Who said there's no respect? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who said there's no respect?

sbh1602

Playoffs? Playoffs?!
Reaction score
Of course the whole article screams it... but a single quote will do:

"I stand by my coach and I will back every word he says," defensive tackle Larry Chester said. "I don't care who stands up and challenges it. I'll tell them to bring it."
http://tinyurl.com/2vfn4

Sure... the players certainly DO NOT respect Wannstedt. Riiiiiiight...

sbh1602 said:
Of course the whole article screams it... but a single quote will do:

http://tinyurl.com/2vfn4

Sure... the players certainly DO NOT respect Wannstedt. Riiiiiiight...
Your going to find suckups on every team, players who aren't pro bowlers who realize they have to fight for their job every year and the coach makes the decision. Players like Larry Chester who was overweight last year.

I put more credence in various remarks made by the likes of Zach, Madison, JT, Ricky....etc etc...........statements that clearly question the philosophy of this coach. Yes in the end very few players will ever openly admit their true feelings and will fly the company banner when a Mic is pressed to their face, but the little remarks that slip out in frustration are telling.

BlueFin said:
Your going to find suckups on every team, players who aren't pro bowlers who realize they have to fight for their job every year and the coach makes the decision. Players like Larry Chester who was overweight last year.

I put more credence in various remarks made by the likes of Zach, Madison, JT, Ricky....etc etc...........statements that clearly question the philosophy of this coach. Yes in the end very few players will ever openly admit their true feelings and will fly the company banner when a Mic is pressed to their face, but the little remarks that slip out in frustration are telling.

How many years has Larry been a solid starter? I'd say his thoughts echo the whole teams feelings towards Wanny. He is by no means a weak link on this team and T-BO and Larry are two of the biggest reasons we can play the defense we do, who else can eat up blockers like those two to free up Zach to make plays?

BlueFin said:

This is why I posted the thread. Please, do tell what "little remarks that slip out in frustration" are so telling?

Also... why is Zach's opinion (or Madison's, JT's, Ricky's) far more valuable that Chester's?

sbh1602 said:
This is why I posted the thread. Please, do tell what "little remarks that slip out in frustration" are so telling?

Also... why is Zach's opinion (or Madison's, JT's, Ricky's) far more valuable that Chester's?
Dude, I don't have every article over the last few years where these remarks were made but I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who read them.

If it isn't clear to you by reading Chesters remarks that he's towing the company line.......... "I stand by my coach and I will back every word he says," defensive tackle Larry Chester said. "I don't care who stands up and challenges it. I'll tell them to bring it." ........c'mon, this is business and Wannstedt is his boss, I'm referring to comments by star players about Wannstedt's overly conservative approach, its well documented, of course everytime it happens the player gets called into the office and releases a statement contradicting himself the next day.....Wannsrtedt can't stand criticism

BlueFin said:
Dude, I don't have every article over the last few years where these remarks were made but I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who read them.

If it isn't clear to you by reading Chesters remarks that he's towing the company line.......... "I stand by my coach and I will back every word he says," defensive tackle Larry Chester said. "I don't care who stands up and challenges it. I'll tell them to bring it." ........c'mon, this is business and Wannstedt is his boss, I'm referring to comments by star players about Wannstedt's overly conservative approach, its well documented, of course everytime it happens the player gets called into the office and releases a statement contradicting himself the next day.....Wannsrtedt can't stand criticism
Of course, since the "star" players say it, it's true... a "non-star" player couldn't be speaking for the whole team...

BTW, I'm still waiting for some quotes.

Surely you can find them, you say yourself it's well documented... unless, of course, Wannstedt, who obviously can't stand criticism (gee, makes you wonder how he's survived in South Florida so long) erases the articles into oblivion...

Also, since you're such an insider, please, tell us what's going on with O-gun, why Danny quit, how are the rookies progressing in the eyes of the coaches, and who exactly are they penciling as the starting QB right now...

:shakeno: Chester is not speaking his "company line". He's pumped because his coach said something that had them excited about next season. That makes them crave for greatness. Something the likes of Shula and JJ did in their time.

