Who said there's no respect? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who said there's no respect?

This site has nothing to do with Chicago... So lets discount those years. Shula (THE COACH), Tuna, Gibbs... None of those guys could have won with that team and their ownership. Last seasons regular season record should have put us in the playoffs. We WILL make the playoffs and we WILL go deep into them... It will be very interesting to see what song BlueFin is singing then...

BlueFin said:
Here you go Champ..............

cornerback Sam Madison created a Super Bowl-week controversy when he criticized the coaching staff during an appearance on WQAM-AM (560). The three-time Pro Bowl selection ripped the team's defensive philosophy and criticizing the offense for not having "a killer instinct."

"We need to move things around and give people different (defensive) looks," Madison said. "If we do the same things in the offseason and training camp and later in the season, we're going to continue being that same great team that can never get over the hump."

Madison also blasted what he believes was conservative play-calling in the second half of the Dolphins' 27-24 overtime loss to New England. The Dolphins squandered two separate second-half leads of 11 points in missing the playoffs for the first time since the 1996 season.

"Each game on offense that we move the ball and score points, the defense responds by coming out and putting people away," Madison said. "When we played the first New England game, we completely destroyed those guys (26-13 in October). Our offense was clicking on all cylinders. In the second game, we destroyed them all game until we got to a point where it was kind of like, 'Let's motor it down.' "For the past four or five of seasons, it's nothing new. It's been the same way since I've been here. We always rely, rely, rely on our defense."

All this proves is a frustrated player after a frustrated loss. Actually, the offense did have a nice lead until the Defense blew it..Not one time did he mention the head coach, if anything I think he was referring to the DEf Coordinator. You just have a huge hatred for Wanny..But trust me Wanny will get the last laugh..

BlueFin said:
There were plenty of candidates, without personally interviewing them I couldn't say which one, but all have better records than Wannstedt's ten years of head coaching, 3 playoff appearances in 10 years, one wildcard victory.

Answer the question..Who ? The man has 2 SB's rings actually. And one of the best records in the league as a HC without someone name McNaab, Manning, Brady, or the 31 other better Qb's than he has..I think you just dont get how hard it is to win in the NFL..Give the man some slack, and trust me Wanny wants to win more than you do..And loves his team alot more than you do..

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
Answer the question..Who ? The man has 2 SB's rings actually. And one of the best records in the league as a HC without someone name McNaab, Manning, Brady, or the 31 other better Qb's than he has..I think you just dont get how hard it is to win in the NFL..Give the man some slack, and trust me Wanny wants to win more than you do..And loves his team alot more than you do..
AMEN, AMEN & AMEN....

BlueFin said:
Oh I see, so you think after Madison got reamed by Wannstedt the next day and backpeddled that the original commments were not his true feelings? I've read similar things from Zach and JT, READ BETWEEN THE LINES

I'm quite sure Seau's true feelings were the original words he used as well, of course in business some times you have to take your true feelings back if they offend the man paying you or in Seau's case in this PC world.

Read between the lines ? It's the players that wanted Wayne to keep Wanny around. With our O-line situation last year I still can't believe we won 10 games..Did you know we hade the same record as half of the teams that was in the playoffs ??

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
All this proves is a frustrated player after a frustrated loss. Actually, the offense did have a nice lead until the Defense blew it..Not one time did he mention the head coach, if anything I think he was referring to the DEf Coordinator. You just have a huge hatred for Wanny..But trust me Wanny will get the last laugh..
A) I don't hate people I don't know, I may hate his coaching ability but not the person.

B) Certainly your intelligent enought to read between the lines that when a player criticizes both Offensive and Defensive conservatism he is in fact criticizing the head coach and his philosophy.

C) Every head coach that has advanced a team to the Superbowl has done so in his first ten years of head coaching, Wanny's ten years are up, he has only 3 playoff appearances and a wildcard win to show for it, I'm not real confident of him getting any last laughs but nobody would happier to admit he was wrong than me, I've lived and died with this team for 34 years.

