Who said there's no respect? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who said there's no respect?

sbh1602 said:
Tardy, but here...

Ok, so when a player criticizes the team for not having a "killer instinct", he's in fact criticizing the coach? How do you know that?

Second, who calls the plays? The head coach? Then what the hell are we paying the OC and DC for? Also, conservatism? Pulleeeeeeeze! 3 consecutive passing plays in the next-to-last Dolphin possesion (in that OT loss in week 17) - hardly the mark of a conservative philosophy... specially when, at the time, you're still winning.

Third... how are rings as an assistan irrelevant in evaluating a head coach? The 'boys defense was pivotal in their rise to the championships... just look at the playoffs games...

Last, but not least... we're not evaluating the coach per se. We're evaluating whether the coach has the respect of his players. And I'd like to point out to you, game 16 of the 2003 season. Totally meaningless, yet the players played their butts off and won the game for him, even though a defeat would've most likely meant his dismissal.
Two points.........

A) Yes Sam was frustrated but thats about the only time your gonna get honesty from the players to the media, but clearly the just of his remarks were criticism of Offensive and Defensive conservatism, which points to the philosophy of the head coach.

B) The last two games of the season were played against two 6-10 teams who had already checked out for the season, so I'm not all that impressed with those victories.

BlueFin said:
If Tampa Bay had adhered to your theory and kept Dungy its likely they wouldn't have a trophy in their case as most acknowledge Gruden put them over the top.
ARE YOU KIDDING.... If Gruden was the answer... PLEASE explain last season!!!

BlueFin said:
The last two games of the season were played against two 6-10 teams who had already checked out for the season, so I'm not all that impressed with those victories.
Our guys had just as many reasons to check out... Especially if they didn't support or want DW around this year

JimsFins4 said:
ARE YOU KIDDING.... If Gruden was the answer... PLEASE explain last season!!!
Simple, like many teams that win the big game they lose their hunger and things begin to fall apart, Gruden has retooled that team.

I'll take a Championship and a down year over what we've had every time.

JimsFins4 said:
Our guys had just as many reasons to check out... Especially if they didn't support or want DW around this year
Hey Jim, those last two games were lost opportunities as I see it, it was the perfect time knowing full well a new quarterback was on the horizon to find out what we had in Sage, DW was more concerned with his winning percentage.

They will impress me when they close out a season like that when it means the number one or two seed in the conference.

BlueFin said:
Two points.........

A) Yes Sam was frustrated but thats about the only time your gonna get honesty from the players to the media, but clearly the just of his remarks were criticism of Offensive and Defensive conservatism, which points to the philosophy of the head coach.

B) The last two games of the season were played against two 6-10 teams who had already checked out for the season, so I'm not all that impressed with those victories.
Fine then, you won't recognize 17/03, how about 15/02? You know, the Raiders game?

BlueFin said:
Hey Jim, those last two games were lost opportunities as I see it, it was the perfect time knowing full well a new quarterback was on the horizon to find out what we had in Sage, DW was more concerned with his winning percentage.

They will impress me when they close out a season like that when it means the number one or two seed in the conference.
So... the coach is at fault for NOT throwing the last two games to the toilet? Also, while on the Buffalo game, we were still very much alive.

BlueFin said:

If he'd have tanked the season and put in Sage... you'd be crying that he gave up.

Back
Top Bottom