Who has improved the most in the AFCE? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who has improved the most in the AFCE?

MrTibbs said:
Now with all that said who will win the division.......................?

LMAO the Patriots, LOL.

I'll second that. At this point its all speculation as to who improved the most. I do know the team that needed to improve the least was the Patriots, But then again everyone likes to question the pats rookies and how much they'll contribute. The Dolphins have just as many question marks with their new additions mainly culpepper. Will he ever be a truely mobile QB again and how about his problem with fumblitis? Can Saban really succeed with a DC and OC that are forced to use his scheme? Will Marcus Vick be the cancer to the dolphins like he was in college? See nobody has the perfect team and none of us are going to know how all these new players fit their new teams until they actually play the games. If some message board poll makes you feel better now the more power to you I just would get my heart set on all of it being true.

The Dolphins have just as many question marks with their new additions mainly culpepper. Will he ever be a truely mobile QB again and how about his problem with fumblitis? Can Saban really succeed with a DC and OC that are forced to use his scheme? Will Marcus Vick be the cancer to the dolphins like he was in college?

There are some questions surrounding some of the Dolphins new addition, but I don’t think there are near as many questions as there are for the Pats, Jets, and Bills. Culpepper coming back from his injury is a big one, but so far everything looks good. Other than that the only other question for me is will Ronnie Brown be able to handle the full load. (I think he will) All the other signings are guys that are clear improvements to the team IMO.

There are some questions about guys like Poole and Allen coming back from injuries who I think will affect our secondary, but I think we will be improved even if those guys don’t pan out. If they do, it just makes the secondary that much better.

The Pats have to wonder if their rookie kicker will be able to replace an all pro kicker. They have to wonder if a rookie WR can take the place of a solid #2 receiver. They have to wonder if Beisel, or some other LB can step up and take the place of Vrabel (who will be replacing McGinest). There is also concern about key guys that are coming back from injury (Dillon, Harrison, Koppen, Light). The back up QB spot is a big question mark as well.

I do think the Pats will sign some guys that will improve their team, (maybe Tye Law, Kevin Johnson) but at this point, I think it is clear that the Dolphins have gained the most ground.

Now, does that mean that off-season improvement equates to success in the season? Not always, but my question was who has improved their team the most; and looking at it strictly from an off-season stand point, it is clearly the Dolphins. If Gostkowski comes in and makes the clutch kicks, and Jackson turns out to be the next Randy Moss, then cleary it would have to be the Pats.

The difference to me is the guys the Dolphins are relying on to make a difference to the team are guys that have played at a high level in the NFL before. You never know how a rookie kicker and a rookie WR will do.

Seems rather obvious the Phins leaped ahead this off-season, no way anyone else improved the way we did, at the cost we did. Call me a homer but that's my opinion.

In Saban We Trust!

Back
Top Bottom