Who is the better MLB? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the better MLB?

Yes I said that Zach plays with great players......He does you would think that his stats would drop because of someone already made the play...but they do not drop...

Yeah Ray does have better LB's helping him. In his style with the LB help that he gets he can play loose and wild. That is something that Zach does not have here in Miami. It seems that the Phins style of D requires to Zach to play a more toned down role.

As far as Rays brains lets not take it there... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
ray lewis had great, great talent around him during the super bowl run and played in a VERY strict marvin lewis system.....if his system was loose and wild then why did lavar arrington "struggle" with it? in theory wouldn't he have many of the same freedoms lewis had in the same system?

your story is littered with contradictions, too many for an effective argument......

Originally posted by Jason in LA
Damn Muck, don't get your panties in a bunch. I see it doesn't take much to get under your skin.

The hit on Ricky was helmet to chest. I'll find a picture of it and post it. It was a decleeter.

Ricky may have gotten 10 yards on the next play, but how many did he finish with? Nowhere close to his average. If it wasn't for your QB(Griese) throwing two picks in the 4th quarter of a game that the Broncos were leading, the Broncos would have won that game. I'm glad to say "your QB", and not mine. Funny thing, your QB(Griese) also threw the game away against the Dolphins two years ago.

What does FS Reese have to do with this? He's not a big hitter, Wilson is.

I do realize how old this thread is. What does that have to do with anything?

Look...players get hit no matter how big they are guys. Let's quiet about it now? Great :up:

Like he said. Ricky just got right back up.

Originally posted by Jason in LA
Damn Muck, don't get your panties in a bunch. I see it doesn't take much to get under your skin.

Here we go again. Another guy who got 0wned......then plays the "Calm down, I got under you're skin" card. Please. Was I typing in all caps?? This isn't your childish Broncos board. But it's nice to know that you're resorting to desperate "character" tatics so soon in the debate.

The hit on Ricky was helmet to chest. I'll find a picture of it and post it. It was a decleeter.

Who needs pictures when you've got video?? As I said before, it was an awesome hit. But Ricky never saw him coming. He had Ian Gold next to him Wilson came in from the side. As you can see on replay, Ricky actually opened up in reaction to Gold just before the hit. Would he not protect himself if he knew Wilson was coming?? :lol:

Ricky may have gotten 10 yards on the next play, but how many did he finish with? Nowhere close to his average.

Your point?? Denver has produced a great run defense the last few years. Excellent front seven. But that run defense got hammered in the red zone that night. Also, the play in reference came on a pass.

If it wasn't for your QB(Griese) throwing two picks in the 4th quarter of a game that the Broncos were leading, the Broncos would have won that game. I'm glad to say "your QB", and not mine. Funny thing, your QB(Griese) also threw the game away against the Dolphins two years ago.

Seriously, this is your response?? :lol: You're honestly just gonna sit there and say he threw INTs on his own?? :lol: JT was 0wning your LT and was all over Griese that night. I mean, it was like Pop Warner. And Wallay was killing your RT too. On the INT for TD, Griese was pressured by both DEs, hit on the throw by Wallay, and baited into the it by arguably the best CB in the NFL.

The other one was a quick timing pass. Rod Smith was supposed to go inside and shield the ball from Madison (another elite CB). When Griese was in his windup, Smith and Madison were engaged. When he released they were disengaging. Unfortunately for Brian, Sam Madison defeated Rod Smith and got to where Smith was supposed to be.

You can try and spin it all you like. But the fact is, we have a pretty darn good defense. And teams have a very difficult time throwing the ball against us. Denver was no exception. The two INTs were forced errors.

And you can keep making excuses all you want. But the fact is, BOTH teams missed opportunities to score. BOTH teams made mistakes. We just came out on top. Coulda...shoulda...woulda.. You lost. Fair and square. We earned our victory.

What does FS Reese have to do with this? He's not a big hitter, Wilson is.

I was asserting that if Ricky and Wilson met man up in the hole, Wilson wouldn't be knocking anyone down...because Ricky can lay the lumber....and that Izell Reese could attest to that. Not hard. It's all about understanding what you read as you go. Try and keep up.

I do realize how old this thread is. What does that have to do with anything?

You're lecturing people on things they said a year and a half ago. I mean, it was game week with the Ravens, January 2002. I especially love this gem:

I saw the comment about Shannon Sharpe. I guess who ever put that is just bitter because he dissed Marino.

Oh, where did you get that idea?? :huh:

Originally posted by dolfan87read the article

...and I would have to say Shannon Sharp is like a Seinfeld episode: a bunch of talk, with some humor thrown in, but it really is a show about nothing.

Shannon, I lost all respect for you the day you dissed Marino.

