pick in the draft. And its a good thing. No one really expects (Rickie The wierd) to play much if at all for you this season. Crowder between his knees and staying out of trouble with the law is short term help at best. Vonnie Holliday can't stay healthy enough to help all that much. Tebucky Jones are you Sh***** me? Dumber than a box of rocks that sums him up best. Your O-line still is under talented and unproven. McKinney seemed lost at times last season. Jeno James is and always has been a weak link on any O-Line. McDougle takes to many plays off so he gets beat alot. Carey just doesn't seem to get it he may look good in mini camp. But when they start hitting for real he will be no place to be found again. Saban need to be given two full seasons to right that ship. Then you can start thinking about playoffs.

I dont think so... I KNOW so...every year i root for them to make it to the playoffs and every year i expect them to make it...thats jus my mentality...thats my team man

I am sorry to say it but anyone who said yes is a homer, plain and simple

i dont see how you can make the playoffs when you will be last in the AFC EAST.

DonShula84 said:
I dont want to say no because anything can happen, and Im a homer, but Im not expecting it and wont be shocked if it doesnt happen

Took the words right outta my mouth.

Mr. Right said:
I am sorry to say it but anyone who said yes is a homer, plain and simple

So you're saying that the Jills won't make it either right? We have just as good a chance as you guys do. I look forward to seeing Loserman choke the Jills season away. :rolleyes:

I honestly don't think they are. I'm thinking 8-8 at this point. However, it seems like every season there is a team who had a terrible record the previous year and ends up going to the play-offs the following year. So it will be interesting to see what happens.

Wagon Circler said:
I would be eating a lot of crow if this actually happens. I think there is no way the fins make the playoffs in this ultra competitive division of this ultra competitive conference.

Care for some salt and pepper for your meal? :eating:

:lol:

After a 4-12 season I am trying to be optomistic with Nick's new system, and the addition of RB and many new players and coaches. I think 7-9 or 8-8 is realistic......a playoff spot would be great, but I would not be upset if we didn't get there in Nick's first year, especially considering our schedule. I just don't want to see us lose our first 6 or 7 in a row like last year. Hopefully we can start things off nicely with a win over Denver in game 1. It is going to take some time for the new system to gel. My hopes are that we finish ahead of the Bills or Jets...I don't see us finishing ahead of the Pats but hopefully we can beat them again like last year....that game made my whole year. :)

DID SOMEBODY SAY BEER?
ITS OK GANG MERCURY 40 IS HERE , SO WHERE IS THE STRIPPERS AND WHERE IS THE KEG ? SORRY TO DISAPOINT EVERYBODY BUT FROM THE STANPOINT OF OUR QB SITUATION I SAY WE ARE A 6- 7 WIN TEAM BUT IF THE BRILLIANT MINDED QBS COME TO LIFE WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO SHAKE SOME ORANGES FROM THE OLE APPLE TREE I MEAN ORANGE TREE.;)

I dont no about this year but i do think we will make the playoffs in the next 2 or 3 years.Saban needs some time to get the players he wants.After that im hopeing we can be the franchise we have always been up until last year.I guess when you are great for so long u really forget how it feels to suck.Last year just sucked so bad.I cant see us being able to turn it around in 1 year and go to the playoffs.(The Panthers did it i no)I think we will be 7-9 or 8-8 this year but the future looks so brite right now that i can see where u could think we have a shot.Just wait our time is comeing soon.Give Saban some time.

I am only projecting the truth.
1. Miami - Will surpirise and come out victorious with an 10-6 record to win the Afc east.
2. Ny- will finish second in the division at 8-8.

3. Buffalo- will end up at 7-9 because of the young qb.

4.The pats will fall apart and show that the have fallen to the bottom and will not become competitive for another 5 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom