Who wants McDaniel Fired? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who wants McDaniel Fired?

Fire The Head Coach

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
shocker. They didn’t score as many points against good teams. That’s why an average is used. Chiefs and ravens have laid absolute stinkers too. And some to not even good defenses. Check the chiefs vs raiders. We still had the second highest scoring offense and honestly probably the highest after you take the cowboys defensive and special teams TDs out (unusually high) McDaniel isn’t perfect but **** y’all demand a lot for being fans of a franchise that hasn’t sniffed 24 points per game much less 29 ppg.

If I’m not mistaken, you have been pretty critical of Tua lately. So McDaniel has a team with the second most points scored in the league with a QB you criticize a lot (maybe fair criticism). You want to get rid of McDaniel doesn’t logically make much sense.
KC has a track record that shows they'll be there (and what do you know, they're in their 6th straight AFCCG!). Ravens too. Which of those teams lost every game against a playoff team in their own conference?

Right...neither of them.

Probably much older than you and in a more senior position, but thats irrelevant. Peak is subjective, as there is always continuous improvement. Point being there was not much improvement, if any, in the coaching and ability to handle adversity.
I always try to understand someone's maturity/experience before judging their opinion. Hence, the question regarding your age/position. We must agree to disagree because I thought McD showed improvement including how he handles adversity. But we likely agree that he has much room for growth.

200.gif
I’ll take “S”words for $600, Alex.

shocker. They didn’t score as many points against good teams. That’s why an average is used. Chiefs and ravens have laid absolute stinkers too. And some to not even good defenses. Check the chiefs vs raiders. We still had the second highest scoring offense and honestly probably the highest after you take the cowboys defensive and special teams TDs out (unusually high) McDaniel isn’t perfect but **** y’all demand a lot for being fans of a franchise that hasn’t sniffed 24 points per game much less 29 ppg.

If I’m not mistaken, you have been pretty critical of Tua lately. So McDaniel has a team with the second most points scored in the league with a QB you criticize a lot (maybe fair criticism). You want to get rid of McDaniel doesn’t logically make much sense.
Ya it makes perfect sense because he can’t beat good teams and the goal is to win a Super Bowl not just make it to the wildcard round. They just aren’t good enough to beat playoff teams and the QB and head coach are a big reason why.

I'm sure you were performing at your peak in the 2nd year of your new job. Any serious minded (experienced) football fan knows there was progress made, but injuries and other factors including some poor coaching decisions contributed to our poor playoff performance. McD will evolve. I hope that he brings in an OC to call plays, but I still want McD to create the game-plan.
The last thing this organization needs is to have more turnover at the HC position.
McDaniel made a lot of the same mistakes this year as he did in his first season. Are you willing to give him like 5 years to evolve? I’m not. If he doesn’t improve next season then he needs to be gone.

KC has a track record that shows they'll be there (and what do you know, they're in their 6th straight AFCCG!). Ravens too. Which of those teams lost every game against a playoff team in their own conference?

Right...neither of them.
Bingo!

McDaniel made a lot of the same mistakes this year as he did in his first season. Are you willing to give him like 5 years to evolve? I’m not. If he doesn’t improve next season then he needs to be gone.
Who will decide if he’s improved or not?

But what if we could trade McDaniel to Pittsburgh for TJ Watt?. 😂😂😂😂

No way I’m firing McDaniel unless I’m promised Grier is also fired. Then I’ve got to think about it.

I am posting this poll because I think it is the most efficient way to figure out who I should ignore here.

Thank you for you cooperation.

View attachment 159251
i voted NO but i do want him to be more emotional on the sideline and become more of a disciplinarian. i always see coaches in the refs face arguing about a call and to me that has to help to get the "next" call. i'd like to see the culture of the team become more of a physical type team.. need a few thumpers on both sides of the ball to do that though

i voted NO but i do want him to be more emotional on the sideline and become more of a disciplinarian. i always see coaches in the refs face arguing about a call and to me that has to help to get the "next" call. i'd like to see the culture of the team become more of a physical type team.. need a few thumpers on both sides of the ball to do that though
Ouch
One thing you don’t want is an emotional coach on the sidelines
When I played in college we took on our coaches demeanor
That’s not good

IMG_1098.jpeg

Ouch
That’s not good

View attachment 159297
Actually, I think you missed his point.

A coach doesn't have to be an emotional wreck, but fired up and into the game is what he is talking about. Working the sideline refs is not some plea for emotional help, it is a strategy to level the playing field on penalties. Not unlike QB's, coaches can at times get refs to look for things on the opposing team they wouldn't normally look for.

There's no way we fire a HC after 2 winning seasons. MM knows he has to correct a lot next season or he's gone along with CG.

No way Grier gets a 7th year and 3 years for a HC is about standard.

Ouch
That’s not good

View attachment 159297
Hey E, fascinating comment. I have heard this about coaches over the years, I think it kind of explains the Lions overachieving, I don't mean the Lions don't have decent talent, but they are not the Ravens or Brady led Patriots. Their coach might be looking like a maniac, but his passion and confidence appears to be infectious. So if this theory is accurate, and it translates to the Fins, I am uncomfortable with the thought. Mikey is a smart guy and really knows football, but I think his inability to adjust when the "plan" does not work does affect the team psyche, and if it continues, I fear the loss of confidence in him will be, well shall we say not great.

The Ever Confident VIPER

Back
Top Bottom