That is a quote from this very thread...which you claimed have read before going off on your tangent. Seems there's a theme developing here. :lol: And with that, I'm done.

I think that Kendrell Bell was a great LB., till he got hurt. If you compare Bell to Thomas, they both have the same amount of heart at that position.

"Yes I said that Zach plays with great players......He does you would think that his stats would drop because of someone already made the play...but they do not drop...

Yeah Ray does have better LB's helping him. In his style with the LB help that he gets he can play loose and wild. That is something that Zach does not have here in Miami. It seems that the Phins style of D requires to Zach to play a more toned down role.

As far as Rays brains lets not take it there... lol"

contradition and then stupid comment...... wow that post was a waste.

Nobody should be comparing Ray Lewis to anybody, much less Zach. Calling Ray the best LB in the league is not a slight to Zach, or anybody. It's just a testament to Ray Lewis' greatness.

When healthy Ray Lewis is the best LB in the game. Tackle stats can't measure a LB's worth. If that was the the case I think Jack Del Rio when he was with the Boys and Jessie Tuggle with the Falcons would be considered the greatest. They both put up huge tackle #'s.

Ray is better than Zach and why shouldn't he be. He's about 3 or 4 inches taller and how many pounds heavier. I think Zach might be better at covering TE's but Ray plays a different kind of pass protection. During their Super Bowl run how many times did you see Ray sneak his way into a passing lane and sometimes just knock the ball down or sometimes tip it up and cause a great opportunity for a turnover. Lewis has a chance to go down as 1 of the all time greats and there is no shame in Zach being rated lower than him.

Also ask yourself if Ray didn't have all the baggage and he and Zach made the exact same amount of money would you trade Zach for Ray straight up. I know I sure would.

I think Zach would too. Ray Lewis is a LB he really admires.

I'm reading the USA Today's Sport Weely and they just happen to be rating MLB's...They rate Lewis as #1 and Zach as #4 with Urlacher #2 and Keith Brooking of AtL. #3. On the outside..they have Spikes #5 and Seau #14..
They used 8 categories to rank them individually.
Speed, Acceleration, Strength, Awareness, Agility, Tackling, Toughness, and Change.

Best LB Units:
1. Pittsburg
2. Ravens
3. Bucs
4. Denver
5. Bills

It's a pretty interesting report, one of the most comprehensive I've seen in a long time..There's about 8 pages dedicated to the subject.

If Posey can repeat last years performance, I see us moving up into the #3 spot (BTW Tampa DOES NOT belong there.... Brooks is their only LB and if they are ranking LB CORPS they should be below the Bills and replaced by Washington.... Arrington, Trotter, Armstead.... that's a great bunch of guys)

well trotter is coming off a late season acl injury and armstead is one of the most overrated players around, his reputation is based on past performance....he is a shell of his former self....so in reality washington has only 1 super lb that you can really count on THIS year....when healthy trotter is a beast....

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
If Posey can repeat last years performance, I see us moving up into the #3 spot (BTW Tampa DOES NOT belong there.... Brooks is their only LB and if they are ranking LB CORPS they should be below the Bills and replaced by Washington.... Arrington, Trotter, Armstead.... that's a great bunch of guys)

They have Trotter on the rebound..stating that if he's plays like he did in Philly, that this group can move up..He tore his ACL last year and didn't perform as well for the money he received..Armsted is 33 and they think he's slowed from when he was with the Giants.

Damn Muck, I got under your skin so much that you had to respond to every sentence that I wrote. Man, get a life. Owned by what you said? I don't think so. You didn't say anything to get to me. Yeah, telling me to get off my high horse hurts so bad. I'm in tears. How can I show my face around here after that beat down?

I never told you to calm down. You can act like a little b**ch all you want for all I care. I don't see what the point is for that attempted beat down. A failed one at that.

Ricky got smashed and you are having a hard time dealing with it. I don't see why, your team won the game. It was a big time hit, but I would have rather the Broncos won the game.

If you want to say I'm making excuses because of Griese, than so be it. He's gone. I don't have to watch him get happy feet and throw it to a WR with two defenders infront of him. Or have to worry about CBs sitting on the slant because they know that's all he can throw. Didn't both of those things happen in the game in question? How about this one, I don't have to worry about Griese handing the ball to a pass rusher to avoid getting hit. Isn't that how Griese blew the game against the Dolphins two years ago? He's your problem now. Have fun.

Again, what does Reese have to do with anything? Why don't we ask every other defensive player in the league while we're at it.

I'm not lecturing anybody here. You are the only one that feels like that. Sounds like the problem is on you end. And I didn't bring this thread back from where ever it came from, so don't jump on me about it. Jump on who ever brought it back up.

Okay, go pull the thong out your butt so you can calm down long enough to quote every sentence that I wrote in this post.

Back
Top Bottom