Who has improved the most in the AFCE? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who has improved the most in the AFCE?

The New Guy

Starter
Reaction score
Like the title says, who do you think has improved their team the most in the AFCE? I don’t remember all the moves, but here are the ones I do know:

Bills:

Losses:

1. OT Mike Williams
2. WR Eric Moulds
3. S Lawyer Milloy
4. DT Sam Adams
5. TE Mark Campbell
6. HC Mike Mularkey

Additions:

1. GM Marv Levy
2. HC Dick Jauron
3. LB Larry Triplett
4. RB Anthony Thomas
5. OL Aaron Gibson
6. WR Andre Davis
7. WR Peerless Price
8. OG Tutan Reyes
9. S Matt Bowen

Top addition through the draft:

1. Donte Whitner
2. CB Ashton Youboty
3. FS Ko Simpson

Dolphins:

Losses:

1. CB Sam Madison,
2. LB Junior Seau
3. S Tebucky Jones
4. QB Gus Frerotte
5. QB Sage Rosenfels
6. CB Reggie Howard
7. OT Stockar McDougle
8. CB Kiwaukee Thomas
9. RB Ricky Williams
10. S Lance Shulters
11. OC Scott Linehan
12. DC Richard Smith.

Additions:

1. QB Daunte Culpepper
2. QB Joey Harrington
3. OT L.J. Shelton
4. FB Fred Beasley
5. WR Kelly Campbell
6. CB Will Allen
7. CB Renaldo Hill
8. CB Andre Goodman
9. LB Sedrick Hodge
10. G Bennie Anderson
11. DC Dom Capers
12. OC Mike Mularkey

Top additions through the draft:

1. Jason Allen
2. Derek Hagan

Patriots:

Losses:

1. K Adam Vinatieri
2. OLB Willie McGinest
3. WR David Givens
4. RT Tom Ashworth
5. WR Tim Dwight
6. LB Matt Chatham
7. CB Tyrone Pool
8. TE Christian Fauria
9. DC Eric Mangini

Additions:

1. WR Reche Caldwell
2. CB Eric Warfield
3. S Tebucky Jones
4. LB Barry Gardner
5. K Martin Gramatica
6. DC Dean Pees

1. RB Laurence Maroney
2. WR Chad Jackson
3. K Steve Gostkowski

Jets:

Losses:

1. HC Herman Edwards
2. DE John Abraham
3. C Kevin Mawae
4. CB Ty Law
5. QB Jay Fiedler
6. OT Jason Fabini
7. FB Jerald Sowell

Additions:

1. HC Eric Mangini
2. OT Trey Teague
3. CB Andre Dyson
4. QB Patrick Ramsey
5. DE Kimo von Oelhoffen
6. LB Matt Chatham
7. WR Tim Dwight

Top additions in the draft:

1. LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
2. C Nick Mangold
3. QB Kellen Clemens

I believe that the Dolphins have done the best job at improving their team this offseason, and would rank the rest:

2nd. Jets
3rd. Bills
4th. Pats

What do you guys think?

Look at the guys the other 3 teams lost, then look at ours. Everyone on our list (except Williams and Schulters) are gone because they couldn't perform. The Pats lost huge peices and didn't really get any one big. Miami BY FAR improved the most just by getting Daunte. Rebuilding the secondary is going to be huge too. This question is a no doubter!

I would go for the Phins too.

C-Pepp gives the Phins a premier QB for the first time since Marino retiring and he alone upgrades the offense.

The Jets have also upgraded in key area's and are on the up. The Bills, IMO, are stagnant. The Pats have quietly solidified.

Whenever a team adds a good QB after not having one, you have to think that team improved the most.

I do feel the Dolphins got worse on defense though, atleast in terms of experience.

The Bills didnt do much on paper. They signed a bunch of second tier free agents. That never looks good on paper. Our draft was good when you look at it as a whole, but not good if you look at value, but really that doesnt make any sense. Out of our 1st 5 picks we got 4 guys that some had rated in the 1st.

Our offense should be better with Steve Fairchild running it. He brought over the Rams system. He is supposed to be Martz jr. I hope so.

The biggest thing the Bills did was get younger and very fast at every position. They also will have their best player comming back after missing almost all of last season. Spikes is looking good right now practicing.

McGahee has come to camp 10lbs -12lbs lighter and wants to get even lighter by the season, so hopefully we get some of the explosion he had in college.

DaBills4life said:
Whenever a team adds a good QB after not having one, you have to think that team improved the most.

I do feel the Dolphins got worse on defense though, atleast in terms of experience.

The Bills didnt do much on paper. They signed a bunch of second tier free agents. That never looks good on paper. Our draft was good when you look at it as a whole, but not good if you look at value, but really that doesnt make any sense. Out of our 1st 5 picks we got 4 guys that some had rated in the 1st.

Our offense should be better with Steve Fairchild running it. He brought over the Rams system. He is supposed to be Martz jr. I hope so.

The biggest thing the Bills did was get younger and very fast at every position. They also will have their best player comming back after missing almost all of last season. Spikes is looking good right now practicing.

