Who has seen the "Make A Wish Foundation" series on ESPN this past week? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who has seen the "Make A Wish Foundation" series on ESPN this past week?

DolphinDevil28

I like boobs.
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Man, I tell ya, if that didn't bring a tear to your eye, I don't know what will.

I shed a small tear on the last one.

They showed the poor kid with sickle cell anemia who is a huge Eagles fan. He got to be an honorary Eagles assistant coach for a day at practice and meet Donovan McNabb, Javon Kearse, Jon Runyan, Andy Reid, etc...
What an experience for him.

Great kid.

Then, they showed a little girl who has brain cancer who is a huge Seattle Mariners fan.
She got to run out on SAFECO field and meet players.
Good for her.

Then the latest story, the one that aired tonight, had a little boy with some kind of cancer (I can't remember what kind) who is a HUGE racing fan.
This is the one that actually jerked a rare tear from my eye.

His favorite driver is Jeff Gordon. What a cute little kid. The kind of kid you'd want to adopt.

Well, Gordon let him be his honorary Crew Chief. He let the kid sit in the driver's seat in his car.
Gordon let the kid wear the main pair of headstets that communicate with the ****pit of the car while he was driving.

Such inspirational stories.

They are such sad, yet happy stories at the same time.

Pro athletes can be such good people at times.

I'm happy these poor kids with terminal diseases got to live their dreams.

I have watched them all and will continue to, these stories are heartwarming and simply great to see.

And I have shed tears in all of them so far.

It's great to see the kids get their wish and see them smiling from ear to ear.

Rocky Raccoon said:
I have watched them all and will continue to, these stories are heartwarming and simply great to see.

And I have shed tears in all of them so far.

It's great to see the kids get their wish and see them smiling from ear to ear.

Exactly, Rocky.

Sometimes, people don't get what sports can be all about.

This is an illustration of that.

Good for all the athletes who have gone out of their way to make these kids happy.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Exactly, Rocky.

Sometimes, people don't get what sports can be all about.

This is an illustration of that.

Good for all the athletes who have gone out of their way to make these kids happy.

definately

aLL I have seen is the Mariners girl and the Eagles boy which other ones where there.

wow i have shed tears for all 3 of them and just shed them now reading over your post.

good to see athletes making wishes come true.

i've seen all of them so far. to see the smilies on there faces is amazing. when the little boy came running out of the wall, when he wasnt supposed to be there, the smilie on her fce was amazing.

good, the guys should do this for the poor kids.

I have seen them all. It's nice to see ESPN doing something to spotlight the good that athletes do instead of the Kobe Bryants and Barry Bonds. There are some phenomial players out there that realize all they have been given and in turn, give back. It's people like that I'm thankful for...

I remember last year when Charlie Weis let the little kid (i think he had cancer) call the first play of the game. I forget which game it was but Notre dame got the ball on their own 5 yard line and no one thought weis would call this little guy's play. He did call it and it went for a nice pick up. Weis said he never thought of not doing it because he made a promise. That is a stand up honorable guy. Go Irish!

I saw the previews for the last one, and man, I just couldn't watch it.

My heart goes out though. It's amazing what type of impact professional sports has on people's lives..

I love watching these things. They are always heart warming and I never could get enough watching them.

I think I have found a new higher respect towards Teddy. He seemed like he really enjoyed having Andrew around and he seemed pretty happy doing something nice for him.

I couldn't help but noticed a smile on my face during the whole time and it almost brought a tear to my eye.

Ace88 said:
I love watching these things. They are always heart warming and I never could get enough watching them.

I think I have found a new higher respect towards Teddy. He seemed like he really enjoyed having Andrew around and he seemed pretty happy doing something nice for him.

I couldn't help but noticed a smile on my face during the whole time and it almost brought a tear to my eye.
Agree'd

Back
Top Bottom