Who is the best fit WR in 2021 class for Tua? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the best fit WR in 2021 class for Tua?

clutch

Active Roster
Reaction score
I think current WRs are very good contesting balls, but Tua need open, catch, and go type receiver.
Apparently Devonta Smith must be good fit, Im curios who else?

Ja'Marr Chase is the top WR in the early rankings and would fit any offense.

But it looks to be another very strong group so hopefully the Fins won't take a WR too high.

I would be looking for WR and RB in Round 2 next year.

Question I keep asking myself now is even though I was very high on Parker and Preston Williams in college I’m not sure the fit with Tuas skillset is there, Tua needs precise route runners, quick cutters, I’m just not 100 percent that Williams Parker and especially Gesicki are the right types of receivers, I don’t know maybe I’m over thinking it.

Question I keep asking myself now is even though I was very high on Parker and Preston Williams in college I’m not sure the fit with Tuas skillset is there, Tua needs precise route runners, quick cutters, I’m just not 100 percent that Williams Parker and especially Gesicki are the right types of receivers, I don’t know maybe I’m over thinking it.

Actually think just the opposite. One of Tua's biggest assets is pinpoint accuracy at all levels. He's a guy who can put a ball just where it needs to be more than most passers.

Two receivers that I also like are Reggie Roberson of SMU and Demetris Robertson of Georgia would be nice additions. Robertson fills a Kenny Stills like mold, he wouldn't be a number 1 receiver but he can stretch defense and make a few plays with his speed.

I like Ja’marr Chase I know he will probably be a top 10 or even top 5 pick but I really like this dude. I would be extremely happy if we somehow got him in the draft next year.

IMO, Ja’Marr Chase was the best WR in college football this past season and would have been the top WR in this past draft had he been able to declare.

He’s the top guy heading into 2021 right now.

That said, Devonta Smith is also a guy I really like and always has great chemistry with Tua.

Justyn Ross and Chris Olave are players I’ll be following closely, along with Warren Jackson of CSU.

There’s lots of talented WR besides them, but those are the draft eligible guys I like a lot.

Actually think just the opposite. One of Tua's biggest assets is pinpoint accuracy at all levels. He's a guy who can put a ball just where it needs to be more than most passers.
I understand that and agree he can pinpoint the ball, I just hope our receivers can keep up with the kid, he’s ready to throw so fast, and the release is so fast..

Yeah, you are over thinking it. Tua doesn’t have to have exactly what u are saying. He has the uncanny ability to adjust to the receiver. His precision and timing makes up for many of those types of deficiencies. However, Preston Williams and Gisecki are good route runners.

Yeah, you are over thinking it. Tua doesn’t have to have exactly what u are saying. He has the uncanny ability to adjust to the receiver. His precision and timing makes up for many of those types of deficiencies. However, Preston Williams and Gisecki are good route runners.
Gesicki is not a precise route runner imo...

and I do know that he can adapt, him adapting is not what I’m talking about..all Good, I’ll just wait and see, no sense getting to deep on the topic.

I know what you are saying. Tua prefers the relaxed setting where the route is well practiced with the timing and separation dependable. He can vary the pass perfectly based on how the play evolves, hitting the receiver perfectly in stride.

Parker and Williams played to Fitzpatrick's strengths because he'll either wing it kamikaze style or throw up a jump ball. Neither one is Tua's preferred repertoire, at least not that we've seen.

I might be underselling Williams and separation. He did show it several times, along with dropping some of them. That was no big deal, BTW. They deserved mention but I thought it was overblown regarding future likelihood.

Williams' separation seems to be more one-gear than quick cuts.

I don't know what to think of Gesicki. Weird frame and weird player. He's good for a few plays per game. I'm not sure it matters who the quarterback is.

I was thrilled with the Malcolm Perry pick for exactly this reason, that he has the same type of skill set as some of the Alabama guys. His instant separation is similar to Jeudy's and should lead to some gorgeous connections with Tua. Of course, I am projecting based on watching Perry with the ball compared to Jeudy bursting clear without the ball. I'm willing to risk it. That elusiveness is so rare with Perry. I just hope the Dolphins are bright enough to use him as running back and not wide receiver. The only thing that briefly derailed my excitement over the pick was when the ESPN screen was listing Perry as wide receiver. I'm going to relax and give Flores more credit than that.

Back
Top Bottom