JimsFins4 said:
This site has nothing to do with Chicago... So lets discount those years. Shula (THE COACH), Tuna, Gibbs... None of those guys could have won with that team and their ownership. Last seasons regular season record should have put us in the playoffs. We WILL make the playoffs and we WILL go deep into them... It will be very interesting to see what song BlueFin is singing then...
No, lets not discount part of a man's record of head coaching, you can't say what a great coach would have done with those teams. John Fox turned around a 1-15 Carolina team in two seasons.

What tune will I be singing if your prediction holds, I'll be very happy and be man enough to admit I was wrong.

BlueFin said:
A) I don't hate people I don't know, I may hate his coaching ability but not the person.

B) Certainly your intelligent enought to read between the lines that when a player criticizes both Offensive and Defensive conservatism he is in fact criticizing the head coach and his philosophy.

C) Every head coach that has advanced a team to the Superbowl has done so in his first ten years of head coaching, Wanny's ten years are up, he has only 3 playoff appearances and a wildcard win to show for it, I'm not real confident of him getting any last laughs but nobody would happier to admit he was wrong than me, I've lived and died with this team for 34 years.

So 34 years of frustration is now leading you to paranoia..And trust me I'm intelligent enough because I've spoken to Madison personaly, and it's people like you he says he's miff about because all he does every Sunday is play their hearts out and sometimes **** just does not fall their way. But like everything in life if you stick to it long enough, something good will eventually come out of it. Please stop acting like DW is the worst coach ever because his not..We have the deepest team in history going in to 04, why dont you atleast have optimism for the future instead of living in the past. And I get wait until you do admit you was wrong because last I checked the season don't start until Sept..

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
Excuse me? Rings as an assistant are irrelevent in evaluating a head coach. His record includes six years in Chicago and it hovers around .500 career.

He walked into a team with three consecutive playoff appearances and a top young defense, not to many coaches could mess that up, and yet Wannstedt has missed two years in a row. I don't care about excuses, I care about results, either he gets it done or hes gone and we roll the dice on someone else.

And as far as loving the team, I was here decades before Wannstedt bleeding aqua and orange and I'll be decades after him, he's being paid to do a job, he couldn't possibly love this team more than I do.

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
So 34 years of frustration is now leading you to paranoia..And trust me I'm intelligent enough because I've spoken to Madison personaly, and it's people like you he says he's miff about because all he does every Sunday is play their hearts out and sometimes **** just does not fall their way. But like everything in life if you stick to it long enough, something good will eventually come out of it. Please stop acting like DW is the worst coach ever because his not..We have the deepest team in history going in to 04, why dont you atleast have optimism for the future instead of living in the past. And I get wait until you do admit you was wrong because last I checked the season don't start until Sept..
34 years of frustration? Hardly, I remember the perfect season and back to backs. In Marino's era while frustrating because he didn't get a ring we still made it to a Superbowl and 3 AFC Championship games. Since JJ and Dave got here we haven't won a playoff game past the wildcard round, and yes I am NOW frustrated because this coach has had long enough to put a respectable offense on the field with the defense he inherited, he hasn't got it done.

You think this is the deepest team in history? Are you kidding? Yes we still have a good defense that is beginning to show some age, we have an O-line that has never played together as a unit and has a lot of inexperience on it, expecting great things out of this line is truly wishful thinking.

We have a mediocre quarterback in Jay Fiedler who is NOT the answer, and we have a backup former fifth round pick who is our hope of an upgrade, please, this team has question marks all over it, right down to the coaching staff and the joke that is our new OC.

Tardy, but here...

Ok, so when a player criticizes the team for not having a "killer instinct", he's in fact criticizing the coach? How do you know that?

Second, who calls the plays? The head coach? Then what the hell are we paying the OC and DC for? Also, conservatism? Pulleeeeeeeze! 3 consecutive passing plays in the next-to-last Dolphin possesion (in that OT loss in week 17) - hardly the mark of a conservative philosophy... specially when, at the time, you're still winning.

Third... how are rings as an assistan irrelevant in evaluating a head coach? The 'boys defense was pivotal in their rise to the championships... just look at the playoffs games...

