Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do!

also I know our defense was really bad last year and this draft alone is not going to make them a top 10 defense, but we really need to take the bpa with our first pick in any draft, outside the obvious positions, and take need from 2nd round on

Why oh why can't we just roll out Tanne? Is it not evident how amazing he is rolling out? I think he throws the ball better on the move than from the pocket. Stupid statement yes but every ridiculous throw I've seen him make is on the move or rolling out. Move the guy and help the line not only because it helps the line but because HES A MONSTER AT IT.

I will never fully love Gase until he starts rolling out Tanne more than a measly 3 times a game. Dont get it twisted. I really, really, really like Gase. Ive even proposed. But i aint setting the wedding date until he starts rolling out a QB who can be dangerous putting it in the air on the move and just as dangerous pulling it down and getting around the DE into some open space.

Roll = Help our OL

and rolling out will help jtrain how? still need guards to open holes in the running game

Do we lack that much confidence in Larsen?

He signed a 3 year dirt cheap deal. Even Larsen has no confidence in his ability to be an NFL starter

I'm a fan of Lamp, but seriously hope this team goes Defense as much as humanly possible in this draft, especially in the early rounds.

This team's defense was horrific for much of last year. It needs a major influx of talent.

I like Lamp and am getting used to the idea of drafting oline early and defense the rest of the way.... But take a look at Cam Robinson before you get excited about Lamp. Pass blocks just as well and is bigger and stronger then lamp. Could move inside and then switch to RT if we let James go in the next offseason. Just an idea but I actually like Robinson more then lamp. Watch the Alabama vs texas a&m video and Cam owns Myles Garrett for the whole game. He just keeps the "#1" pick this year in check. Im ok with Lamp but would be thrilled with Cam Robinson

and rolling out will help jtrain how? still need guards to open holes in the running game

The OL was not the primary reason Ajayi was a beast last year. Heck, the line was playing just slightly above average when they finally got healthy.

Having said that, imagine the damage he would do behind the Cowboys.

I dont expect a rookie OT coming in to play OG making a significant difference on Aj's production which was earned mostly on broken tackles as opposed to open holes.

And you cant ride the train from behind the turnstile. You give up a huge lead and now Ajayi is obselete.

Ask yourself this, when was the last time you felt comfortable with a lead going into the 4th quarter? We could be up 21, and you fans out there know what Im talking about, your mindset is not we got this its please dont fk this up.

I like Lamp and am getting used to the idea of drafting oline early and defense the rest of the way.... But take a look at Cam Robinson before you get excited about Lamp. Pass blocks just as well and is bigger and stronger then lamp. Could move inside and then switch to RT if we let James go in the next offseason. Just an idea but I actually like Robinson more then lamp. Watch the Alabama vs texas a&m video and Cam owns Myles Garrett for the whole game. He just keeps the "#1" pick this year in check. Im ok with Lamp but would be thrilled with Cam Robinson

Cam Robinson is and will be a LT. No need to move on from our only other competent lineman in James either. That only creates an unnecessary hole and doesn't address the interior area of need.

in this class....this year....

you don't want to spend your #22 overall pick on a guard

The 2013 & 2014 Cowboys would kindly disagree with you....

The 2013 & 2014 Cowboys would kindly disagree with you....

I always get a kick out of this sort of lazy finger pointing towards the Cowboys somehow justifying our teams drafts because it highlights 2 inescapable conclusions.

1) Why do people point to the Cowboys? Because theres no other team they can point to (well, maybe, the Titans, provided you only count this past season). Despite the fact that offensive lineman have long been coveted in the draft and their demand has arguably only increased in recent years, 31 other teams haven't been able to duplicate those results. And its not like they haven't tried. Take, oh i don't know, this team for example. We've spent 4 first round picks, a 2nd round pick, three third round picks, a couple of late round picks, and +100 million dollars on that line the last couple of years and all people want to do is use a 5th first round pick on it. As if the NFL will send us a Lombardi trophy the minute we hand in our draft card with Lamp's name on it. Which leads me to the second point...

2) For all the lavish praise that is heaped upon Dallas their experiment ultimately hasn't worked. What have they won with that impenetrable wall of awesomeness? A wildcard game. Thats it. And in that same time span they lost their quarterback. How? To repeated injuries. You know, the thing offensive lines are supposed to help prevent. The Cowboys are a Dak Prescott selection away from being mocked. And remember: they tried their hardest to avoid Prescott. They tried to trade up for Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook. Unique circumstances and sheer blind luck saved them.

Much like building their line. It was unique circumstances that led to Tyron Smith agreeing to be ridiculously underpaid. Just like it was sheer blind luck (for the team) that a talented guard prospect went undrafted and was available for them to sweet talk.

But no harm in their experiment i suppose. I mean, sure, they are absolutely desperate for pass rushers after dumping their resources on the line and run game, but its not like they missed out on anyone. Just scrubs like JJ Watt. It's not like he would have helped them.

He's a serviceable patch that I'm willing to live with for a year, maybe two, so we can hopefully and finally address the defense.

Not disagreeing with what you said, but I am guessing that if the Dolphins are happy with Larson and Bushrod at OG, and possibly a late round OG, then we are probably going to run a lot of zone with a smattering of power added in just to keep the defenses honest. Otherwise, if the plan is to run more power then we would probably need to draft Lamp or another one of the top rated OG's who can do both because zone OG's can be found later in the draft. Is that correct?

Right now my hopes are that Reddick, Lamp or Willis will be the pick. Making our line more of a strength with Ajayi running the ball 20 times a game is just one more way of helping our defense.

Back
Top Bottom