McGahee has come to camp 10lbs -12lbs lighter and wants to get even lighter by the season, so hopefully we get some of the explosion he had in college.

Spikes will boost the defense a lot. Don't forget though that the fins still have the same Dline that was 2nd in sacks last season. The secondary is still a question but it shouldn't be any worse at least. the Bills still need a QB and I think the Jets will have problems there too. Ramsey might turn out ok but I can't see Chad ever doing anything again. The Patriots will contend because they have Tom Brady and they are the Patriots. They'll miss Vinatieri though.

Call me crazy but its still to early to tell, anything can happen between now and in August when TC begins.

The New Guy said:
Like the title says, who do you think has improved their team the most in the AFCE? I don’t remember all the moves, but here are the ones I do know:

Bills:

Losses:

1. OT Mike Williams
2. WR Eric Moulds
3. S Lawyer Milloy
4. DT Sam Adams
5. TE Mark Campbell
6. HC Mike Mularkey

7. Bennie Anderson

Additions:

1. GM Marv Levy
2. HC Dick Jauron
3. LB Larry Triplett
4. RB Anthony Thomas
5. OL Aaron Gibson
6. WR Andre Davis
7. WR Peerless Price
8. OG Tutan Reyes
9. S Matt Bowen

Top addition through the draft:

1. Donte Whitner

1a. John McCargo

2. CB Ashton Youboty
3. FS Ko Simpson

Dolphins:

Losses:

1. CB Sam Madison,
2. LB Junior Seau
3. S Tebucky Jones
4. QB Gus Frerotte
5. QB Sage Rosenfels
6. CB Reggie Howard
7. OT Stockar McDougle
8. CB Kiwaukee Thomas
9. RB Ricky Williams
10. S Lance Shulters
11. OC Scott Linehan
12. DC Richard Smith.

Additions:

1. QB Daunte Culpepper
2. QB Joey Harrington
3. OT L.J. Shelton
4. FB Fred Beasley
5. WR Kelly Campbell
6. CB Will Allen
7. CB Renaldo Hill
8. CB Andre Goodman
9. LB Sedrick Hodge
10. G Bennie Anderson
11. DC Dom Capers
12. OC Mike Mularkey

1. Jason Allen
2. Derek Hagan

I corrected a couple of errors: the Bills "lost" Bennie Anderson and their second 1st round draft pick was John McCargo. I think both are significant.

A lot of draftniks don't like McCargo, but he will be in the defensive tackle rotation in the Tampa 2-style defense the Bills will run, so a lot is riding on him. If he learns fast, the defense improves fast. If he struggles, the Bills will probably have to score a lot of points to win games, but if he's got a shorter learning curve, wins become easier.

That the Bills felt good enough about the new FAs, last year's holdovers, and the current rookies to cut Bennie loose before the mandatory minicamp is a good sign for Bills fans because it means that Bennie wouldn't have made the team.

That the Fins picked Bennie up would not necessarily be a bad sign for Miami because Bennie can probably supply good depth, especially for a run oriented team. The big warning light that went off, however, happened a little earlier when the Fins swapped out Hadnot and Mckinney between right guard and center, and the "weakest link" isn't Hadnot. If Fat Bennie provides serious competition for McKinney, then the Fins oline is not nearly as good as advertised.

TheU said:
Bennie is a LG not a RG also.

Bennie is a RG. He played LG in Buffalo last year, and maybe that contributed to his poor play, but Baltimore let him walk in FA when they didn't have anybody on their roster proven to be better. That should tell you that Bennie ain't the best.

Kinzua said:
I corrected a couple of errors: the Bills "lost" Bennie Anderson and their second 1st round draft pick was John McCargo. I think both are significant.

A lot of draftniks don't like McCargo, but he will be in the defensive tackle rotation in the Tampa 2-style defense the Bills will run, so a lot is riding on him. If he learns fast, the defense improves fast. If he struggles, the Bills will probably have to score a lot of points to win games, but if he's got a shorter learning curve, wins become easier.

That the Bills felt good enough about the new FAs, last year's holdovers, and the current rookies to cut Bennie loose before the mandatory minicamp is a good sign for Bills fans because it means that Bennie wouldn't have made the team.

That the Fins picked Bennie up would not necessarily be a bad sign for Miami because Bennie can probably supply good depth, especially for a run oriented team. The big warning light that went off, however, happened a little earlier when the Fins swapped out Hadnot and Mckinney between right guard and center, and the "weakest link" isn't Hadnot. If Fat Bennie provides serious competition for McKinney, then the Fins oline is not nearly as good as advertised.

Thanks! I tried to remember everyone, but there is just too many. As for our O-line; I think any time you can add a player, it is a good thing. It provides competition, and get players playing at their best. I thought our O-line played well last year, and we have all 5 starters back this year, with some new guys. I trust that Hudson Houck will have the best 5 guys on the field.

By the way, you never said who had improved their team the most.

PatsSuck456 said:
Did he play RG at Buffalo as well?

No, but most of his starts for Baltimore came at RG.

Back
Top Bottom