Who is the best fit WR in 2021 class for Tua? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the best fit WR in 2021 class for Tua?

Two receivers that I also like are Reggie Roberson of SMU and Demetris Robertson of Georgia would be nice additions. Robertson fills a Kenny Stills like mold, he wouldn't be a number 1 receiver but he can stretch defense and make a few plays with his speed.
Yeah I really like Reggie Roberson, looks like he has a ton of speed and could potentially replace Jakeem.

Tua likes to get the ball out quick, even on deeper routes. You better be where you're supposed to be. He prefers fast receivers that can run, create separation early, and run after catch. Must be precise route runners that can defeat press coverage with their foot release and understand spacing.

Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Rondale Moore, Rashod Bateman, Ja'Marr Chase, Tylan Wallace, Dazz Newsome, Chris Olave.

Yo Patchy, I watched the natl champ game and the kid is pretty good with high balls
so what you say re DVP and Preston! Add Gesicki in the equation too!

But yeah your take seems to be the base reference. But the kid can attack in more than one way yes?

I'm looking at things thinking a slot monster would be essential with Tua.

Stinking thinking or you think yes?

Be nice! I'm dealing with my "cycle" BTW!

:lol:

If this applies to my comment, I want to be clear, I'm not saying he can't or won;t throw to Parker & Preston, I'm just wondering if these other guys' speed is a better match for Tua's gifts. His accuracy and ability to look and throw receivers open, seems to line up great with speedy guys.

With Smith and Jeudy especially, it's more about route running, separating, and being where they're supposed to be. The speed is the cherry on top. Grant and Wilson don't excel in those areas.

Yeah I really like Reggie Roberson, looks like he has a ton of speed and could potentially replace Jakeem.

I think Roberson is the better prospect, but I think Robertson is even faster. There might be a few sup 4.3 wrs in next year's class. That would be nice for Miami would be looking for a number 2 or 3 type of receiver and wouldn't need to invest a 1st round pick, just a day 2 or day 3 pick on someone to stretch defence, provide depth and maybe be a project for a larger role down the line.

I would think run after the catch ability would be important since one of Tua's strength's is hitting guys in stride on crossing type patterns and getting them the ball in a hurry with his quick, accurate release.

Having guys who are dangerous when you hit them in stride should be at the top of the list.

I think we're fine on the boundary with Parker and Williams going forward, but the guy i like is Justyn Ross if he comes out.

Talent wise he may be the best wide receiver in next year's draft class, his issues are between the ears. Seeing first hand the animal Parker became when he got going, i hope the Dolphins wouldn't pass up on Ross.

I think current WRs are very good contesting balls, but Tua need open, catch, and go type receiver.
Apparently Devonta Smith must be good fit, Im curios who else?
We would love to get Ross from Clemson in the first round or Chase, we feel like you cant go wrong with either of those. for our 2nd receiver getting a guy like Rondale Moore from Purdue would be ELITE

I agree with @RobertHorry that Preston will be a favorite target for Tua. That man runs precise routes.

But to answer the OP question...Any WR from Bama :lol:

Give him Smith or Waddle to add to DVP, Preston and Mike Getsexy and boom.

I think Jakeem Grant could see a resurgence with Tua at the helm...IF the pass protection begins to improve significantly.

You're not going to get much out of Grant unless you've got a QB with timing and anticipation, one who can layer the ball into the defense, and of course be accurate. That wasn't Ryan Tannehill. I could potentially see Fitzpatrick getting there, but the pass protection in 2019 wasn't even close so it's tough to say.

Fact of the matter is, if you watch his coaches tape, Grant gets free releases with quick feet all the time. And he creates separation with his speed all the time. You need the QB to get it to him, and you need the pass pro to hold up. Miami are in the process of trying to solidify the interior pass pro and that could go a long way.

1588348913121.png
1588349427313.png

I think it’s WR1 with one of the Rd1s next year.
Use the other on likely an OL need.

i dont. Unless dvp falls off significantly or Preston williams doesn’t take the expected leap.

although I will say if jamar chase is there come the first of our picks that will be hard to pass up.

for my money it’s jamar chase and then feirmuth if it’s offensive skill players in the 2021 draft at this stage

Last edited:
i dont. Unless dvp falls off significantly or Preston williams doesn’t take the expected leap.

although I will say if jamar chase is there come the first of our picks that will be hard to pass up.

for my money it’s jamar chase and then feirmuth if it’s offensive skill players in the 2021 draft at this stage

With regards to the WR room, man are we placing too much trust on Parker & Williams?
Parker - 5 years- 18 TDs.. 1x over 750 yards— 1x over 4 TDs... been a work ethic/ maturity issue since day 1. Great year last year. Tremendous talent.
Preston William- 8 games on his resume. UDFA. Can’t forget - UDFA for certain reason.

I expect we will be in that 13- 15 range with both picks. Looking at our roster, given our scheme, my most important areas of need: OL, DT, WR, RB, Edge.

Back
Top Bottom