Who wants McDaniel Fired? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who wants McDaniel Fired?

Fire The Head Coach

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
What does it matter if offenses put up bad games against bad defenses or good defenses? Its a bad performance either way. That's why I used averages. You are the one that is fighting math with your narrative.
No you are the one who is saying how great the Dolphins offense is and that is not the case at all.

No you are the one who is saying how great the Dolphins offense is and that is not the case at all.
We averaged 29 ppg the most this franchise has seen in 25 years. Its not perfect. But I think I will give McDaniel time to improve the things he needs to fix.

We averaged 29 ppg the most this franchise has seen in 25 years. Its not perfect. But I think I will give McDaniel time to improve the things he needs to fix.
And again it's like empty calories because they failed to deliver in big games.

He's not perfect and there is plenty to improve on for sure, but how anyone could want him fired at this point is beyond me.

A lot of you are making a faulty judgment on thinking this season was the same result as last just because the team didn't win a playoff game. That is a hurdle that eventually needs clearing for sure, but look at all the areas this team improved upon from last year. Offensive output improved pretty significantly, defense improved. The team won 2 more games than they did last year.

Good teams are patient with head coaches. Factor in the uncertainty and upheaval involved with a replacement and it would take an absolute imbecile to fire a head coach who had success in year 1 and only improved in year 2.

He's not perfect and there is plenty to improve on for sure, but how anyone could want him fired at this point is beyond me.

A lot of you are making a faulty judgment on thinking this season was the same result as last just because the team didn't win a playoff game. That is a hurdle that eventually needs clearing for sure, but look at all the areas this team improved upon from last year. Offensive output improved pretty significantly, defense improved. The team won 2 more games than they did last year.

Good teams are patient with head coaches. Factor in the uncertainty and upheaval involved with a replacement and it would take an absolute imbecile to fire a head coach who had success in year 1 and only improved in year 2.
So how many years are willing to give him without winning a playoff game?

Maybe you and him and all seven of you yes voters can form a nice circle jerk .😂
You should make a suggestion to the MOD’s to have a “Circle Jerk” forum. Then the seven of them would have a place to call home and not have to post the same thing over and over again

Zero chance I fire him right now. The good news with MMD is he can immediately get better by simplifying things. Become a run-first team, or at least run way more often team. I believe the addition of a couple of talented interior OL will change the entire complexion of this team (if they are smart enough to do that). I believe it would quickly reveal the 2.1 second release time wasn't a preferred strategy, it was a necessity. One other nugget that doesn't get talked about enough is the need to improve special teams. If Miami had a "good" special teams this year, they would have hosted a playoff game with ZERO other changes.

Okay, I agree that there was some improvement this year. The offense didn't have as many wasted time-outs and delay of game penalties as last year. And, the passing game and running game were both highly ranked. One big improvement is that they beat the bad teams that they should have beat (except for Tennessee), where previous teams would lose a bunch of those games.

However, while they didn't have as many delay of game penalties, they still had a lot of penalties due to guys not knowing how to line-up or ineligible linemen downfield, which means that they didn't know the rules. That's on McDaniel, because Shula made sure his players knew the rules. Also, when plays go in with little time to spare, how many negative plays were due to still having players go in motion because McDaniel loves that, but it left Tua with no time to change the play or audible out of a bad play? And, what good was that great running game when McDaniel went away from it for no reason? McDaniel still knows nothing about making effective adjustments or scheming to take advantage of an opponent's weakness.

Also, although they beat the bad teams (except for the Titans), they lost to all of the winning teams. (Except for Dallas, but they barely squeaked by with a win, and Dallas is basically a mirror image of Miami, with negative narratives.) Even though previous teams sometimes lost to the bad teams, they also won the occasional games against top teams, something that this team can no longer do.

IOW, even though there has been a slight improvement overall, they still commit too many stupid mistakes, and worst of all, they still choke in big games and lose when they really need a win. It's pretty sad that last year's team with a 3rd string QB had a better showing against Buffalo in the Wild Card game than this year's so-called highly ranked offense with all of those worthless stats did against Buffalo. IMO, Boyer's defense was more effective against buffalo than Fangio's defense was.

I'm sure you were performing at your peak in the 2nd year of your new job. Any serious minded (experienced) football fan knows there was progress made, but injuries and other factors including some poor coaching decisions contributed to our poor playoff performance. McD will evolve. I hope that he brings in an OC to call plays, but I still want McD to create the game-plan.
The last thing this organization needs is to have more turnover at the HC position.

If we failed our goals then was progress really made? This is a very talented roster. It's two years in a row with the exact same issues. Can't beat good times, our offense usually really sucks in those big games. Plays take forever to get out so Tua has no time to analyze the defense or make any adjustments. Mcdaniel still abandons the run game when it's working, still makes bad play calls in red zone (stupid red zone fades), he still will pass on 3rd and short and then go for it on 4th down and still passes it again. It's two years in a row of the same issues, specifically on offense, the plays McDaniel is calling himself.

How much longer before we see that McDaniel is not "evolving/growing/learning"?

Can you tell me what mcdaniel improved on from last year to this year?

Back
Top Bottom