Who is going to watch Hard Knocks? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is going to watch Hard Knocks?

lol, and how does watching something Jets related discount that loyalty?

Would you not watch the Jets vs Pats on a sunday night just because your a Dolphin fan?

I wouldn't watch the JESTS and PATSIES play UNLESS the outcome put the Fins into the playoffs. Otherwise, I would pray for the game to be a 0-0 tie with each team totalling 9 yards of offense, Tom Brady breaks his leg, Wes Welker catches West Nile, Bill Belichik is hooked up to a lie detector and asked questions about his sex life, Jason Taylor is flagged every play for dancing in the huddle, Revis Landfill is ejected for wanting more than stats for an interception, and Mr. Fat Bucket gets put in a straight jacket and forced to wear a hat that hangs roast beef in front of his mouth JUST out of his reach.

Guess I could have been more specific.

I have discovered the cause of "Homerism". It has nothing to do with loyalty to any one team. It has more to do with what a fan sees and experiences.

When a fan limits himself to watching only their favorite team's games it leaves very little to judge that favorite teams players against.

In the mind of the "Homer" the favorite team's players are the best in the league because they are the only players that the "Homer" really gets to see.

In comparison the "Homer" views every other team's players as less valued than his.

I call it "John Beck Syndrome".

"Lead the league in f- wins?" - who is this guy?

It's a pretty noble message. He's effectively saying he doesn't care about leading the league in yards, scoring or any of those other measures that stat junkies (myself included, I do play fantasy football ;)) care about. The only one that matters is wins.

What's wrong with that?

Back
Top Bottom