Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do!

I hope we take Willis, Lamp or Njoku that's my big 3

Throw in Reddick but he won't be there

sounds good in theory...like someone else said, unless your bill belichick.

Dolphin defense is a mess, the trade off needs Lamp to be an immediate 8 year all-pro at Guard or it's probably another wasted opportunity.

Guard is just one of many issues Miami has on offense.

I think Jordan Willis, a premier, edge rusher will probably be sitting there at 22. Do we take Willis and grab a Guard in the 2nd or 3rd round or do we grab Lamp or Robinson at #22. I also think Watt, McMillan and a guy I love Jarrad Davis, will be there. If I'm Miami, in the first 2 rounds, I want a great defensive player and a plug and play Guard. I'm fine with Pocic, Feeney or Elflien in round 2 and Willis or Davis in round 1.

We need defense before we look at anything else. Our defense was a stinking pile of horse manure last year!!

And being 31st in 1st downs is a turd fest
as well as being 31st in converting 3rd downs

Maybe the defense was a huge problem but the offense
did the defense no favors by NOT sustaining drives

Guess who led the league getting stuffed at or behind the line of scrimmage?

Last edited by a moderator:
I want Lamp so bad its not even funny ... We need to establish good "Guard Play" for once, and Lamp would help GREATLY!!! If he is there at 22, we NEED to take him ... no questions asked!

I would be pleased with Lamp at 22, even more excited if we trade down and still get him in the late first round. The question I have is if we don't select Lamp in the first, then who is worthy of a plug and play pick for Gaurd in the 2nd or 3rd? I know that are some really good guards after Lamp, but there are at least a dozen other teams who could use a plug and play guard.

I think Jordan Willis, a premier, edge rusher will probably be sitting there at 22. Do we take Willis and grab a Guard in the 2nd or 3rd round or do we grab Lamp or Robinson at #22. I also think Watt, McMillan and a guy I love Jarrad Davis, will be there. If I'm Miami, in the first 2 rounds, I want a great defensive player and a plug and play Guard. I'm fine with Pocic, Feeney or Elflien in round 2 and Willis or Davis in round 1.

Willis is projected to be a second round draft selection.

. The question I have is if we don't select Lamp in the first, then who is worthy of a plug and play pick for Gaurd in the 2nd or 3rd? .

There are more but here is a partial list

DAN FEENEY

Started 46 games, including 41 at RG and the final five at RT.
“He was one of our more consistent players (in the draft),” said one scout.
“They ended up having to play him at tackle, and it was kind of an injustice to the kid.
He has the intangibles and the intelligence (Wonderlic of 29) to be a pretty good center.

ISAAC ASIATA who Made 32 starts at LG, seven at RG and four at RT.
“He’s all maul,” said one scout. “I love him. He always tries to kill guys.
He’s got a degree of athleticism. He just plays the game really tough.”
Led O-linemen on the bench press with 35 reps. Will turn 25 late in the season

DORIAN JOHNSON First All-American offensive lineman at Pitt since Ruben Brown in 1994.
“Two years ago, they ran more power and Dorian had a really good year,” said one scout.
“Last year they went to more motion spread with about 10 jet sweeps a game and it didn’t suit his game.
He’s more of a power scheme guy.” Started 42 of 51 games, including 39 at LG.
“He’s very smart (Wonderlic of 24),” said another scout. “He’s got really good length (35 ¼ arms).
His lower body scares the crap out of me. Weak.” Topped guards in broad jump (9-6) and hand size (10 7/8).

ETHAN POCIC
Versatility is the operative word. Started 27 games at center from 2014-16, nine at RG in 2014 and one at RT in ’16.
“He’s definitely smart enough to play all the positions so that enhances his value,” one scout said.
“You’d want him on your team because if somebody goes down he can flip and play another spot.
said another scout. “He’ll be a long-time interior player whether it’s guard or center.
He is tough, technically sound, aware. Smart player. Got an NFL body.” Won’t turn 22 until August. Wonderlic of 29.

PAT ELFLEIN

Elflein started 28 games at both guards in 2014-15 before making a smooth switch to center in ’16. “I’ve studied it at length,” said a second scout. “Believe it or not, I thought he played better last year (’15). I like him better at guard than center. He’s really tough and smart (Wonderlic of 21). He didn’t test well enough to go second round.” Top-shelf prep wrestler at Pickerington, Ohio. Two-time captain for the Buckeyes.

JORDAN MORGAN

Gene Upshaw Award winner as the top lineman in Division II. “He’s an athlete,” said one scout.
“It was mixed at the combine but he’d be an interesting mid-round guy. He’s light on his feet.”
Started 43 games at LT but projects more to center and guard.
“He was at the Senior Bowl and held his ownSounds like this guy is the same kind of guy
.” Longest arms of the centers (34 5/8). “Sleeper type kid,” a third scout said.
“He’s got a lot of up side. He’ll make it.”

I read some good scouting reports on him and his strength, basically saying once he gets his hands on you its over. Draft him and Elflein in the 3rd and the offense is complete and dominant. Maybe a good LB drops to pick 54.

The draft isn't about fixing the team this season...it is about building a better team going forward, I think people believe that adding a 1st round DE, LB, etc, automatically makes the D better, but you just don't know how quick their transition will be before they can have an impact. Stop looking at adding these players and what they can do for the team "this next season" and see how they can help going forward...adding top level talent will always help going forward, and Lamp is top level talent.

And being 31st in 1st downs is a turd fest
as well as being 31st in converting 3rd downs

Maybe the defense was a huge problem but the offense
did the defense no favors by NOT sustaining drives
That kind of sounds like our defense of production also.

If Lamp is available at 22, is trading down to pick up an extra pick or 2 a possibility? Not sure what the team needs are after 22.

Back
Top Bottom