Who was John Avery? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was John Avery?

ChambersWI said:
correct, but we picked him with one of the picks we got when trading back, and JJ said that Shannon was one of the reasons he was willing to pass on Moss.

I don't know it was a long time ago. But i do recall JJ saying Shannon reminded him alot of M. Irvin

ChambersWI said:
correct, but we picked him with one of the picks we got when trading back, and JJ said that Shannon was one of the reasons he was willing to pass on Moss.

Just to clear this up for you guys---Avery was picked with the 29 th pick in the first rnd. Moss had already gone with the 21 st pick. So it didn't matter didly squat what Miami did, as Moss had already gone.

Whitedolphin54 said:
Just to clear this up for you guys---Avery was picked with the 29 th pick in the first rnd. Moss had already gone with the 21 st pick. So it didn't matter didly squat what Miami did, as Moss had already gone.

but Miami traded down from it's original pick, which was at 19.

im sorry, but if this person was john avery, he probly still is john avery....hahahahah...

john avery was a member of the dolphins for a very short amount of time, and he was also a big time disapointment.......in Mia... he played in the xfl,and i believe the broncos, but could never get that 4.3 speed to help him..

ChambersWI said:
Yes, because Jimmy the Ego thought he could find gems anywhere in the draft and loved to trade down. But with the Dolphins, for every Zach Thomas and JT there was also a John Avery and a Larry Shannon.

ChambersWI said:

Point taken, I forgot that. I knew there was something about that draft-damn--Good thing though is that Holliday and tebucky jones were in that 1st rnd draft- and they are here now.

TAK said:
We drafted him with our first pick in 1998 and we only had him on our team for a year then he disappeared. Did he get injured or something or did we pick another bust?

EDIT: Also who was Yatil Green?

(I am looking over our past draft picks)
john was poop on a string and come to think of it yatil green was too!:sidelol:

Whitedolphin54 said:
Point taken, I forgot that. I knew there was something about that draft-damn--Good thing though is that Holliday and tebucky jones were in that 1st rnd draft- and they are here now.

Jimmy Johnson said that if he was not able to trade down he would have taken Holliday at 19. Weird how things work out.

havanahec said:
Jimmy Johnson said that if he was not able to trade down he would have taken Holliday at 19. Weird how things work out.

thx for that H--ho hmmmmnnn-seriously though, i think Bosa would have been a star for us, had he not been injured .

Back
Top Bottom