Who should be cut in 2004? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should be cut in 2004?

My list may be a bit longer than most, but I'm in favor a large overhaul, not just a minor tweaking....

Offense
======
OT M. Dixon
OG T. Perry
C T. Ruddy
OG J. Nails
QB J. Fiedler / B. Griese
WR D. Thompson / J. McKnight / O. Gadsden

Defense
======
DT T. Bowens
DE R. Burnett
DE D. Bowens
DB J. Fletcher
DB S. Madison
S B. Marion
OLB M. Greenwood
OLB J. Seau

The defense will get gutted to make room for more offense. If it doesn't, I'll be moving to New England.... ;)

what i don't understand is how DW can say Seth Mckinney is playing the best of the line, and then nails gets his job back?

Cutting Todd Perry would only save $900,000 before June 1st, $1.2 million after. He's relatively inexpensive and he could be a candidate for release after June 1st to free up cap space. This, of course, depends on what y'all do about the OL

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
My list may be a bit longer than most, but I'm in favor a large overhaul, not just a minor tweaking....

Offense
======
OT M. Dixon
OG T. Perry
C T. Ruddy
OG J. Nails
QB J. Fiedler / B. Griese
WR D. Thompson / J. McKnight / O. Gadsden

Defense
======
DT T. Bowens
DE R. Burnett
DE D. Bowens
DB J. Fletcher
DB S. Madison
S B. Marion
OLB M. Greenwood
OLB J. Seau

The defense will get gutted to make room for more offense. If it doesn't, I'll be moving to New England.... ;)

Some these guys are FAs

No offense, Blitz, but you're insane. You dont cut cheap, positive playmakers.

On offense, I agree or dont completely disagree with everything but Oronde Gadsden. Gadsden isnt going to cost us an arm and a leg. And he's flat out a playmaker. The man had one pass thrown to him, and picked up two catches. That's a playmaker.

On Defense..

Timbo- Why do we suddenly get rid of him? He's the cornerstone of our D. You dont fire him for an offhand comment that's said to be joking.

Burnett- Depending on how much he costs. We can replace him easily with some other non-pure speed rushing, decent DE.

D. Bowens- Same as above.

Fletcher- If I was hired as head coach, during my press conference I would throw Fletcher down the front steps of the Davie facilities.

Madison- Depends on his playcheck, again. He's got a definate upside. If he doesnt take a paycut, fark him.

Marion- Why? I dont know how much he's costing us, but he's doing a decent job. I'd rather have him then freeman.

Greenwood- This is one that really boggles my mind. Greenwood is playing much better, and looking like the guy who can take on a bigger role. He's part of our future at linebacker.

Seau- The money is worth it. The guy makes plays, and brings fire to the D.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
No offense, Blitz, but you're insane. You dont cut cheap, positive playmakers.

The only playmakers this offense has are C. Chambers / R. McMicheal / and R. Williams.....

The defense is servicable. Players like T. Bowens, B. Marion, S. Madison, J. Seau, and M. Greenwood are easily replacable IMO....

I'm not insane. I'm a Phinz fan.....One that is tired of the same old.

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

cut em all except bowens and madison....they do their jobs very well....draft a FS to groom behind brock....sign/draft QB....SECOND WR!!!!!! and please for the love of god, get some offensive lineman....i don't car if you import sumo wrestlers from Japan....get some men in there that can stop all the pressure NOW!!!!

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

The only playmakers this offense has are C. Chambers / R. McMicheal / and R. Williams.....

The defense is servicable. Players like T. Bowens, B. Marion, S. Madison, J. Seau, and M. Greenwood are easily replacable IMO....

I'm not insane. I'm a Phinz fan.....One that is tired of the same old.

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

In those players you mentioned on defense, there are 4 pro bowlers that you say you can replace easily..........

:confused:

T Bo, Marion and Madison are way overpaid IMO. I would take back T Bo and Sam for a more reasonable price, but give Freeman a shot at FS

Clumped kind of seems to randomly change how much he thinks we're over the cap depending on how he's feeling and how bitter he is about the Bills being a crappy team.

Btw, though...Who are we going to replace Gadsden with? How many people in this league can we pick up for chump change with as clutch as him? I'd be all for getting rid of him, if we could pick up someone better for the price to be a 3rd or 4th reciever. But it aint happening.

Right now, the cap will be approx. $80 million. Miami has about $87 million committed to 39 players. To fill the roster at 51, you will need $225,000 x 12 players=$2.7 million which makes it about $90 million.

That's put ya about $10 million over.........HOWEVER, Miami is likely to have a NLTBE "debit" (add this), Ricky Williams' incentives earned in 2003 are also added to his base salary in future yrs remaining on his deal (add $1.5 million), tenders for RFAs and EFAs (Ogunleye's 1st rd tender will be about $1.5 million and Minor and Greenwood each at about $675,000).

This will put you around $12-15 million OVER once the 2003 season is officially over.

Back
Top Bottom