Who is the better MLB? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the better MLB?

Moulds....you should join us for a Tail Gate party prior to the Buffalo game......we can talk about it then!

Kewl......are you coming to the game???...if so, sweet!

That'll double my pleasure. An @#$whooping for the Bills and their most pathetic fan in the same day.

It wouldn't get better than that.

Originally posted by ravensjeff
You guys are nuts. Do you really think anyone, let alone the NFL, wants to put Ray up on a pedestal? You see, that's what makes him so special- he did all this despite all the off-field problems.

There is a reason why he'll be the starting MLB in the Pro Bowl again. Just in case you forgot, pull out a copy of SB XXXV (I have a copy if you need one). Watch him play. He plays like this EVERY WEEK. That is why he'll be in Hawaii every year- NOT BECAUSE HE'S A FAN FAVORITE WHO DIDN'T REALLY EARN IT.

And he's did it like this since '95.

He is at best an accessory to murder
He brought on all the off field problems himself
He is a phenomenal athlete
He will end up a sad commentary on how money cant buy class or happiness

realistically ray lewis can do EVERYTHING zach thomas can do....but zach can NOT do everything lewis can do, and that is what makes lewis the BEST lb in the game, and the best i have ever seen personally.....

honestly, if a center can can out to block zach thomas he is rendered ineffective, this NEVER happens to lews because he is so good at shedding blockers......this is wh the argument is moot.....you can negate zach thomas a hell of a lot easier than you can negate ray lewis.....anybody who argues otherwise loves his team WAY too much! hahaha

Originally posted by aquaman
to think.. we could have had both but opted to draft Yatil Green vs Ray lewis.. ahh hind-sight.

Ray Lewis was drafted in '96. Yatil came out in '97. I think we got pretty good value 128 picks after Lewis.

Originally posted by Jason in LA
You homers on this board crack me up. Zack is one of the top MLBs, but he's nowhere near Ray Lewis. It's not even close.

If Ray and Zack were on the same team, Zack better move to the outside or he would be on the bench. Ray would have to be in the middle because of his sideline-to-sideline speed. That guy is all over the place.

Zack may be a good guy, but Ray has a Super Bowl ring. I'm pretty sure Raven fans wouldn't trade places with Dolphin fans. They are pretty happy with the Super Bowl victory that the Ravens got.

Since you guys are going to be homers, like me give props to Al Wilson, the MLB of the Broncos. I'm not about to say he's as good as Ray Lewis, I'm not that much of a homer, but he has worked himself into the argument. You guys saw first hand his hitting power when he laid out Ricky Williams. The guy is a beast. And he made the last two Pro Bowls. He's in the argument right now. If he keeps going to Pro Bowls, he will be known as one of the best in the game.

I saw the comment about Shannon Sharpe. I guess who ever put that is just bitter because he dissed Marino. I'm pretty sure you guys don't like him on a personal level, many fans don't. But you guys have to give credit where credit is due. He's one of the best, if not the best, TE of all time. Not many TEs can be considered difference makers. He is one of the few. He'll be going into the HOF with all the TE records. I'll take him and the two Super Bowls that he got with the Broncos over any other TE out there. If the Dolphins would have had a chance at him back in his prime, you guys would be jumping for joy to get him.

Oh shut up. Get off your high horse and stop acting like you're lecturing somebody on the status quo.

First of all, do you realize you're reading a thread that is 17 MONTHS OLD?? :rolleyes:

Secondly, I wouldn't say he laid out Williams. He got a REALLY good shot in....from the SIDE. Ricky never saw him coming. Therefore he was off balance. Big freaking deal. He got right up. Do you remember what happened on the very next play?? Ricky gained 10 yards.

If Al Wilson meets Ricky Williams straight up in the hole, he ain't gonna lay anybody out. Take that to the bank. Ricky Williams can flat out hit. Izell Reese can attest to that.

I also forgot to point out that that 10 yards Ricky got on the next play came on Al Wilson. Same play Jay Fiedler broke his thumb.

I am not a Ravens fan at all, but Ray Lewis is not only the best MLB in football, he is the best Linebacker in football, and probably the best defensive player in football. Maybe this is why NFL coaches overwhelmingly named him the most dominant player in the NFL.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6427963

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Muck, don't get your panties in a bunch. I see it doesn't take much to get under your skin.

The hit on Ricky was helmet to chest. I'll find a picture of it and post it. It was a decleeter.

Ricky may have gotten 10 yards on the next play, but how many did he finish with? Nowhere close to his average. If it wasn't for your QB(Griese) throwing two picks in the 4th quarter of a game that the Broncos were leading, the Broncos would have won that game. I'm glad to say "your QB", and not mine. Funny thing, your QB(Griese) also threw the game away against the Dolphins two years ago.

What does FS Reese have to do with this? He's not a big hitter, Wilson is.

I do realize how old this thread is. What does that have to do with anything?

Zach is a better player than Ray although Ray may be a better athlete. Zach has the field on lock down when he plays. He plays with other great players and still gets his stats. That is saying everything. Ray also has better help at the LB position. They both are GREAT PLAYERS!!!

The question is not who is better. It is who is better in their style of Defense?

Zach does everything that the Phins ask of him and then some. Zach is one of the slowest LB to play today. But he always to be in on the tackle. He seems to always guess the first step before it happens. I think that he has a better understanding of the game and the team concepts.

TOP 5 LB's
1) D. Brooks ~ Brooks is hands down the best in the game.
2) Z. Thomas ~ What more can you ask of one guy.
3) R. Lewis ~ Just seems to want to kill everyone on the field.
4) L. Arrington ~ WRONG SYSTEM all of the talent in the WORLD.
5) B. Urlacher ~ Another Zach just has the heart of a champion.

If Arrington was a BUC instead of Brooks. You would see better stats out of Arrington. He has all the tools to play any LB position. His speed is unmatched by any LB. He hits like a TANK. He is just in a system that does not know how to use a PLAYMAKER on the defensive side of the ball. He should be getting a lot more sacks and INT's. His leaping ability sometimes defies gravity.

ALSO chances are L. Arrington will be traded or cut next season. He is projected aroung 10+ mil vs. the cap. His numbers only grow from there. They redid his contract twice already. The scary thing is that next season maybe it is the JETS that are stealing the good players from the Skins.

zach thomas does NOT do everything he is supposed to do....he does not shed the center or guard when they get out to him.....ray lewis does this on REGULARITY.....

plus you contradicted yourself...you said that zach plays with great players and still gets his stats...then you say that lewis has better LBs around him....but lewis has equal if not better stats then zach year in year out.....ray lewis is also EVERYHERE on the field....has just as good if not better instincts then zach and has a world of athletic ability.....that is what seperates him from everybody, he has it all....brain, body, emotion, leadership, work ethic....he is the complete football player.....

brooks is great, but lewis is just on another level.....urlacher is a MUCH better athlete than zach....it isn't even a comparison, but urlacher has to prove he has zach's brain......

arrington "can" be one of the best ever.....but truth be told he is in a bad system for his skills.....but he is still very effective.....

Back
Top Bottom