Who wants McDaniel Fired? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who wants McDaniel Fired?

Fire The Head Coach

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey E, fascinating comment. I have heard this about coaches over the years, I think it kind of explains the Lions overachieving, I don't mean the Lions don't have decent talent, but they are not the Ravens or Brady led Patriots. Their coach might be looking like a maniac, but his passion and confidence appears to be infectious. So if this theory is accurate, and it translates to the Fins, I am uncomfortable with the thought. Mikey is a smart guy and really knows football, but I think his inability to adjust when the "plan" does not work does affect the team psyche, and if it continues, I fear the loss of confidence in him will be, well shall we say not great.

The Ever Confident VIPER
I get your point
I just don’t like the alternative where people think stomping their feet and throwing chairs and screaming is the answer to success

McD stays 100% and he will get better.

All I’ll say though is if Fangio decides to bail for whatever reasons and we’ll have a 3rd DC in 3 seasons then we no longer get to crap on Flores about OCs imo.

Ya it makes perfect sense because he can’t beat good teams and the goal is to win a Super Bowl not just make it to the wildcard round. They just aren’t good enough to beat playoff teams and the QB and head coach are a big reason why.
Ehhh maybe the QB but we averaged 29 points per game. Somebody is doing something right. Given Tua with Flores, I would say its Mcdaniel but what do I know. Let your emotions run wild. Throw logic aside.

Ehhh maybe the QB but we averaged 29 points per game. Somebody is doing something right. Given Tua with Flores, I would say its Mcdaniel but what do I know. Let your emotions run wild. Throw logic aside.
They didn't average 29 points per game against winning teams. They scored a total of 21 points in their last two games against the Bills and Chiefs. Good teams can easily shut the Dolphins offense down and that is a big problem.

Everyone that wants him to stop calling plays. We scored 496 points. 29 ppg. Second in the NFL. First in the AFC. He's not giving up play calling. As he shouldn't.

Lot of emotions in here that don't follow logic.

Only 17 ppg vs teams with winning records.

They didn't average 29 points per game against winning teams. They scored a total of 21 points in their last two games against the Bills and Chiefs. Good teams can easily shut the Dolphins offense down and that is a big problem.
Maybe it had to do with the fact we played with 3 backups on the oline more than 50% of offensive snaps. Only so much you can scheme up against good defenses. When you don't have the dudes it catches up to you.

The chiefs scored less than 24 points 9 times. Less than 20 points 7 times.
49ers Scored less than 20 points 5 times.
Dolphins scored less than 24 7 times. Less than 20 4 times.
Ravens Scored less than 24 5 times. Scored less than 20 4 times.

Good offenses have bad games. We AVERAGED more than anyone in the AFC and Second in the entire NFL. And you think McDaniel should give up play calling and is on the hot seat. That's rich.

He has had a loaded roster and loaded coaching staff, yet two years in a row at the later part of the season the Dolphins collapsed.
You can have an All Pro at every single position when the season starts but when you lose and obscene amount due to injuries for the season or an extended amount of time I don't care who your coach is, you are not overcoming it. That being said, McD needs to improve in several areas but I still think he is smart enough to realize and correct it.

Maybe it had to do with the fact we played with 3 backups on the oline more than 50% of offensive snaps. Only so much you can scheme up against good defenses. When you don't have the dudes it catches up to you.

The chiefs scored less than 24 points 9 times. Less than 20 points 7 times.
49ers Scored less than 20 points 5 times.
Dolphins scored less than 24 7 times. Less than 20 4 times.
Ravens Scored less than 24 5 times. Scored less than 20 4 times.

Good offenses have bad games. We AVERAGED more than anyone in the AFC and Second in the entire NFL. And you think McDaniel should give up play calling and is on the hot seat. That's rich.
Ya they do but those teams also can score against good teams as well. The Chiefs scored 27 points against the Bills last weekend in Buffalo. The Dolphins wouldn't have been able to do that. Heck they only could score 14 points against them at home and 0 points in the second half. Stop using injuries as an excuse to fit your narrative. The Dolphins offense is like empty calories. Sure they can put up points against bad teams but when they face good teams they just can't get it done and coaching is a big reason why along with a very limited QB. I have said over and over that if the team continues to have these problems in 2024 and they collapse at the end of the season again then McDaniel deserves to be on the hot seat at that point. Next season is put up or shut up time!

Did you read the original post? It was about what head coach has won a Super Bowl in his 1st or 2nd year. I was pointing out two of them that did it regardless of the players they had. Bill Walsh and Joe Gibbs did it fairly quickly as well.
It was easier to build teams back then also since you had no salary cap to worry about.

Ya they do but those teams also can score against good teams as well. The Chiefs scored 27 points against the Bills last weekend in Buffalo. The Dolphins wouldn't have been able to do that. Heck they only could score 14 points against them at home and 0 points in the second half. Stop using injuries as an excuse to fit your narrative. The Dolphins offense is like empty calories. Sure they can put up points against bad teams but when they face good teams they just can't get it done and coaching is a big reason why along with a very limited QB. I have said over and over that if the team continues to have these problems in 2024 and they collapse at the end of the season again then McDaniel deserves to be on the hot seat at that point. Next season is put up or shut up time!
What does it matter if offenses put up bad games against bad defenses or good defenses? Its a bad performance either way. That's why I used averages. You are the one that is fighting math with your narrative. The bad performances have to be seen in context. Which I think you lack since you dismiss injuries altogether.

It was easier to build teams back then also since you had no salary cap to worry about.
Correct but I responded to someone who said what coaches were able to win a Super Bowl in their 1st or 2nd year.

Back
Top Bottom