Last, but not least... we're not evaluating the coach per se. We're evaluating whether the coach has the respect of his players. And I'd like to point out to you, game 16 of the 2003 season. Totally meaningless, yet the players played their butts off and won the game for him, even though a defeat would've most likely meant his dismissal.

BlueFin said:
We have a mediocre quarterback in Jay Fiedler who is NOT the answer, and we have a backup former fifth round pick who is our hope of an upgrade, please, this team has question marks all over it, right down to the coaching staff and the joke that is our new OC.

BlueFin, when Madison made those remarks, he was obviously frustated..Do you know of any player who don't want to open up the D or O and go for it?
You've critized Jay enough to know we couldn't sling the ball up and down the field. So of course Wanny played it convervatively. Wouldn't you? But they have consistently won, I can't knock his philosophy, I don't know what would happen if Jay was allowed to throw a billion times a game, and our D has never been the best blitzing D I've seen, they never get to the QB. So to mix it up too much on D would be a mistake. They have added Zone as a response to Madison and others criticism, so the coaches listened. Every lost I've seen since Wanny's been here, defintely can't be attributed to his coaching style. He won way more than lost. When we lose, it's definetly been a player blowing an assignment or missing a tackle and pass over thrown or underthrow or dropped. The players have continuously been place in the right positions to make plays. That's good coaching. Execution is on the players. The coaches can prepare them as well as they want, but it's the player that makes the play.

BlueFin said:
34 years of frustration? Hardly, I remember the perfect season and back to backs. In Marino's era while frustrating because he didn't get a ring we still made it to a Superbowl and 3 AFC Championship games. Since JJ and Dave got here we haven't won a playoff game past the wildcard round, and yes I am NOW frustrated because this coach has had long enough to put a respectable offense on the field with the defense he inherited, he hasn't got it done.

You think this is the deepest team in history? Are you kidding? Yes we still have a good defense that is beginning to show some age, we have an O-line that has never played together as a unit and has a lot of inexperience on it, expecting great things out of this line is truly wishful thinking.

Ok, the coach hasn't had any fault in fielding a respectable offense. He simply doesn't have the weapons. The GM hasn't given him the tools to work with. Sure, our old GM sucked (mostly on offense)... but he's gone now. On to the new GM.

(BTW, how do you KNOW that Jay Fiedler is NOT the answer? I don't believe he will be... but hey, anything's possible!)

Our team is full of question marks. Yup, totally agree. So what do we, as fans, should say? "Oh, the hell with it... here's to 2005!"? Hardly. We should support the team, and HOPE for the best. And yes, in hope there's a lot of wishful thinking.

MDFINFAN said:
BlueFin, when Madison made those remarks, he was obviously frustated..Do you know of any player who don't want to open up the D or O and go for it?
You've critized Jay enough to know we couldn't sling the ball up and down the field. So of course Wanny played it convervatively. Wouldn't you? But they have consistently won, I can't knock his philosophy, I don't know what would happen if Jay was allowed to throw a billion times a game, and our D has never been the best blitzing D I've seen, they never get to the QB. So to mix it up too much on D would be a mistake. They have added Zone as a response to Madison and others criticism, so the coaches listened. Every lost I've seen since Wanny's been here, defintely can't be attributed to his coaching style. He won way more than lost. When we lose, it's definetly been a player blowing an assignment or missing a tackle and pass over thrown or underthrow or dropped. The players have continuously been place in the right positions to make plays. That's good coaching. Execution is on the players. The coaches can prepare them as well as they want, but it's the player that makes the play.
We can go round and round on this, obviously we disagree.

All excuses aside, and there seem to be plenty that some here want to make for this coach, the bottomline is contending for Championships, not just winning 9 or 10 games a season, but actually contending.

The coaches that achieve that are successful and keep their jobs, those that don't go away. Dave is now getting at least one more year than most thought he should get, If he fails again he has to go, its time to move on and see if someone else can get this team there.

If Tampa Bay had adhered to your theory and kept Dungy its likely they wouldn't have a trophy in their case as most acknowledge Gruden put them over the top.

Back
Top Bottom