Who should be the NBA MVP for the 2008 season? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should be the NBA MVP for the 2008 season?

Who deserves to be NBA MVP?

• LeBron James

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Chris Paul

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Kobe Bryant

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Steve Nash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brandon Roy

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other - Please Name

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WTF. You obviously dont watch basketball. The Lakers were in 1st place before Gasol got there and before Bynum went down. Check out the first couple of post in the lakers thread. They were ranked #1 and without Gasol.
I do watch basketball and after the lakers lost bynum they weren't in firs and didn't get hot until they got gasol. Without chris Paul the hornets are at the bottom of the west cause peja is old and washed up and David west is a product of chris Paul.

They had the best record going into their road trip before the Allstar break. They had one of the hardest strength of schedule in the first half of the season which Gasol only played in 7 games. Gasol got signed 2 games into that road trip. Gasol played in the 5th game after the Bynum injury. Where will the lakers be without Kobe. At the bottom too like Memphis was with Gasol.

I got Kobe.

I really think he deserves it this year more than any other player.

I love what Chris Paul has done and he has become the best Point Guard in basketball. I just have a hard time giving somebody that has never seen playoff success a MVP trophy. (I know that isn't his fault and he is young) Sorry...can't do it.

So Kobe. I would vote for him anyway over Paul.

I do watch basketball and after the lakers lost bynum they weren't in firs and didn't get hot until they got gasol. Without chris Paul the hornets are at the bottom of the west cause peja is old and washed up and David west is a product of chris Paul.

Uhm, the Lakers have the best record since the middle of December. Pau Gasol wasn't traded to L.A. until February. Plus you give CP credit for West, but no credit goes to Kobe for Bynum? Who do you think was throwing him those lobs and creating space for Bynum? It was Kobe.

Furthermore, the Hornets have been pretty bad recently, losing left and right. That will not help his case. There is also something to be said for how you perform on the big stage (national TV games etc.) and Kobe put on a show yesterday against another West powerhouse in Dallas. Dropping 50+ points on national TV will sway voters who only see certian players. Sorry, its true.

:lol: Kobe the sexier pick.

Kobe has only been the best player in the nba the last 3 years.

Is this topic a joke? Brandon Roy? :lol: What team does he play for again? :rolleyes: Is this the Blazers thread? :lol:

Kind of reminds me when about 4 years ago some idiot actually voted PJ Brown as league MVP on the first season Nash played in a Suns' uniform.

Kobe or Chris Paul will be MVP, IMO.

lol@saying Roy shouldn't be considered because Oden will be the focus of the team next year, hahah... wtf does that have to do with this years MVP award?

i think it should be Lebron, then Paul...

lol@lebron being overhyped... the man is averaging 30-8-7.5 while shooting almost 49% from the field... he also gives you 2 steals and 1 block per game... overhyped?! wtf... and ima sixers fan before anyone says im some cleveland nuthugger...

either way clevelands record without lebron is like 0-7... that should tell you something... and eventhough they made some trades to improve, he is still the only threat on that team... he carries his team more than Paul does... he should win MVP

lol@saying Roy shouldn't be considered because Oden will be the focus of the team next year, hahah... wtf does that have to do with this years MVP award?

i think it should be Lebron, then Paul...

lol@lebron being overhyped... the man is averaging 30-8-7.5 while shooting almost 49% from the field... he also gives you 2 steals and 1 block per game... overhyped?! wtf... and ima sixers fan before anyone says im some cleveland nuthugger...

either way clevelands record without lebron is like 0-7... that should tell you something... and eventhough they made some trades to improve, he is still the only threat on that team... he carries his team more than Paul does... he should win MVP

Based off of that criteria, Kobe should have won it the past two seasons. In my opinion, LeBron is second on the ballot, behind Kobe. In fact, my ballot is as follows:

1. Kobe Bryant
2. LeBron James
3. Chris Paul
4. Tim Duncan
5. Kevin Garnett

i think Kobe has a better team around him than Lebron... now and before the trades...

i think Kobe has a better team around him than Lebron... now and before the trades...

Considering the team around Kobe before the Gasol trade was pretty much the same amount of guys that everyone blasted for being talentless hacks, I think it goes with the point that Kobe is just that good. Besides, Kobe and the Lakers play in the WEST where 50 wins doesn't guarentee you a playoff spot. LeBron is playing in the minor leagues essentialy where two teams stand in his way. The level of competition isn't even close.

Despit all of that, Kobe still has his team at or near the top spot and is playing at an amazing level right now.

Considering the team around Kobe before the Gasol trade was pretty much the same amount of guys that everyone blasted for being talentless hacks, I think it goes with the point that Kobe is just that good. Besides, Kobe and the Lakers play in the WEST where 50 wins doesn't guarentee you a playoff spot. LeBron is playing in the minor leagues essentialy where two teams stand in his way. The level of competition isn't even close.

Despit all of that, Kobe still has his team at or near the top spot and is playing at an amazing level right now.

I don't think anybody expected the Lakers to play as well as they have this year. More specifically before the Gasol trade. As much as the Gasol trade was a steal keeping Bynum will turn into as big of move, or non-move.

Though I think expectations were even less for the Hornets.

It's tough man. Kobe and LeBron are head and shoulders above everyone else. Before it's over, these guys may be remembered as two of the best ten players in NBA history.

I said LeBron earlier in the year, and as great as he is (averages more points, assists and boards than Kobe I believe), he has many more years to win it and will win multiple MVPs. Kobe hasn't won that yet and he surely deserves that on his resume. So, I'm changing my vote for Kobe.

Though if LeBron continues to drop 50 and 10 I may change back.

Back
Top Bottom