Who should be the NBA MVP for the 2008 season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should be the NBA MVP for the 2008 season?

Who deserves to be NBA MVP?

• LeBron James

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Chris Paul

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Kobe Bryant

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Steve Nash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brandon Roy

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other - Please Name

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

There's a guy named Greg Oden. Remember him? When he actually suits up next year, he--not Roy--will be the centerpiece of the Trailblazers. Roy will be a very, very good #2, but still a #2 behind Oden.

(I'm not saying Roy sucks. I love him. He's a stellar player. But he's not the centerpiece of that team.)

There's a guy named Greg Oden. Remember him? When he actually suits up next year, he--not Roy--will be the centerpiece of the Trailblazers. Roy will be a very, very good #2, but still a #2 behind Oden.

(I'm not saying Roy sucks. I love him. He's a stellar player. But he's not the centerpiece of that team.)
roy will still be the center piece...he will be the main offensive option. and the player in clutch, and the leader.....oden will be battling with aldridge for #2 on offense........

and what does oden have to do with roy being mvp this year?????

and what does oden have to do with roy being mvp this year?????

MVP means Most Valuable Player. If Roy isn't even considered by his team to be their most important player--sorry, but Oden is going to be the guy, not Roy--then how can he be the entire league's most valuable player?

It's like 2006, with Shaq and Wade. We knew who was more valuable in the Finals, but who was more valuable in getting there? Many would probably say Shaq.

MVP means Most Valuable Player. If Roy isn't even considered by his team to be their most important player--sorry, but Oden is going to be the guy, not Roy--then how can he be the entire league's most valuable player?

It's like 2006, with Shaq and Wade. We knew who was more valuable in the Finals, but who was more valuable in getting there? Many would probably say Shaq.
lol mvp of this year, oden has nothing to do with this year...and roy will be the guy..i dont know how you dont think that

There is no guarantee that Oden will do anything in the NBA. Oden IMO will mainly be a defensive/reb. guy. Nothing like Shaq or Dwight Howard.

I think big-men are the key to winning championships. I agree that Greg Oden will be the center-piece to the Blazers re-building. Though i'd say Tim Duncan is the focal point of the Spurs but Tony Parker was there MVP during the playoffs. I'd also say Ginobili has been there MVP this year and while he shouldn't win the award he should get votes.

IMO, teams gotta make the playoffs to be considered MVP. I believe A-Rod won an MVP with an awful Texas Rangers team which I thought was a travesty.

There is no guarantee that Oden will do anything in the NBA. Oden IMO will mainly a defensive/reb. guy. Nothing like Shaq or Dwight Howard.

Dwight Howard is so unpolished offensively, IMO.

imo, kome doesnt deserve the mvp because the lakers didnt get hot until gasol got there

Chris Paul.

LeBron is overhyped, Kobe has a team around him, Brandon Roy isn't even the centerpiece of his team, Phoenix is starting to lose with Nash and without Marion, Wade's still hurt, and Boston won games without Garnett.

Process of elimination leaves Chris Paul.

Just because he is overhyped doesn't mean he hasn't played like the MVP.

imo, kome doesnt deserve the mvp because the lakers didnt get hot until gasol got there

WTF. You obviously dont watch basketball. The Lakers were in 1st place before Gasol got there and before Bynum went down. Check out the first couple of post in the lakers thread. They were ranked #1 and without Gasol.

Back
Top Bottom