Who Has The Best...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Has The Best......

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
D-line in the Afc East. I would have to go with THe JEts at number 1 and the Fish At 2 any comments'

DE John Abraham
DE Shaun Ellis
DT Lance Legree
DT Dewayne Robertson

We have to be number 2

DE Jason TAylor
DE Vonnie Holliday
DT Keith Traylor
DT Kevin Carter

PAts i gotta rank em 3rd

DE Richard Seymour
DE Ty Warren
DT Vince Wilfork
DT Marquise HILL

And THe JILLS at number 4

DE Chris Kelsay
DE Aaron Schoebel
DT Sam Adams
DT Tim Anderson

i think its the best way how the teams are ranked

I agree with you dominizzo that the Jets would be first, even with the loss of Jason Ferguson, they still have a GREAT impressive Defensive line. As for us, we got frickin Jason Taylor and Kevin Carter yet some people have been downgrading our D-line too much I feel. Yes, DT is a major concern but Kevin Carter will prove to be a GREAT signing, rotating playing DT and DE and we also got Keith Traylor. People are over exaggerating how "Keith Traylor doesn't think he has anything left in the tank". Hell... he just needs to stay healthy... and as for not having any gas left in the tank, we didn't sign him to have gas in the tank, we signed him to BE THE TANK and clog up the middle and stop the run, and I feel that he was still a good signing regardless of what some people think. Vonnie Holliday also doesn't get much credit but he's definitely an upgrade over Jay Williams and maybe even David Bowens, I feel what makes him a good signing is, he gives us more DEPTH and we're not overpaying for him. We also have some good depth at D-line with Jeff Zgonina, David Bowens, Matt Roth, Dario Romero, Ronald Flemons and possibly even Kevin Vickerson. I'm trying to be as impartial as I possible can, and I feel that we do have A LOT to prove... so that is why I am ranking New England over us for now. My rankings are:

AFC EAST (Defensive Line)

1.) New York Jets
2.) New England Patriots
3.) Miami Dolphins
4.) Buffalo Bills

not that this would change the rankings but Ron Edwards is prolly going to be the starting DT not Tim Anderson.

WILLIS21 said:
not that this would change the rankings but Ron Edwards is prolly going to be the starting DT not Tim Anderson.
Yeah, that's definitely what I have been hearing as well. Ron Edwards isn't bad at all either. He was a great servicable backup, but the loss of Pat Williams will definitely hurt you guys.

I agree. Losing Pat Williams will hurt. However, the money the Vikings gave him(I believe 15 mill for 3 years) was too rich for our blood. Would have had ramifications on the salary cap over the next couple of years.

Jets
Pats
Dolphins
Bills

Having said that, I think the Jets, Dolphins and Pats all are in the top 5-7 in the AFC.

jets
pats
dolphins
bills

I think our d-line could potentially be better then the patriots, but right now our DT's are too big of a question mark to be ranker higher.

1-pats
2-jets
3-dolphins
4-bills

Lets face it, the Pats defensive line has proven time and again that they are a lot better than anyone thinks. Richard Seymour would get my vote as the best overall defensive lineman in the league right now. The Jets are very soft in the middle, with Dewayne Robertson not having lived up to his billing yet. But the Pats have strength throughout. Richard Seymour is a 6th overall pick that has panned out beautifully. Ty Warren is a 13th overall pick that has panned out really well. And, now Vince Wilfork is a 21st overall pick that played really well last year as he was allowed into the lineup. Marquise Hill was one of those guys (a lot like Crowder) who had the first round type talent, but question marks mentally that dropped him to the 3rd round (he's sort of bipolar).

The Pats have a 3-Man starting DL that is second to none in the AFC East, if you ask me.

Jets, dolphins, pats, bills

Dolphins have the best 2nd team DL though.

I hate the Pats more than anyone, but they have the youngest and best D-line in the AFC East.

painnotpleasure said:
Yeah, that's definitely what I have been hearing as well. Ron Edwards isn't bad at all either. He was a great servicable backup, but the loss of Pat Williams will definitely hurt you guys.

You do know he was a full time starter before Sam Adams became a bill...

Back
Top Bottom