Who should be cut in 2004? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should be cut in 2004?

Originally posted by Section126

In those players you mentioned on defense, there are 4 pro bowlers that you say you can replace easily..........

:confused:

So what???....

DT J. Zgonina has done a great job filling in for T. Bowens, and he's no Pro Bowler. There are plenty of other DT's out there who could replace TB, but everyone seems to be afraid to find out...

DB S. Madison has steadily declined over the last couple of years. He's no longer a Pro Bowler IMO....

S B. Marion is no longer a strength in the secondary. If he's suppose to be the deepest guy on the field, why is he always chasing WR's from behind, and getting burt on a regular basis. He's old and slow, and his mouth is getting bigger while his contribution on defense is getting smaller. We would be fine without him.....

OLB J. Seau has been great, but at 34, it's time to look to the future. He may have one more good year left, but that's it....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

It's not that easy.............

BTW, Brock Marion is the guy that made the BIG interception in last year's NE game. He was also the guy that made the hit on Faulk to get us a turnover when we needed it.

That is a playmaker my friend.

Clump thanks for the info. So if we are 15 Million over, we will need to make some major changes. We will need some of our guys to restructure and some will get cut. I would make the majority of the changes with the offense. If we cut Fiedler and Griese, does that free up cap space or hurt it????

I may be one of the few around here who wants to see Derrius Thompson stick around for another year. I know his stats suck balls, but for the most part, the catches he makes are pretty OG-like. I like Timmy Bowens as well, he needs to retire as a Phin. Keep Griese only if we improve the O-Line, but I'd say let Fiedler go. His inconsistency is far beyond getting tiresome. Line up the O-Line against a brick wall, get your rifles out, and let 'em rip. Aside from Wade Smith, who needs improvement, we start new.

Originally posted by dolphan39
T Bo, Marion and Madison are way overpaid IMO. I would take back T Bo and Sam for a more reasonable price, but give Freeman a shot at FS

Freeman is gone. Lets all admit that. When we signed knight and benched freeman he decided he was "done" here. That may also be true for T Bo after his comments. It may be the case that neither wants to be here next year.

I think I have only seen one person post the most important fact. We NEED to take more away from D and add some on O. Our offense has been absolutely horrible. Whether it is play calling or performance... let the debate begin, but either way there has to be more $ to the O. I am not sure of the exact numbers, but I know I read somewhere that our D gets 2/3 of the cap and our O only 1/3. Now that means that our D get paid twice as much as the O. It has to be a little closer than that.

For how many years now have we thrown all our money into D and nothing into O?? Read my sig for my thoughts on that...

Are you really ready to cut all of these players, or are you just that pissed off that we lost to the Pats?

I am certain that all of you calling for Brock Marion to be cut were saying just that after he caused the fumble. "He is not a playmaker, we should cut him"

All these cuts:

Where are the replacements coming from?

How are we going to sign them?

Who is going to be our starting corner opposite PS?

Just wondering who has solution and being thankful that none of us are in charge of this beloved team!

Offense Keepers
Ricky Williams
Chris Chambers
OG ~ #2 or #3
Wade Smith
Taylor Whitney ~ Backup
Todd Wade
Jay Fielder ~ Backup

Defense Keepers
Zach Thomas
Jason Taylor
Tim Bowens
Larry Chester
Sam Madison
Patrick Surtain
Brock Marion
Sammy Knight
Eddie Moore~ Backup
M. Greenwood
Corey Jenkins~ Backup
Jr. Seau

Goners & Trade Bait
EVERYONE ELSE!!!

The Phins Could Bring In The Best Draft Picks and The Best Free Agents!!! BUT THEY STILL WILL LOSE!!!

As long as they have Wanny & Norv!!!!

Playing not to lose is just playing not to lose in the 1st half!!! But your gonna lose the game!!!

The Best Thing for the PHINS is to FIRE Wanny & Norv!!!
Have a bad season!
Then Draft Marcus Vick......lol

Why hasn't anyone mentioned that choking nit-wit Olindo Mare? If that little twit refuses to restructure his contract again this year like he did last year, let him walk and hope the door hits him in the arse on the way out (assuming this is salary cap feasible).

Originally posted by Expo88
I'd wipe them all out, except Fiedler who I'd restructure, and get this thing going again with some new blood. Another cut I think most of us would make would be Dave Wannstedt; he simply has to go at this point.

i agree with that.

Originally posted by Maggot Brain
Why hasn't anyone mentioned that choking nit-wit Olindo Mare? If that little twit refuses to restructure his contract again this year like he did last year, let him walk and hope the door hits him in the arse on the way out (assuming this is salary cap feasible).

I agree, thats the first guy to go.

Originally posted by SmokeyPhinz
I may be one of the few around here who wants to see Derrius Thompson stick around for another year. I know his stats suck balls, but for the most part, the catches he makes are pretty OG-like. I like Timmy Bowens as well, he needs to retire as a Phin. Keep Griese only if we improve the O-Line, but I'd say let Fiedler go. His inconsistency is far beyond getting tiresome. Line up the O-Line against a brick wall, get your rifles out, and let 'em rip. Aside from Wade Smith, who needs improvement, we start new.

JF was not inconsistant due to his play but his lines play mostly. frankly, i would have been terrified to drop back and pass when noone is blocking vrabel at all!

Originally posted by phinfan2003
Being that the dolphins are expected to be an estimated 17 mil over next years cap (not including signing our own free agents like Wale and /or Wade), who do you think should be cut/ or have to restructure their contracts in order to get under the cap? Here is my list:

Tim Bowens
Tim Ruddy
Jamar Fletcher
Todd Perry
Sam Madison
Derrius Thompson
Mark Dixon
Jay Fiedler (scheduled to make a big roster bonus)
Brian Griese

Some of the guys on this list need to be cut for lack of production. Some for the fact that we need to get younger. Some to save money and some for all three. Let me know what you think

I agree with all except Timbo and Madison(I know hes erratic at times but its still very hard to find CBs with his talent and it would mess up the chemistry on D). I think you should add Auturo Freeman to that list as well. How about even Rob Burnett? We got depth at the D-Line. He also is pretty injury prone and hasn't done much. He is a vet and I think he's still a good player, but we need that extra cap room.

Also we noticed how much we miss TimBo last week against NE. Theyre running game was slightly better up the middle. Zgonina is solid but he's no TimBo. Tim is a Dolphin for life.

Back
Top Bottom