Who has seen the "Make A Wish Foundation" series on ESPN this past week? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who has seen the "Make A Wish Foundation" series on ESPN this past week?

I just saw the one with Todd Helton and the Rockies :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

god bless these people.

I will never say a bad word about Tedy Bruschi again as long as I live. My eyes weren't tearing up, it was just really dusty in my living room.

It's really nice what sport organazatons do for kids. They make their dreams come true. Thats really special.

phunwin said:
I will never say a bad word about Tedy Bruschi again as long as I live. My eyes weren't tearing up, it was just really dusty in my living room.

:rofl:

yea, mine too :tongue:

I was a Kobe hater, but I will never say another bad thing about him again after what he did for that little boy.

:crying:

i figured these segments were PR stunts that just last too long. really convient what great guys athletes are when there is a camera in front of them. (or when the league tells them to fullfil contractual obligations with make-a-wish.)

I'd rather hear news about the players / teams that are mentioned as often.

Rocky Raccoon said:
I have watched them all and will continue to, these stories are heartwarming and simply great to see.

And I have shed tears in all of them so far.

It's great to see the kids get their wish and see them smiling from ear to ear.

:yeahthat:

ive been watching these and they are great stories.im proud of these athletes being awsome to the kids

DolphinDevil28 said:
Man, I tell ya, if that didn't bring a tear to your eye, I don't know what will.

I shed a small tear on the last one.

They showed the poor kid with sickle cell anemia who is a huge Eagles fan. He got to be an honorary Eagles assistant coach for a day at practice and meet Donovan McNabb, Javon Kearse, Jon Runyan, Andy Reid, etc...
What an experience for him.

Great kid.

Then, they showed a little girl who has brain cancer who is a huge Seattle Mariners fan.
She got to run out on SAFECO field and meet players.
Good for her.

Then the latest story, the one that aired tonight, had a little boy with some kind of cancer (I can't remember what kind) who is a HUGE racing fan.
This is the one that actually jerked a rare tear from my eye.

His favorite driver is Jeff Gordon. What a cute little kid. The kind of kid you'd want to adopt.

Well, Gordon let him be his honorary Crew Chief. He let the kid sit in the driver's seat in his car.
Gordon let the kid wear the main pair of headstets that communicate with the ****pit of the car while he was driving.

Such inspirational stories.

They are such sad, yet happy stories at the same time.

Pro athletes can be such good people at times.

I'm happy these poor kids with terminal diseases got to live their dreams.

Yeah that was great

I find the whole thing insulting. The message ESPN is sending is.,...."Athletes will be nice to kids..., as long as your dying"

MikeO said:
I find the whole thing insulting. The message ESPN is sending is.,...."Athletes will be nice to kids..., as long as your dying"

Yeah, we should just run more steroid users, gang shootings, and drug use:rolleyes2 or maybe show some superstars comparing BMW's with rich kids? its a real nice feel good story for unfortunate kids, where's the problem w/ that?

MikeO said:

You always see the wrong side of everything. :shakeno:

The Samurai said:
You always see the wrong side of everything. :shakeno:

actually there have been a couple newspaper articles on this the past week or so with teh same opinon of me. Why not do this all the time for all kids.

SuavePhin said:
Yeah, we should just run more steroid users, gang shootings, and drug use:rolleyes2 or maybe show some superstars comparing BMW's with rich kids? its a real nice feel good story for unfortunate kids, where's the problem w/ that?

There is no problem with it, but its insulting. What, Kobe Bryant rapes a girl, but now because he plays with a dying kid for an hour he is a good guy???? Come on, its insulting! Make this a year round feature doing it with all kids (not just dying ones) and I have no problem with it.

Do it for 2 weeks where sports agents and PR guys can get their athletes some good, cheap, easy pub to make them look good......and its BS and insulting.

Back
Top Bottom