And Chester (along with most of the defensive players, including - gasp - star players) is willing to support his coach through it. It's called respect.

BlueFin said:

What about Surtain and T.Bowens and others who stick by the coach, and Zach and JT also stick by him. What are you talking about. The only time anyone question sometime is when they're losing and they haven't lose a lot of games. I'm amaze at the record the past 10 years, most teams usually have atleast one 5 games or less losing season in that amount of time. So the know the coaching is solid, but I can't always say the players play is solid.

sbh1602 said:
Of course, since the "star" players say it, it's true... a "non-star" player couldn't be speaking for the whole team...

BTW, I'm still waiting for some quotes.

Surely you can find them, you say yourself it's well documented... unless, of course, Wannstedt, who obviously can't stand criticism (gee, makes you wonder how he's survived in South Florida so long) erases the articles into oblivion....
Here you go Champ..............

cornerback Sam Madison created a Super Bowl-week controversy when he criticized the coaching staff during an appearance on WQAM-AM (560). The three-time Pro Bowl selection ripped the team's defensive philosophy and criticizing the offense for not having "a killer instinct."

"We need to move things around and give people different (defensive) looks," Madison said. "If we do the same things in the offseason and training camp and later in the season, we're going to continue being that same great team that can never get over the hump."

Madison also blasted what he believes was conservative play-calling in the second half of the Dolphins' 27-24 overtime loss to New England. The Dolphins squandered two separate second-half leads of 11 points in missing the playoffs for the first time since the 1996 season.

"Each game on offense that we move the ball and score points, the defense responds by coming out and putting people away," Madison said. "When we played the first New England game, we completely destroyed those guys (26-13 in October). Our offense was clicking on all cylinders. In the second game, we destroyed them all game until we got to a point where it was kind of like, 'Let's motor it down.' "For the past four or five of seasons, it's nothing new. It's been the same way since I've been here. We always rely, rely, rely on our defense."

I'd love to see these articles of "lack of support for the Coach". If the players wanted him gone... he'd be gone. They are the reason he's still here. His record stands, he's a good guy, a good coach and a stand up leader. Take a look around the league, who's available that would do a better job? It's EASY to pile on the coach. Mark my words... bringing in a new coach would have KILLED this team.:bandwagon

So now go back and get the comments Madison made after that or even the comments from other team mates that blasted him and supported the coach.... They were remarkably different

JimsFins4 said:
I'd love to see these articles of "lack of support for the Coach". If the players wanted him gone... he'd be gone. They are the reason he's still here. His record stands, he's a good guy, a good coach and a stand up leader. Take a look around the league, who's available that would do a better job? It's EASY to pile on the coach. Mark my words... bringing in a new coach would have KILLED this team.:bandwagon
A) Read above as I posted Madison's criticism of the philosophy of the coaching staff.

B) The Dolphins made the playoffs three straight years prior to Wannstedt and have missed the playoffs the last two, so I'm a little confused about how a new coach would have killed this team as you put it?

JimsFins4 said:
So now go back and get the comments Madison made after that or even the comments from other team mates that blasted him and supported the coach.... They were remarkably different
Oh I see, so you think after Madison got reamed by Wannstedt the next day and backpeddled that the original commments were not his true feelings? I've read similar things from Zach and JT, READ BETWEEN THE LINES

I'm quite sure Seau's true feelings were the original words he used as well, of course in business some times you have to take your true feelings back if they offend the man paying you or in Seau's case in this PC world.

Again... Where are Madison or his team mates responces to that article. JT, Zack and Seau have ALL supported this coach. If not they would have demanded that he be replaced... it happens ALL the time in the era of Professional sports. Who would you have brought in?

JimsFins4 said:
Again... Where are Madison or his team mates responces to that article. JT, Zack and Seau have ALL supported this coach. If not they would have demanded that he be replaced... it happens ALL the time in the era of Professional sports. Who would you have brought in?
There were plenty of candidates, without personally interviewing them I couldn't say which one, but all have better records than Wannstedt's ten years of head coaching, 3 playoff appearances in 10 years, one wildcard victory.

Back
Top Bottom